No Rain!

Augusta, GA(Zone 8a)

Artgal, you must good with that stick. Just had the best rain since March. One and 3/8 inch with no wind and just a little thunder. A cloud finally came down I-20.

Evans, GA(Zone 7b)

I'm really glad that the stick helped Farmerdill - it did look like you were getting some when I looked on weather.com - but it skirted us going south - just a few drops but not enough to wet the driveway. I'm still shaking that stick, though!

Barnesville, GA(Zone 7b)

Happy for you Farmerdill.

Lawrenceville, GA(Zone 7b)

Good for you Farmerdill

Artgal:

You need to post a picture of the "Stick"

BB

Seale, AL(Zone 8b)

Ok ArtGal.. Shake that stick down a bit further , please. I am to the point that I starting to see oasises.

Glad ya you finally got some rain Farmerdill. Seen on the news tonight that a bunch of Ga getting a good shower in parts. Hope it continues for ya.

Cleveland,GA/Atlanta, GA(Zone 7b)

We got our stick out for you too Farmerdill. You should be getting more as we are blowing it your way. The downside is it is still pouring here and things are getting very soggy. I cannot garden at all these last days. Way too wet. I cut German Queen tomato leads today for Fall starts. They are seven feet tall, but we have only picked two tomatoes so far. Don't you have enough time left for some Dixie peas?

Internet connection has been spotty with all the weather.

laurel

Augusta, GA(Zone 8a)

I may plant a couple of lbs in the morning. They don't keep over too well so I might as well, hope the moisture holds out til they sprout. The ground is so dry, that by noon tomorrow, the rain will only be a memory. Did give me a little optomism tho. I will also seed a new bed of collards, cauliflower, and broccoli. Already have cabbage and some collards started

Thomson, GA

Well, we have been getting wonderful drenching afternoon rains for 3 or 4 days here by the lake. We have had so much that a few of my tomatoes and watermelons are bulging and cracking skins, but I;m not complaining! My dahlias and daylilies are so happy!

Evans, GA(Zone 7b)

Apparently there were really good rains on Thursday in the area - but zilch for us apart from the small storm on Wednesday. We're beginning to lose shrubs.

lagrange, GA(Zone 7a)

We got between 2-3 inches on Thursday. The most we have gotten in 2 years.
Been having computer problems so haven't been able to keep up
with all the reports.

Congratulations on your rain. We too seem to have had more rain this week than in recent years. Certainly more than this summer so far. I'm guessing that it's over five inches in the past week from containers in the garden. We are emptying bird baths, pot drainage trays, etc. because we are seeing lots of mosquito larvae. Guess we can move on to the next gardener's lament..being eaten alive in July.

Farmerdill, I wish I had room for several pounds of Dixie peas. I can eat them for breakfast, lunch and dinner. That, some greens and cornbread made with homemade buttermilk makes summer seem air conditioned. Hope you got some rain by now. Here are my Christmas beans doing me proud.

Laurel

Thumbnail by MaypopLaurel

Sent daughter and her BF off with buckets down our roads. Can't believe I found another pail full in the fridge later this afternoon!

Laurel

Thumbnail by MaypopLaurel
North of Atlanta, GA(Zone 8a)

MMM! Blackberry Jam!

Lawrenceville, GA(Zone 7b)

...drool......

BB

North of Atlanta, GA(Zone 8a)

LOL! Do we not have anything better to do???

What might that be, a trip to the mall? :) I spent the rest of the week working and this was my idea of a perfect day off.

Laurel

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.