A few pictures of what I have blooming today.

Bluffton, SC(Zone 9a)

Hardies are kicking in now.

Thumbnail by CoreHHI
Bluffton, SC(Zone 9a)

Another

Thumbnail by CoreHHI
Bluffton, SC(Zone 9a)

Flowers aren't opening all the way on this one. Lots of flowers but not opening.

Thumbnail by CoreHHI
Bluffton, SC(Zone 9a)

Canna starting to flower.

Thumbnail by CoreHHI
Bluffton, SC(Zone 9a)

Rose of sharon going.

Thumbnail by CoreHHI
lagrange, GA(Zone 7a)

Oh they are just beautiful. I bet your yard is beautiful with all those showing at once.

lagrange, GA(Zone 7a)

Had a few things blooming today also.

Lord Baltimore

Thumbnail by Georgiaredclay
lagrange, GA(Zone 7a)

Swamp Mallow

lagrange, GA(Zone 7a)

One of the hibiscus that shut down the coop here on Daves' This is one that was suppose to be a named variety. Still pretty even if it wasn't what it was suppose to be. The sun was shining bright when I made this one this morning.

This message was edited Jun 22, 2008 12:36 PM

lagrange, GA(Zone 7a)

Red Phlox

lagrange, GA(Zone 7a)

Another Phlox that I can't think of the name of at this moment. If I think of it I will edit.

lagrange, GA(Zone 7a)

One more
Clymers Pride Daylily

Barnesville, GA(Zone 7b)

Very pretty from both of you. Jim, here is the morning glory bush I bought from Brenda at Seed Sprout.

Thumbnail by bugme
Barnesville, GA(Zone 7b)

And here is my only hardy hibiscus which is covered with buds and a few flowers..........if I can keep those #$%^^*$&#%@$#japanese beetles away from it..........they've made my rose leaves look like lace.

Thumbnail by bugme
Bluffton, SC(Zone 9a)

I have about 7 more hardies about to bloom. I don't have a name for any of them. LOL. I have one that is some kind of cross but it has a very nice flower or at least I think so. Here it is from last year.

I might try to cross a few this year but I've never tried so who knows if it will work.

Thumbnail by CoreHHI
lagrange, GA(Zone 7a)

I have one almost the same. This is from last year.

Sharon that MG Tree is so pretty. Save me a cutting if you can.

This message was edited Jun 22, 2008 6:49 PM

Bluffton, SC(Zone 9a)

Have you had the MG bush for long? I started a few from seed this spring and I'm wondering if they flower like the vines or what exactly they do? Mine are about 2 feet tall now but I have no idea if they'll bloom this year. I have some MG's and they flower like crazy for 6 months or so I'm hoping the MG bushes will do the same.

This is exactly what I got. http://davesgarden.com/guides/pf/go/52996/

Was told it should be a light purple.

A shot of my MG vine.

Thumbnail by CoreHHI
Atlanta, GA(Zone 7b)

This is my first bloom in backyard. Photo taken yesterday.
Blue Satin. Don't know if the pic. does it any justice but it's almost purple blue. Small plant but full with buds... can't wait. Have 2 more bushes "Sugar Tips" full with buds.

Thumbnail by TulipLady
lagrange, GA(Zone 7a)

I had three of the mg trees and they all failed to come back. All three different colors. I left them out. That was why Sharon was showing the bloom to me, she knew I lost mine. They are really pretty. You probably will get some blooms this year.

lagrange, GA(Zone 7a)

Coby that is really pretty. How you doing?

Barnesville, GA(Zone 7b)

Core, this is the first year for it to live with me. Checked out the DG link and it is not supposed to be hardy lower than 8b? Jim, since you've had one before, do you recommend treating it like a tropical? They can get pretty large according to DG.

Bluffton, SC(Zone 9a)

I live on the coast so it's rare that I see 25 degrees. Some winters I don't see a frost so I can get away with some tropical stuff. I have tropical hibiscus that come back every year. I think the key really is my soil temp. A veggie farm said we never go under 55 degrees, it actually gives him a problem with some of what he tries to grow.

Barnesville, GA(Zone 7b)

Bloom from a magnolia rescued from the woods

Thumbnail by bugme
Bluffton, SC(Zone 9a)

Does that magnolia have leaves with a silver underside? Deciduous? I have a couple of those growing wild in one part of my yard but I haven't been able to get a name. Blooms look the same as the one in the picture.

Here's my DD blanchard that is blooming now.

Thumbnail by CoreHHI
Bluffton, SC(Zone 9a)

I like these roses, not much trouble and bloom a lot. Think there called show time.

Thumbnail by CoreHHI
Barnesville, GA(Zone 7b)

Core, the deciduous magnolia you're describing with the silver under the leaves is another species called 'swamp magnolia' or 'sweet bay magnolia'. There is one growing in a wet area on our property and it is beautiful when the wind blows those leaves around and blooms nicely too, with the usual lemony, magnolia scent. Would love to have it closer to the house but, like the native azaleas, I consider them gifts and appreciate them in their natural habitat.
Here is a google link:
Magnolia virginiana Swamp Magnolia or Sweet Bay Magnoliaceae. 7m. Some leaves evergreen. Large, fragrant flowers common in late spring and early summer. ...
www.georgian.edu/pinebarrens/bi_p_mvi.htm - 32k - Cached - Similar pages

Bluffton, SC(Zone 9a)

Think that's it. I like the way the leaves look in the wind.

Atlanta, GA(Zone 7b)

I've been sick with a nasty cold for last few days and look what I saw this morning!
I bought these 2 scrawny little tropical blooms at HD last year, did not really expect them to come back. Was very surprised to see something come up weeks ago and I was very curious how they would do. Now I dont know what to do. If all these buds come out they'll be too heavy for the stems. They are about 2,5 foot high.
It makes me feel better though, look at the "visitor".

Thumbnail by TulipLady
Atlanta, GA(Zone 7b)

Here's the visitor.

Thumbnail by TulipLady
Winterville, GA(Zone 8a)

Took these photos this morning of the Tiger lily's that have finally opened up. You can see the grass around the outside of the ring is drying up from the drought. I used good potting soil and added Watersorb crystals (which I got through DG co-op) inside the ring. Doing a pretty good job of keeping the plants alive.

JoAnn

Thumbnail by frausnow
Winterville, GA(Zone 8a)

Lily closeup

Thumbnail by frausnow
Winterville, GA(Zone 8a)

CoreHHI,
Your Hibiscus looks like mine!
Joann

Thumbnail by frausnow
Winterville, GA(Zone 8a)

My first magnolia bloom. I've been dying to have a Magnolia tree ever since we moved to the South 5 years ago. I'm sooo excited!
JoAnn

Thumbnail by frausnow
Winterville, GA(Zone 8a)

Another first....passion flower

Thumbnail by frausnow
North of Atlanta, GA(Zone 8a)

no id Canna

Thumbnail by LiliMerci

Stargazer

Thumbnail by LiliMerci