Dish #2(didn't even properly finish the first one), lol

(Taylor) Plano, TX(Zone 8a)

Here is one that I did a few nights ago. I didn't even finish my first one, and here I am starting another one, lol...

I was having trouble with my camera lens, so couldn't post until now.

I didn't do mine neat and tidy, like noknok...I crammed it full. Just like my real-life garden, lol...

It is so rewarding to do these tiny gardens! You get such big results in very little time and effort.

Thumbnail by seedpicker_TX

On the right is a real tree purchased already shaped and bonsai-d.

On the left is my quicky version of a tree, lol...It is a mexican heather plant that I got in a 4" pot, and then trimmed to make it look like a tree. I think it turned out neat, and was a fraction of the price of the "real" tree. Plus there were three rooted pieces in the pot, so now have two other mex. Heather trees as spares. :0)

You may not see it well in the pictures, but there are lots of tiny purple blooms on it, and the foilage is nice and tiny. You have to get creative, when you can't spend a fortune. :0)

Another money saver, is that I did not purchase an arbor. I used 2" fencing and bent it into an arbor. The 2" fencing was only 2.99, and it made two arbors.

I just pointed the pointy ends of the fence to the back

I bought this great package of tiny buttons at the craft store. It has tiny ladybugs, bees, and dragonflies.

I used the wire out of bread bag ties, and looped it through the loop on the back of the buttons, so they would stick in the dirt, and the button would look suspended

Here is the bee headed toward a daisy :0)

and here is the dragonfly buzzing near the birbath

Here is a close-up of the unusual blooms on the wire vine that is planted to climb up the arbor

here is the back side, which shows a conifer type bush and the back of the tree.
sorry about the dish scan tag! oops :0)

and of course, I can't forget to mention Fido

He came in a 6 pack of dogs at the craft store, and they were marked 50% off...what a deal.

(Pegi) Norwalk, CA(Zone 10b)

Don't you just love it when you find all these goodies on sale??

This is perfect for the gardener who lives in an apartment. All ready to put a glass totem together, at last, and now have misplaced the glue I want to use. I should never move things from one place to another,

Is the glass totem for the stand to put your garden on?

(Pegi) Norwalk, CA(Zone 10b)

Seedpicker, I guess I ran all my thoughts together. I haven't done a tiny garden yet, got so many things I want to try first. I haven't tried making a totem, but love all the ones I've seen. I have a nice supply of glass objects picked up at thrift store and today I decided to try my hand at putting them together. I guess if I go out and buy some more glue I'll find the one I misplaced.

I do have some tiny things for a garden if and when I make one. Have some bug buttons and now I've found a use for them.

Willamette Valley, OR(Zone 8a)

Seedpicker, that looks great! I love the picket fence turned into an arbor! You have a great imagination. Love those buttons too!

Coshocton, OH(Zone 6a)

that's cute! great idea with the fence!

(Audrey) Dyersburg, TN(Zone 7a)

I'm thinking about using popsickle sticks for a fence, and maybe an arbor. Maybe a fairy door?

Southwest, VA(Zone 6a)

Nice job seedpicker! Great imagination!

South, TX

Great job, so cute!!!

Mesilla Park, NM

Oh I love it...

My gnomes are big.. I'm going to have to keep my eyes open for small things.. I like the button idea.. I've got some small butterfly buttons.. I'm afraid of what DH will say this time..lol

Mesilla Park, NM

P.S. where are you guys getting these neat pots?? I love them.

Wal*Mart has some cute little pots nade for the dwarf violets. .50 each, and they have the saucers made 2 or 3 different ways.

Southwest, VA(Zone 6a)

I'm so envious... I haven't started on tiny garden #1 yet!

Antoinette-
Do you mean the "dish" garden pots?...the squat broad containers?

I got mine at Wal-Mart for $6.32 each. I'd have bought more than two, but that is all they had left. The scan tag says "dish garden"

My local Calloways has them, too, but a few bucks more. But, they carry a lot more sizes. They carry 6" to 24". But, I think that sewing thing you just found would be a great diplay container for a mini garden.

If you are talking mini pots, I got some at Michaels. They even have drain holes! I'm going to plant some mini sedum cuttings in them...

And these little tinies were already tiny, and already potted in tiny pots. These came from Calloways

So, Antoinette... you are crafty...

would this work?...I was thinking about taking this tiny saucer, painting it baby blue, putting a circular mirror in the bottom, placing a few tiny resin koi, and then filling with pour on.

Would that work to look like a pond, or do you have any better ideas, or alterations of that? I was even thinking maybe streak a little paint over the mirror, but not completely cover it, so it would reflect light into the "water"...

I have some tiny loose bricks

and I thought I would top the saucer with them, like they did in this picture.

Look to the far right at their little pond that is catching gutter water. I just love it!

Barnesville, GA(Zone 7b)

Seedpicker, I like your garden!! What is that wire vine? That last pic is adorable........love the greenhouse!

Here is the plantfiles link for the wire vine:
http://davesgarden.com/guides/pf/go/58078/

Mesilla Park, NM

oooh, what great ideas... I have some glass rooks from a chess set that would make perfect bases for a birdbath, and the rest of the set could be made like statues in the garden and some sets come in white marble... now give me a minute to think about that pond, what you've said sounds great though.

This message was edited Jun 30, 2008 7:27 AM

Framingham, MA(Zone 6a)

oh Taylor you are bad... a good enabler nevertheless!!!!

Thumbnail by Kassia
Framingham, MA(Zone 6a)

and another one... now I want more things so I can do more... a never ending problem!!!!

Thumbnail by Kassia

Kassia-
great job!

That first one made me smile. Two turtles in love, lol...The second one is very sweet and cottagey. I like it!

I went back to the craft store today, and they had restocked some buttons. I got one button that I used as a sign, and a new "doggie". There were also tiny mice, and glittery butterflies.

Is it getting too cluttered?

This was a really cute button that I used as a hanging sign. There were two in the package along with some flowers and bees.

And just got this new little button doggie. I can't decide which one I like better...any opinions?

The new doggie button(on the right) also came with a doggie bowl, and a ball :0)

This one I haven't used, but thought it was cute. It has glittery butterflies, and tiny mice.

Don't worry about it being to much, till the fairies start throughing it back at you!!

LOl...which doggie do you like better? I think the one on the right is cuter, but it is a flat backed button...the other one is a figurine and more to scale, but not quite as cute...?

Acampo, CA(Zone 9a)

Seedpicker love your garden !! Is'nt it fun landscaping a tiny garden !!! I like the buttons too !!

My pick is the dog with the newspaper in his mouth , more realistic looking which I like it really has to look like a "real garden" not a cartoony garden just my opinion what I like....................

looks great though

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.