Travelling Gnome Game

Perth,, ON(Zone 5a)

well, it would appear when you are looking for a gnome, there's none to be found, at least around here, lol.

the best I could do is a small stuffed moose (4") with 'Canada' embroidered on his chest.
I did pick up a yellow rubber ducky for my rain barrel.....

I'll keep looking?

those pics above are ADORABLE!

Calgary, AB(Zone 3a)

I'm in....

jo-north

TORRINGTON, AB(Zone 3b)

Hey hey, and hello!! I'm in :-)

This is the 1st ?swap? I've been in........ I always liked the idea of the Travelocity gnome, and used to see a 'travelling gnome' on Coronation Street (anyone see/remember that one? he was taken from his garden, and the thieves wrote letters to the owners about the gnomes travels hahahaha too funny!)

This message was edited Jun 14, 2008 8:18 AM

Calgary, AB(Zone 3a)

TRES gooder. The fooleys showed up ! Should we go with the wooden one that Mg found? I think it would be cool to start at the west coast and end at the east but that's just MHO. Is everyone good with that? Mg do you luv him? cuz Dave will come back to you. Also we just dumped the buying part on you, are you ok with that? I will send some $ cuz its not really fair to leave that with you.

Beautiful, BC(Zone 8b)

MG - do you have paypals?

(Marion) Havana, FL(Zone 8b)

If Dave would like to come to Florida in the future, the welcome mat is out! Even have a Moose and a Loon so he doesn't get lonesome. Not even to mention the geese, both alive and wooden. See I'm prepared for company down the road.

Calgary, AB(Zone 3a)

Me too.

Dnut the Foolygrowns are probably out digging in their gardens in bewen the rain/hail/thunder etc today.We dont call ourselves Fooly Grown for nothing!

Calgary, AB(Zone 3a)

LMAO our US friends are in! Thanks abbis but I think maybe next year that's if ok with you. Border delays can be rude and this is Dave's first tour. We were keen to join your tour at the get go til we thought about the border delays. I think Dave might want to head south next summer for sure (what more welcome could he want than a moose and a loon) and hopefully maybe get a chance to tour with Staynot if all we crazy Canucks agree. This year I'm sure Dave will send postcards of his most excellant adventures on the "Great Canadian Garden Tour" to Staynot ^_^

Calgary, AB(Zone 3a)

fancyvan I just KNEW you were in the garden today and KNEW you were in for a visit with Dave. I got h*a*i*l when I wasn't home. Only a little pitting on leaves so not so bad.

Calgary, AB(Zone 3a)

I'm in. Yup in the garden 'till dark

Jo South

(Audrey) Dyersburg, TN(Zone 7a)

Hello! I've been reading your thread. I hope you post pics of Dave's travels, I know you're all going to have fun! Ya'll sound like some of the gals here in the States! Lots of fun!^_^ Hope you don't mind if I join you with chatter!
Audrey

Victoria, BC(Zone 8b)

The wooden one is the one with the red hat, and carrying a duck in the last photo. I'm too pooped to think.

Linda

Calgary, AB(Zone 3a)

I lke the one with the duck too MG 99. I'm definitely in to share the expense to get Dave on the road. Every one agreed? Going...going.....
Please send your thoughts pronto. Thanks.

Blyth, ON(Zone 5b)

Welcome Audrey, and all other American friends who care to join us here! Of course you can chatter away with us here. The more the merrier!

I too like the little guy with the red hat and the duck. Can I send something toward the purchase price as well?

--Ginny

Perth,, ON(Zone 5a)

here's a pic of the moose.

he was only a $1, lol

Thumbnail by drivenbonkers
Calgary, AB(Zone 3a)

Mayve the Gnome needs a moose for company? Or a beaver?

TORRINGTON, AB(Zone 3b)

what's Fooly Grown, or foolies??
I'm glad to contribute to the cost, too :-)

btw - the little gnome with the red hat & duck is so adorable! I vote for him to visit
my house :-)

This message was edited Jun 14, 2008 8:06 AM

Calgary, AB(Zone 3a)

Susan :Fooly Grown is a little garden group who first met on April 1st.

Beautiful, BC(Zone 8b)

I thought your were talkin' bout me.

Victoria, BC(Zone 8b)

LOL growin, I'm sure that title could cover most of us.

Calgary, AB(Zone 3a)

I TOTALLY luv the moose. I too think Dave and Bullwinkle should travel together.

(Audrey) Dyersburg, TN(Zone 7a)

I'd like to get in on the one going around here, but I can't find it! I think I'm getting a camera next week, and then I can take photos!
Audrey

Calgary, AB(Zone 3a)

Audrey here is the link to the adventures of "Stayput" http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/859125/

Calgary, AB(Zone 3a)

FOOLY GROWN GARDEN GROUP

WE ARE FOOLY GROWN.
BORN OUT OF HARSH WIND CHILLS, SHORT GROWING SEASONS
AND SEEMINGLY GIFT BEARING CHINOOKS
WE LIVE AND BREATHE GARDENING, FOOLISH AS IT MAY SEEM.
INTENSELY WE SAFEGUARD OUR SOIL, CODDLE OUR PLANTS,
OFFER HYMNS TO THE WEATHER GOD
IN OUR PURSUIT OF AWE-INSPIRING GARDENS.
LIGHTHEARTEDLY WE SHRUG AT OUR MISTAKES, WAIL AT THE HAIL,
SALUTE THE SLUGS, KNOWING WE CAN AND WILL ALWAYS TRY AGAIN.
FOR INDEED WE ARE GARDENING FOOLS.
TOGETHER WE CELEBRATE OUR PASSION
IN A NEVER ENDING AND YET FULFILLING STRUGGLE,
…IN BETWEEN SLICES OF BLACK FOREST CAKE!

Scuse the caps - couldnt figure out how to change it!

comebychance, NL(Zone 5b)

fancyvan you hit the nail on the head with that we are a tuff breed gardeners i dont think mother nature could through anything at us that we wouldnt be out in the protect or plants.

Calgary, AB(Zone 3a)

It was written by one of our creative members!

We are a very small group who had been posting a lot on the new CHS forums and decided we should meet face to face- it happened to be April lst and subsequently one of the members wrote this for us!

wouldnt it be great if all us canadiansin here could meet some time and have a giant BB-Q and swap stories and plants.

Victoria, BC(Zone 8b)

We did have a get together of a few of us, around 15 I think, with DGre's coming from Que, Man, Sask, Alta and of course BC, held in Victoria April 2005. We did a lotr of trading and learned much from other members. It was overall, a good time.

Linda

Calgary, AB(Zone 3a)

We had a small RU in Calgary last year but yes it would be great to have a Canada wide meetup - might be more realistic to have regional RU's

TORRINGTON, AB(Zone 3b)

Terrific, Carol!!
Especially the part about "seemingly gift-bearing chinooks" lol
And the short season...........we're lucky we didn't get snow in June lol
I can't believe we got sooooooooooo much rain in "dry Calgary!!!", and no, I'm not referring to the drinking.......... this rain drives one to drink hahahahaha (especially if it's wine we're talking about lol )

Blyth, ON(Zone 5b)

Absolutely - the moose must come too! But if Dave is going to start on the west coast then Bullwinkle will need to travel there on his own first - logistics ya know :-)

Perth,, ON(Zone 5a)

what's the address? and I'll get him packed up!

can i send the one thats in my back garden eating my tree,Dave can leave him anywere he wants lol

Victoria, BC(Zone 8b)

This seems to have gone very quiet.

Are we agreed that I get the wooden gnome, and Bullwinkle comes along for the trip?

Or has everyone been too busy to think about this?

let me know...

Linda

Calgary, AB(Zone 3a)

OK with me. Do we have to set up an itinerary?

North Saanich, Canada

Good for me. Driven-are you sending Bullwinkle out to Linda???
Do we need to do a West to East itinerary??? IF so, then we need to know for sure who is in.

Calgary, AB(Zone 3a)

I'm in for sure...and the format sounds great.

Are we going to pick one representative per town/city to receive the travellers by mail and then let those people organize how Dave & Bullwinkle get around that particular town/city?

jo-north

TORRINGTON, AB(Zone 3b)

I was wondering the same thing, Grow_Jo.......... keeping in one city with 5 peeps times 1 week = 5 weeks, f'instance & would look kinda greedy - we don't want that! :-)
Poor Dave wouldn't get much travelling to different "hot spots" would he...

I like the Dave & Bullwinkle "show" that would be so kewl - we might even be able to find a Natasha, right? Anyone from DG named Natasha, or could be a look-alike?

Blyth, ON(Zone 5b)

I'm definitely in.

Yep Linda, I think you're supposed to get the wooden gnome. Yell out for donations to assist with the cost. I think Bullwinkle should definitely travel to B.C. to start the main journey with Dave, and I think drivenbonkers just needs the address to send him to.

Who's going to set the itinerary?

--Ginny

Calgary, AB(Zone 3a)

Ooh dahlianut, where are you? you started this thang....

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.