A few pictures of what I have blooming today.

North of Atlanta, GA(Zone 8a)

butterfly

Thumbnail by LiliMerci

Heritage Rose

Thumbnail by LiliMerci

fraus, I have some passion flower seeds and I can't get them to germinate. Have you ever tried to germinate the seeds?

CoreHH, the first hibiscus, I think I saw at HD the other day. Is it Luna? If so, the flowers are humongous!

This message was edited Jul 4, 2008 11:12 PM

Winterville, GA(Zone 8a)

Lili, I started these from seed, but I can't remember if I started them indoors or wintersowed them. I'm thinking I wintersowed them though because that's how I started almost all of my seeds.

JoAnn

Are your seeds have a flat shield-looking shape? Did you have to sand them? Heating mat?

On another subject. I found this growing in one of my lemon container. Today I found a flower on it. Does anyone know what plant this is? I don't remember this plant from my seeds collection.

Thumbnail by LiliMerci
Barnesville, GA(Zone 7b)

Lilimerci, it is pretty no matter what it is, sort of looks like a pea blossom of some sort.

That's what I thought too. I just found out it's called ornamental peanuts. It's a ground cover.

Evans, GA(Zone 7b)

To be honest ... this picture was taken last week but this is the first time I've looked at it. I loved the fact that all three plants were blooming together.

Thumbnail by Artgal
Winterville, GA(Zone 8a)

Lili,
I did not have a heat mat at the time so no, I did not use one. I can't remember what the seed looked like because I started it some time during the winter along with about 70+ other kinds of seeds! If the seed coat was hard, yes, I probably filed or knicked it and soaked it overnight in very warm water before planting. Sorry I can't be more helpful, but I just can't remember that far back.
JoAnn

Winterville, GA(Zone 8a)

My first two Heavenly Blue Morning Glory blossomed this morning. I've been watching the vine for weeks. I also have a trumpet vine growing on this post, but it's not doing much right now.
JoAnn

Thumbnail by frausnow
Winterville, GA(Zone 8a)

Closeup of HBMG.
JoAnn

Thumbnail by frausnow
Atlanta, GA(Zone 7b)

JoAnn what a beautiful blue!!!! I can just imagine what this will be like when fully covered with it!

Winterville, GA(Zone 8a)

Thank you, Tuliplady.

BTW, this "post" use to be part of a wooden swing, but apparently the previous owner ran into it and busted the right post. After we moved in I cut down the broken post to about 24" high, painted it green, nailed a platform on the top and stuck a potted plant on top of that! This year my strawberry pot sits on top of it. Then for the left post, I cut off the 2 x 4 and left the L at the top to hang my basket from.

JoAnn

Thumbnail by frausnow

Clusters of jasmines are blooming, but here is a really photo...

Thumbnail by LiliMerci

Does anyone have moonflower blooming? I haven't seen buds on mine yet.

Barnesville, GA(Zone 7b)

Got lots of buds on mine which is planted in dappled shade. If they ever open the deer will probably get 'em..........one of their favorites!

Finally, a bloom on my MG (Cameo Elegance)

Thumbnail by LiliMerci

Runner Beans

Thumbnail by LiliMerci
Evans, GA(Zone 7b)

Who knew runner beans would look so pretty. (Probably most people did, but I didn't).

I've never grown them before, but when I read the package it sounded so pretty and I love vine, so I thought what the heck. Anyway, they are so easy to germinate and grow very quickly. I think I planted them close to the middle of June. Here it is a month later.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.