Thumbnail by ecrane3
Dublin, CA(Zone 9a)

A slightly deformed Amber Suzanne

Thumbnail by ecrane3
Dublin, CA(Zone 9a)

And last but not least, my brand new City Slicker

Thumbnail by ecrane3
San Bernardino, CA(Zone 8b)

Beautiful pictures, Liz!! That Lady Cilentro bush looks great, with such pretty blooms. And your City Slicker - I'm so jealous!! I bought City Slicker about a year and a half ago directly from DuPont and it's the only plant, although huge and very healthy, has never bloomed. I very recently repotted into a 12" pot, so I'm hoping she likes her new pot and location better and will reward me with some beautiful blooms like yours this year - super pretty!!

Hey, are you still coming down to So Cal in August???

karen

Dublin, CA(Zone 9a)

I just got my City Slicker from HVH, it had a couple blooms on it the day I opened the box, and then 2 days later a new fresh beautiful one! Hopefully it keeps up that way, I'd be really bummed if it decided to go the way of yours and stop blooming!

I am still coming down in August, but unfortunately due to various things I'm making it a very short trip--I'm flying in around noon the day of my friend's wedding, then flying back the next morning. I had originally thought of driving down and spending a few days, going to the HVH open house and some cool nurseries, but unfortunately the timing isn't going to work out. I will make it down there one of these days though!

Too bad your visit will be so short, I was looking forward to meeting you :-)

Dublin, CA(Zone 9a)

Me too! You better watch out though, you might find a few hibiscus missing if I come visit! LOL I will definitely make it down there for a real vacation one of these days, things were just going to be too crazy this time and I couldn't make it work to stay for longer. But I've got a couple opportunities next year, my sister is running the Death Valley marathon next Feb so I might come down and hang out with her for a few days but would probably plan some side trips to LA/SD area before or after. And I'd love to come down for the Roundup next year if I don't have out of town guests that weekend like I have the last two years (I don't have guests more than a few times a year, it would be too much of a coincidence to have someone here on Roundup weekend 3 years in a row!)

I didn't go to the main spring round-up either year. I'm afraid there are just too many people there that might be sick. Sounds weird, I know, but when you're a bubble girl, ya gotta take that into consideration :-( I try to go to a couple of the smaller ones throughout the year though - I went to a spring bbq and iris showing at Louise's (weegy) and I've been to Arlene's (twinlakechef, I think?) a couple times now and had a really super time - gardeners are such nice, welcoming people :-)

BTW, when "Death Valley" and "marathon" are used in the same phrase, isn't that an oxymoron, lol??

Dublin, CA(Zone 9a)

LOL! My sister is a little crazy, she has conquered all the "easy" things like the Boston Marathon so now she's looking for bigger and better challenges! When she was out here earlier this month (the weekend of the roundup!) she ran a 25K race up Mount Diablo--she was supposed to do the 50K which goes up and down the mountain twice, but she hurt her foot and wasn't able to train for that distance so she cut back and just went up and down once. I won't even hike on Mt. D because it's too steep but she thought nothing of running on it!

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.