Nightowls thread 58: Sunshine, blooms await

Newark, OH(Zone 5b)

We came from http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/799960/

That last thread was from the new year, surely tired and in need of a fresh start for summer. LOL

I've not too much to report here...I'm healing up well, still have some trouble with the shoulder and can't lift heavy stuff, but am able to do most everything else. I just push my limits a little each week and back off if I start having pain. I've been working out in the yard and still working about 18 hours/week at the coffee shop.

Have those of you in the midwest noticed the plants are blooming like CRAZY this year? There is a cherry tree in the front of our house that is full of bright red cherries...My MIL and I were talking about it the other evening, and neither one of us remember it fruiting before. It always flowers, but this fruit is crazy. My roses are all blooming great...Daylilies, too. I wonder if it's because of that prolonged freeze we got last spring, nipping everything in the bud (literally), that this year the plants are making up for it. Blooms, blooms everywhere. I love it.

This thread has 167 replies. This forum is accessible only to subscribing members of Dave's Garden. There are many free features here, and about half of our forums are completely open to all members. And learn more about Dave's Garden, and explore the benefits of becoming a subscribing member.

Want to join? Register here. Already signed up? Click here to login!