Dutch Plant Farm Spring Cleanup Sal

Brunswick, MD(Zone 6b)

Got this from the newsletter in my Email today from Critter's favorite nursery in Frederick.

Gourmet annuals regular priced at $3.99 now $1.99 and our 4" annuals regularly priced at $1.99 now at 99 cents.

Azalea's half price.

Large outdoor containers are HALF PRICE! Some beautiful concrete urns and decorative ceramic planters all on sale.

NORTH CENTRAL, PA(Zone 5a)

Nice folks running that nursery too! Go 'git 'em. Wish I was within reach of that fine nusery and greenhouses. They had one water item that at half price would have nailed me into a life long debt. Mercy that was a dangerous place for me. :)

Lucketts, VA(Zone 7a)

I had a chance to visit this nursery while I was off from work last week. I took advantage of the annuals sale and potted up some containers :-).
While I was there, they told me about an upcoming IRIS SALE. It is sponsered by the Francis Scott Key Iris Society, and will be held at the Dutch Plant Farm on Saturday, Jul 19 starting at 8:30 AM - selling miniature, tall bearded, siberian, japanese... They said this is a great sale with a lot of variety, and to come early - majority of stock is sold in the first two hours!

Shenandoah Valley, VA

Ooooooo! Irises!

Thumbnail by hart
Frederick, MD(Zone 6b)

YES!

That rhizome sale is GREAT!

I scored a bunch of lovelies there last year -- unbelievable "leftovers" from the regional conference.

But the selection on ordinary years is pretty good, also, and you can't beat the prices! There's a bonus of free rhizomes for anybody who joins the society, also. The FSK society is full of wonderful, friendly folks. I keep signing up but then fail to make it to a single event due to various schedule conflicts... aargh!

Terri, it sounds like I'll see you there! Ordinarily, I'd suggest a lunch afterwards, but we've got friends coming over for a BBQ around noon. Maybe everybody else can head to lunch... There's a tex-mex place nearby (behind the KFC, right off 40, west of DPF) that's really good, and of course everybody knows how much I like Chef Lin chinese buffet!

Sally, I'll be on the lookout for peach irises for you. :-)

Miata, I still say you need to dig up at least a 3 foot border around that little fence in your sunny front yard so you can plant a mix of irises, daylilies, etc... not to mention a good assortment of spring blooming bulbs! Haha, I know, you're relaxing and enjoying your garden this week, not thinking about digging!

Brunswick, MD(Zone 6b)

So true Jill. Just came in from the garden trying to get a pic of the hummingbird moth on the butterfly bush. Now I plan to pour another cup of coffee and read a little more of one of the 7 books I brought yesterday. I hope to try to start reading a little of one of the books Sally brought me back from Italy during my vacation too. Well have to get back to relaxing. Someones got to do it ^_^

Lexington, VA(Zone 6a)

"Relaxing", what a perfect way to spend your birthday :) Hope you saw your birthday thread, we've missed you!

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.