Travelling Gnome Game

Calgary, AB(Zone 3a)

Do we want to join in this game or start our own? I can't do pics yet but others can (hint, hint fooly grown buds) http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/859125/

Victoria, BC(Zone 8b)

I'd be interested, we've got a few DGer's in town and on the island, we should be able to muster up some support.
Too bad we're moving to a place that has a weed patch for a yard and pratically a non existent garden. But the living area is at least a 200% improvement. And we can "do what you like to make a nice garden" Shall I tell the landlady a GH is needed...

I do have a 3 yo Bird of Paradise that's bloomed for the past 2 years, so maybe again this year. Maybe the nome would like it there? Hmmm, here's a thought.... 'I am your new neighbour and I love your gardens, can I take a couple of photos with this little gnome. puhleeez??

Comeon everyone, time for a good canadian showing, lets all territorries involved and all the remaining provinces.
My apologies, the human operators operating system isn't up to speed this evening.

Linda in Victoria.

Beautiful, BC(Zone 8b)

I'm in.

Perth,, ON(Zone 5a)

sure, I'd give the gnome a tour in and around!

do we have an actual gnome who wants to travel, or should we advertise for the position?

Blyth, ON(Zone 5b)

I'm in too! We might want to do our own game rather than share the other one, but only because postal delivery times across the border can be so unpredictable. I, and probably many of you too, have had times where it took only a few days and other times where it took a few weeks.

Does the gnome get a story and everything to start him/her on their way?

--Ginny

Beautiful, BC(Zone 8b)

Just trying to get a handle on whether this is ethical - http://www.freethegnomes.com/ . Will we have a problem with the Garden Gnome Liberation Front? http://www.canada.com/theprovince/news/story.html?id=69f84b96-fcf3-496f-a191-383253c69022&k=86456%20
Should we call the gnome, "Dave"?

Orangeville, ON(Zone 4b)

Sounds like fun!
Hmmm, well if a gnome creates too much controversy, we could always use something symbolic of Canada.....like a beaver?? lol

Erynne

Calgary, AB(Zone 3a)

LOL growin I think we're ok on the political front as we are liberating a gnome and sending him on the "Great Canadian Garden Tour". I think 'Dave' is a GREAT name and I think he should carry a diary to record his adventures. Have we got a member on the east coast? That would be cool if he went ocean to ocean. I have gardening friends in the arctic although not DG members but it might be cool for him to go to Yellowknife? YOOOO HOOOO fooly grown members are you in? ok who has a gnome? ^_^

Victoria Harbour, ON

I'm in, lordy I'm in every other game and swap, sure don't want to miss my 1st Canadian one..

Calgary, AB(Zone 3a)

Erynne we crossed posted. What about a beaver seriously? That would be WAAAYYYY too funny in the pics.

Perth,, ON(Zone 5a)

I had planned to stop off at the dollar store this aft on the way home from work. I'll check to see if I can find a candidate and/or luggage.......

I'll let you know if I find anything!

Beautiful, BC(Zone 8b)

One would think Better Gnomes & Gardens - 595 Gorge Road East, Victoria, BC V8T 2W5 Telephone : 250-386-9366 would be a good choice to look.

Beautiful, BC(Zone 8b)

Oh, they have a webpage: http://www.bettergnomes.ca/

Victoria, BC(Zone 8b)

That;s a good idea growin.

Ok you guys, if driven bonkers in Perth can't find anything at the $ store, let me know if ya want me to get to the store listed above.

Victoria, BC(Zone 8b)

I can go and taken photos of some of their gnomes so you can see what they have,

Perth,, ON(Zone 5a)

ok, do we want a 'regular' gnome or an interpretation of a Canadian gnome......?

please note, I have a particularily warped sense of humour......

Calgary, AB(Zone 3a)

I vote warped. They don't call me dahlianut for nothin ^_^

Blyth, ON(Zone 5b)

Oh definitely the warped interpretation :-) It should be pure Canadian, eh?

Perth,, ON(Zone 5a)

I'll be on the lookout for a suitable candidate.....will advise later today/tomorrow.......

I've never gone gnome shopping before! this is gonna be FUN!

Blyth, ON(Zone 5b)

On the east coast the members that are known to me are:

burn_2007
DCarrington
Todd_Boland
digging_dirt

Oh, by the way - we have South Carolina back now too :-) Go here and scroll down to "Browse by Canadian Province" http://davesgarden.com/community/memberlist/

Calgary, AB(Zone 3a)

Great thanks ginnylynn. I'll DM them to see to see if they would like "Dave" to visit.

Beautiful, BC(Zone 8b)

Better Gnomes & Gardens will try and get some pictures to me. MG99 - spoke to Christa @ the shop - she said if you wanna bring your camera - all good.

Perth,, ON(Zone 5a)

the more choices we have the better!

bring on the gnomes!

Calgary, AB(Zone 3a)

Dmed ginnylynns east coast list. Boy maybe Dave's gonna get lobster. I'm greeeeeeen already.

North Saanich, Canada

I'm in! Maybe Linda and I will have to do a "joint" gnome visit, and find lots of interesting sites for "Dave" to visit!

ggd

Calgary, AB(Zone 3a)

I'm thinking the "Fooly Grown" Cowtown crowd will do the same thing ggd. Where are those foolys today anyways? O silly me, there sun for the first time in a month. They're in the garden for sure.

Orangeville, ON(Zone 4b)

Can't wait to see the potential candidate(s)!

comebychance, NL(Zone 5b)

hi everyone,im not sure what this it about please show me the light lol

Calgary, AB(Zone 3a)

o dear. We better get health insurance for Dave.
http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/fp.php?pid=5099208

edit: Glad you chimed in digging_dirt. This is about sending a garden gnome named "Dave" on the "Great Canadian Garden Tour". We will take pictures of Dave in our gardens and having local adventures, post them and then send them on to the next DG member(s) to visit with. We are thinking of including a travel diary so Dave can record his most excellent adventures. We're hoping he goes coast to coast. We're still working out details.

This message was edited Jun 13, 2008 1:31 PM

This message was edited Jun 13, 2008 1:32 PM

comebychance, NL(Zone 5b)

that sounds like fun

Victoria, BC(Zone 8b)

Hokey Dokey, here's some gnomes:

I did go to Better Gnomes & Gardens, I'm not sure who I was speaking to but when I asked if I could take pictures I was asked if I was from the canadian gnome club. I did explain about DG's and our plan, she was most happy that I was there. The prices range from $4 - ~$30 and are wood or ceramic. Some are heavy and some are light.

Thise one is ceramic and has a spot for a tea light.

Thumbnail by MG99
Calgary, AB(Zone 3a)

Cool digging_dirt!!! WOW Dave's gonna have a better Canadian tour than probably many of the rest of us has ever had!!!!

Victoria, BC(Zone 8b)

Here's 3 more, all ceramic

Thumbnail by MG99
Victoria, BC(Zone 8b)

Heres a mixture

Thumbnail by MG99
Victoria, BC(Zone 8b)

These guys are ceramic

Thumbnail by MG99
Victoria, BC(Zone 8b)

and the last of the choices.
There weren't any beavers, a couple of frogs and cats but made of cement.

Does any one have one they want to use to get the trip started?
Driven bonders what did you find?

GGD, I'm sure we can have a party for 'Dave' here with the rest of the local DG's.

Thumbnail by MG99
North Saanich, Canada

Just my two cents worth, but I think a wooden one would be great, and we would also not have to worry so much about breakage! I like the little guy in the last picture. Looks like he is wooden.
Boy, you're fast Linda!!! I have never been to Better Gnomes and Gardens, so I guess it's time I went!!!

Calgary, AB(Zone 3a)

I think the one in the green hat is hilarious ^_^ Looks like he's gonna bonk someone with his garden tool. But I agree wood would be best as we all saw what happened to poor Staynot and better for shipping costs too.

(Pegi) Norwalk, CA(Zone 10b)

All the gnome pictures are so cute. I'm looking forward to Staynot coming for a visit to my house, but don't know just when. He has started his visiting already. Been looking for small gnomes for my garden.

Blyth, ON(Zone 5b)

Thought I'd better let our southern friends know that we have South Carolina now :-) http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/862898/

I like all the gnomes - especially the sleepy guy in the striped pj's, but you're right - wood is probably the way to go.

Where's drivenbonkers with her report?

This message was edited Jun 13, 2008 7:11 PM

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.