Sigh. DIsappointments.

Chillicothe, OH

S'funny...the brugs don't tempt me at all, but these purple poison beauties really speak to me. That's a beautiful photo, Chantell. Oh, I hope I make the 'free dat' list!--Melis

Barnesville, GA(Zone 8a)

Don't all Dat's have stinky foilage? Sorry, but I'll take a Brug any day!

Bucyrus, OH(Zone 6a)

Dat foliage does smell either like peanut butter or urine (the two most common things I have heard the aroma called.) The thing is, brugs won't overwinter here. I'm not certain if they can be planted as annuals.

My dats all have fragrance. The white dats are sweet and cloying. The black currants are sweet, citrus-like, and kind of spicy.

We takes what we can gets. :)

-Joe

Middle of, VA(Zone 7a)

LOL "peanut butter or urine" now THERE'S yummy combination?!? Ewww gross!!! No bruggie blooms for me yet - got a late start deciding I "needed" them. They will go INdoors with the plumies and jasmines...sure the household will thank me as they do

San Diego, CA(Zone 10b)

Joe...does your urine smell like peanut butter? ahhaha LOL!
Sorry guys I couldn't resist....happy Monday!
Rob

Bucyrus, OH(Zone 6a)

Ummm. No. Peanut butter is someone else's description. The pee thing is mine, but I don't think peanut smells like pee. Wow. %)

This has suddenly become a really WEIRD conversation for DG. :)

As promised, an undisapointment. Black currant swirl.

-Joe

Thumbnail by joegee
Bucyrus, OH(Zone 6a)

And a beautiful disappointment, passiflora caerulea.

-Joe

Thumbnail by joegee
San Diego, CA(Zone 10b)

lol, I agree!
My passion vine is also a beautiful fragrant disappointment...very pretty but fery faint fragrance.

Middle of, VA(Zone 7a)

LOVE my Passi Incense...very soft scent!!!
Ok Joe buddy ole pal...I've made a note to set aside seeds for you on the double....pllleeezzz don't forget about me if you get a seed pod on that one ok? It's beau-ti-ful!!!
I don't know - urine, peanut butter and popcorn all can have the same unique funky scent....but I think I'll just end my input on this one...it has gotten on the "far side" ^_^

Chillicothe, OH

Peanut butter and/or wee...what an incentive not ever to fall on a datura.

But thanks for the FYI re: the black currant ones smelling like citrus! If the above doesn't put me completely off the things that's the datura I'd like to have, I think.--M

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.