June Daily Weather II, Weather Abounds!!!

Taylor Creek, FL(Zone 10a)

Floods in Indiana, Twisters here and there,
Earthquakes in Iceland, and green where last year there was none.
Temps break records over 100 years old.
We get a 30 minute rain about once a week.
70.9 °F / 21 °C
Thunderstorm Rain Mist
Humidity: 100%
Dew Point: 71 °F / 22 °C
Wind: 8.7 mph / 14 km/hfrom the SSW
Wind Gust: 14.5 mph / 23 km/h
Pressure: 29.97 in / 1014.8 hPa (Steady)
Visibility: 3.0 miles / 4.8 kilometers
UV: 2 out of 16
Clouds: Scattered Clouds 1000 ft / 304 m
Overcast 2000 ft / 609 m
(Above Ground Level)
Elevation: 37 ft / 11 m
I went out to catch a few shots as rain started.
Please come by and post often.
Sidney

Thumbnail by sugarweed
(Zone 7a)

I don't know if the elderberry makes berries that are edible. It's a recent purchase and still in the pot.

An inedible cherry off the weeping tree.

Thumbnail by kwanjin
Amelia Island, FL(Zone 9a)

Gary has an appointment on Thursday for surgery at 1:00pm. To remove the left … you know. Please keep him in your prayers.

Rann – The way you feel at 60* is how I feel at 90*! It’s so sad seeing the damage to your area. I really hope the owners of the longhouse rebuild. It’s an amazing structure. Is there a chance that the springs will fill back up? Your girls are so cute! I’m envious of your garden!
Celia – You are welcome to the picture! I love the elderberry – so pretty! You must have a welcoming garden to have so many visitors! LOL! What is that beautiful yellow bloom?
Kiska – So far no rain here. We do have some low clouds thought…maybe we’ll get some if I don’t think about it too much! LOL!
Adina – Pretty hibiscus!
Sidney – As always – your coleus are gorgeous!

74.3 °F / 23.5 °C
Mostly Cloudy
Humidity: 59%
Dew Point: 59 °F / 15 °C
Wind: 4.0 mph / 6 km/hfrom the West
Wind Gust: 7.4 mph / 11 km/h
Pressure: 30.03 in / 1016.8 hPa (Falling)
Heat Index: 77 °F / 25 °C
Visibility: 10.0 miles / 16.1 kilometers
UV: 1 out of 16
Clouds: Few 4200 ft / 1280 m
Mostly Cloudy 13000 ft / 3962 m
Mostly Cloudy 20000 ft / 6096 m

This is all West of us......Areas of rain and isolated thunderstorms will continue over the area through 8 PM mainly west of Macclenny. Other patches of light rain will continue from north of Middleburg to Hilliard.

Partly cloudy. Scattered showers and thunderstorms early in the evening...then a slight chance of showers and thunderstorms overnight. Some thunderstorms may produce gusty winds...heavy rainfall and small hail early in the evening. Low 72. Southwest winds 5 to 10 mph. Chance of rain 50%

There's a baby Brom in there!

Thumbnail by MySharona
(Zone 7a)

Sharon, the yellow flower is a marigold. And we try to make the yard welcoming to everyone! LOL

Thumbnail by kwanjin
Peterstown, WV(Zone 6a)

Helloooo! I'm back! :D We have had an awefully Hot 4 days. It's been 100° on my deck 4 days in a row. Of course the shade says 93°, which is way too hot for this time of year. I've been trying to keep the potted plants alive. I really hate to water the beds this early, but that's what I've been doing. I had to move my poor tomatoes to a more shaded spot to save them.
Dyson, I hope you didn't get that bad weather Saterday.
Sharon, Gary is in my prayers.
Sidney, Your Coleous! They could not be any prettier! :) Are you finished with work, yet?

Awesome pics, everybody!

Rann, I am impressed w/ the Viking Longhouse and do hope they rebuild.
Se_eds, Hope that you get some relief tomorrow! We got some rain this evening...sending it your way! :D
Kelli, Awesome, as always! :D I really cannot express how wonderful the walks are that you take us on...Thanks.
Kiska, That looks like a scene from a book that I've (JW) got. ;) Love it! :D

I would send you all a pic of JW in his new little pool, but I can't. His swimming trunks were too tight (12 months size), so to save a diaper he went "bare bottomed". I will tell you this....I have never heard him just sit in one spot & giggle before! :D

The answer to the trivia is...A
A severe freeze in central and northern Florida caused about $2.2 billion of damage in December 1983.

Stay Cool!
Joey

Thumbnail by music2keep
Taylor Creek, FL(Zone 10a)

Sharon I promise to get more variety in those pictures. I am truly in love with that one above and will try to keep that combination togeather.
I know JW is pure joy. I try not to covet everyone's GBs, but it's hard.
Nice little cooling rain.
Now 70.0 °F / 21.1 °C
Mostly Cloudy
Humidity: 91%
Dew Point: 67 °F / 20 °C
Wind: 0.0 mph / 0 km/h
Wind Gust: 0.0 mph / 0 km/h
Pressure: 29.91 in / 1012.8 hPa (Steady)
half full moon.
;)

Springboro, PA(Zone 5a)

Sure seems to be a lot of troubles in the world--and here on our little thread too. You're in my thoughts and prayers.

My arbor bed is now in full "late spring" bloom.

early_bloomer

Thumbnail by Early_Bloomer
Houston, TX(Zone 9a)

(Giggling at the thought of JW giggling...) ^_^

I'll be praying for Gary on Thursday, Sharon. Did he handle the visit ok?

And, yes, shortly after I turned the sprinkler off we had a thunderstorm come through and it poured. Anyone want to borrow my sprinkler? It seems to do that quite often...

Your arbor bed is gorgeous, E_B. :-)

Balotesti, Romania(Zone 5a)

Guys, what beautiful blooms!
Rann, I'm so sorry about the damage in your region. I also love the Viking construction, so cool! I hope they rebuilt it! Your girls are so beautiful, do they have your eyes? Your garden looks great!
Sharon, love the bromelia bloom! I'll keep Gary in my thoughts and prayers on Thursday.
Celia, the flowers are so beautiful, especially the pink ones!
Joey, your peonies are so beautiful! What colors do you have?How is our boy?
E_B, those foxglove are awesome!
Kiska, what a beautiful view of the pond, it's great you have both swans and ducks !
Marylyn, how is your big bunny feeling today?
Marsue, so many butterflies, they are beautiful!
It's warm here and sunny, but they forecasted rain tomorrow, we need it fo rthe garden. My daturas are blooming and balsamineas too, but they need water!
We went to buy th ereails for the curtains yesterday and a table and chairs for teh terrace, also a barbecue for the garden. I was beat last night and hardly make it home!LOL I'll post more pics later.
Hugs,
Adina

Amelia Island, FL(Zone 9a)

Joey – I’ve been moving plants to the shade as well. It’s scorching outside. I got a good giggle just thinking about JW in the pool! LOL!
Sidney – I love the coleus! They’re so pretty! Do yours wilt in the heat?
E_B – Thanks you. I’m in awe of your garden.
Marylyn – Remember the movie “Rainman”? That’s Gary before/during/after seeing a doctor. He paces and mumbles. He does ok, but did have to take ½ a pill. I used my sprinkler. Seems its connection to the skies is loose because it isn’t working!
Adina – You must post more pictures of your house!

69.8 °F / 20 °C - We haven't been below 70 in a while!
Mostly Cloudy
Humidity: 80%
Dew Point: 64 °F / 18 °C
Wind: 0.0 mph / 0 km/h
Wind Gust: 0.0 mph / 0 km/h
Pressure: 30.03 in / 1016.8 hPa (Steady)
Visibility: 10.0 miles / 16.1 kilometers
UV: 0 out of 16
Clouds: Mostly Cloudy 3600 ft / 1097 m
(Above Ground Level)

Today
Partly cloudy in the morning...then mostly cloudy with scattered showers and thunderstorms in the afternoon. High 88. South winds 5 to 10 mph. Chance of rain 50%.

Thumbnail by MySharona
Peterstown, WV(Zone 6a)

Good Morning! Well the rain certainly seemed to cool things off a little. right now the temp is 72° & the fog is burning off. I will still need to water a few plants today, but the rest are fairly well taken care of.
In Dublin...
Clear: 72°F
Feels like: 72°F
Barometer: 30.2 in
Dew point: 66°
Humidity: 83%
Visibility: 10 miles
Wind: 3 mph NNE
Sunrise: 6:01 AM
Sunset: 8:44 PM
UV Index: 1 Low

E_B, Love the garden! Beeee-uu-tiful! Pure paradise!
Marylyn, How is Joy's mouth? Back to normal, I presume! :D I have the same problem when I wash my car! All I have to do is wash it & voila! I have rain! The last time I washed it it started raining before I got finished...That's right, I washed the wheels in the rain! :D But I didn't bother w/the towel dry! ;)
Sharon, he is in my thoughts constantly....& he is on the prayer list. Many, many praying for a complete healing. Prettty! Flower! :D Love the color! Love Broms! :D To me they're very special.
Adina, Yes! Please post more pics of your house & those lovely fields! JW is 'fine as frog hair' (mighty fine). He's crawling everywhere. So I do a constant vigil. One good thing, tho. He definitely understands the meaning of 'no' & minds very well. :) But (LOL) he thinks that his stroller needs constant repairs! ;) And the Peony? I have no idea what kind it is...my cousin gave it to me when she cleaned out her flower beds 2 years ago.

Today's trivia is...
What is the name given to a supercell system that spawns multiple vortices simultaneously?
a) Flock
b) Family
c) Clutch
d) Grouping

Have a Great Day! Everybody!
Joey

Thumbnail by music2keep
(Zone 7a)

Joey, while I was reading your post, all I heard were baby giggles in my head! Such a happy sound. Sometimes I wish I had a little one in the house. Or close by to hear that sound for real. ☺ My peonies are NOT doing well. I have them in the wrong place. The former owner of our house planted them in the grass and I just let them be because I didn't know what they were until last year.

Sharon, your brom is a pretty color. The other (moss rose?) is pretty, too! That's so funny about Gary mumbling! My DH does that. He has a running monologue with himself. It's hard to tell if he's talking to me sometimes. lol

Early, all my foxgloves died. I'm very jealous! ☺

I'm going to say...B...on the trivia.

We got new carpet picked out and set up for installation! Yipee!!! The couch is all ready for delivery and we also found a coffee table and an end table we like. All the work and deliveries will be made after we get back from vacation. I'm not sure which I'm more excited for! For which I'm more excited?

I got my camera delivered yesterday. A Nikon. I've never had a camera so complicated before. Having much fun, though. My DB in Oregon got the same one so we're going to compare notes when we see each other.

48°F with only 60º today and rain. I like this weather much better than the 90s we usually have by now. I DID get sunburnt the other day, though. Staying inside today.

Feels like: 42°F

Barometer: 29.9 in
Dewpoint: 32°
Humidity: 54%
Visibility: 10 miles
Wind: 15 mph NW
Sunrise: 5:55 AM
Sunset: 8:59 PM
UV Index: 1 Low

Monty is thrilled.

Thumbnail by kwanjin
(Zone 5a)

Good morning/afternoon! :-)

It's a beautiful sunny day here today, bit of a cool breeze and about 58°F. The pool was very busy today, felt quite warm for swimming.

Sharon - Gary is in my thoughts too. Hope tomorrow's surgery won't be too hard on him. I don't know if the springs will refill - I sure hope so though, they looked much prettier with water in them. I guess only time will tell ......

Celia - we have similar temps today :-) Except here it's sunny ;-)

Joey - sounds like JW is keeping you busy ;-) lol Neat bug! :-)

Adina - thanks - you be the judge reg. the eyes ;-)

The garden club here had a plant swap about two weeks ago and much to my annoyment I was among those interviewed and photographed (I prefer to go unnoticed ......) Anyway it was in Friday's paper and the photo isn't as bad as I'd anticipated so here goes ......

Hope you all have a great day!

Rann

Thumbnail by rannveig
(Zone 7a)

That's a great picture of you! Your girls look just like you. LOL

Isabella, MO(Zone 6b)

Rann: I agree with Celia. I see your sweet countenance in the faces of your girls. You hardly look old enough to have children!
Sidney: I love the coleus!
Sharon, I found the baby brom in your photo! Love the shade of red on that flower in your last photo. We'll be remembering Gary and your entire family in prayer as he undergoes surgery tomorrow.
Joey: your story about JW giggling made me laugh. What a sweetheart he is! Guessing D on the trivia. What a neat photo of the "bug".
EB: love that arbor bed--simply beautiful!
Celia: How exciting about your new furniture! "For which I'm more excited?" is grammatically correct but none of us really talk that way, do we? LOL Monty has such a hard life! Poor thing--LOL! Have a great time on your vacation and take lots of pictures of the beach. Wish I could stowaway in the trunk of your car!

My best friend is having a radical mastectomy for breast cancer on Friday. Her name is Janie and she is single and she is raising her 13 yr. old granddaughter alone. The Lord knows that Janie needs to live to raise her granddaughter. Please remember them in your prayers, too.
Janie's granddaughter will be staying with us while Janie is in the hospital and possibly for a few days after Janie goes home. My DGD and Janie's DGD have known each other since they were babies and my
DGD will be spending some time at our house during this period, too.
Janie's sister and mother are available to take care of Janie while she is recuperating.
Today:
Mostly Sunny
High 90°F
Precip 20%
Wind: S 9 mph
Max. Humidity: 57%
UV Index: 10 Very High
Sunrise: 5:54 AM CT
Sunset: 8:22 PM CT
Avg. High: 86°F
Record High: 100°F (1977)
Tonight:
Partly Cloudy
Overnight Low 73°F
Precip 10%
Wind: SSE 8 mph
Max. Humidity: 74%
Avg. Low: 65°F
Record Low: 46°F (1988)

A somewhat fuzzy photo of my African Violet.

Thumbnail by marsue
Fritch, TX(Zone 6b)

you look great Rann, before i read your text, i thought the photo was one of your girls...

Fritch, TX(Zone 6b)

well, here we go again...

Quoting:
Hi 101 F
Lo 66 F Triple digit heat will make its return across the Panhandles this afternoon as winds increase from the southwest 25-35mph...and gust upwards of 50mph! Needless to say watch out for blowing dirt, tie down that lawn furniture, and be mindful of the elevated fire danger. A Red Flag Warning is in effect for the central and western Panhandles from 11am-10pm. Also an isolated thunderstorm or two my spark up in our eastern counties along the dryline later on this afternoon.

Currently in Amarillo
90F (Feels like 88F) Sunrise: 06:32
Sunset: 21:01
Humidity: 28%
Visibility: 10.0 m

Partly Cloudy
Wind: SSW24gusting to 32 mph
Barometer: 29.74

headed out to the pool before the temps climb and the wind gets worse!
tf

Houston, TX(Zone 9a)

And on the southeast side of the state (insulated by the Gulf from the nasty temperature extremes that TF gets in the far north) ...

Quoting:
Mostly cloudy early in the morning then becoming partly cloudy. Highs in the mid 90s. South winds 10 to 15 mph.

All in all, I'd rather live here. :-)

Rann, you're beautiful!!! The girls definitely get their smiles from you. ^_^

Joey, Joy is completely back to normal. We just have to be a little careful when we're brushing her teeth, not to bump the stitches. We go back to the doctor's office on Friday for a follow-up. :-) Since "scary" isn't an option, I'll pick C.

I'm praying for Janie and the entire family, marsue.

Celia, LOL... Monty's thrilled, huh? How can you tell? He does seem to be enjoying the sax music...

Observation for Houston, TX (KSGR) as of 12:53pm CDT (23 min ago)
Temperature 92 °F 33 °C
Dew Point 69 °F 21 °C
Humidity 47%
Pressure 29.96 in 1014.4 mb
Wind Speed 13 MPH
G 23 11 kts
G 20
Wind Dir S 180°
Ceiling Unlimited Unlimited
Visibility 10 mi 16.1 km
Heat Index 98 °F 37 °C
Current Conditions Clear
6 hour min temperature ending 12:53pm CDT : 75.0°F / 23.9°C
6 hour max temperature ending 12:53pm CDT : 93.0°F / 33.9°C

L.A. (Canoga Park), CA(Zone 10a)

Tamara, I read your weather report and thought, "Blahhh".

It was really noisy here this morning. They were cutting trees or bushes at one of the houses behind us. It might be the woman behind us having her oleanders cut to the ground. She has this done at least once a year. I have no idea why.

Van Nuys, California (Airport)
Updated: 11:51 AM PDT on June 11, 2008
76 °F / 24 °C
Clear
Humidity: 45%
Dew Point: 53 °F / 12 °C
Wind: Calm

A couple more pictures from Saturday and then I'll be done.
a small creek

Thumbnail by Kelli

the beautiful symmetry of Yucca whipplei ssp. parishii

Thumbnail by Kelli

This forest is probably more open than that with which most of you are familiar.

Thumbnail by Kelli

some more scenery

Thumbnail by Kelli

Rann, you sure look like their older sister, LOL...same eyes , same face, wow, amasing !
OK, if you insist, I'm going to post more pics of the house !LOL
Today they were working at the alleys arround the house. Tomorrow they're going to pour concrete.
Adina

Thumbnail by adinamiti

The house as it looked today.

Thumbnail by adinamiti

The workers have been doing the support for the fence, so they could pour concrete inside. Here they were working and the cable guy was installing the dish.

Thumbnail by adinamiti

Now we have cable, yeaaahhh!

Thumbnail by adinamiti

And a TV, which we brought especially for the boys to watch the soccer games. The European Football(soccer) Championship has begun and Romania team is playing too.

Thumbnail by adinamiti

We also have doors and fixtures.

Thumbnail by adinamiti

The doggies found some shadow.

Thumbnail by adinamiti

Our bathroom , almost ready.

Thumbnail by adinamiti

Lights in our bedroom.

Thumbnail by adinamiti

Lights on the hall downstairs and the stairs.

Thumbnail by adinamiti

Lights on the stairs.

Thumbnail by adinamiti

Your place looks great! I like the tile in the bathroom.

Livingroom.

Thumbnail by adinamiti

Thanks, Kelli ! This is another bathroom.

Thumbnail by adinamiti

And the other one.

Thumbnail by adinamiti
Isabella, MO(Zone 6b)

Very nice pictures from your hike on Saturday, Kelli. The yucca is nicely symmetrical but I wouldn't want to fall into it! LOL
Adina, the house is really looking good. I love the tile in all of your bathrooms as well as your light fixtures. Very nice. Glad the doggies found some shade! and of course, the modern conveniences (such as the TV dish) are very important--not to mention the bathrooms! LOL
TF: I'm sorry about the triple-digit heat in your area. Maybe you will get some relief soon.
Marylyn: glad that Joy is doing so well. Thanks for the prayers for Janie.

Currently lots of sunshine and 89º.

Fritch, TX(Zone 6b)

great pictures everyone!

kelli, i second that: "Blahhh"!!

already to 100 headed to 104... and there have been fires... gald we got that swim in early so we can hide in the house. i hope the chickens are hiding in theirs. took them our watermelon rinds and some icecream... Orion got his first swim in the big pool, of course i am holding him, so no pictures, DH was busy chopping wood before it got too hot. gotta fill that woodshed he just built. i hung out one load of laundry, and half was dry before i finished!

"Great news...the record heat from today will give way to more tolerable weather tomorrow with daytime highs falling back into the upper 80s and low 90s....with less wind!! Now, other than a slight chance for a storm in our eastern counties tonight....Saturday evening looks to be the next best chance for rain as a few thunderstorms roll in from the mountains late.
Currently in Amarillo
100F (Feels like 94F) Sunrise: 06:32
Sunset: 21:01
Humidity: 10%
Visibility: 1.50 m

Partly Cloudy
Wind: SW37gusting to 45 mph
Barometer: 29.65 "

yeah, that makes me feel so much better LOL...

Fritch, TX(Zone 6b)

Kelli, i dont' know which was prettier, the yucca or the stream,. but my feet longed for that cool stream! i played in ones like that as an adolescent... and our wild yucca aren't nearly so beautiful here!!!

Adina, that house is coming along, you must be so excited! nice of you to provide the guys with a TV. looks like the houses on your block are all about ready... the blue grout in that last bathroom is nice! my fav is the daisy stencil in the first though...

Marylyn, not fiar to be cooler in Houston!

marilyn, hope you are taking advantage of your fair weather, certainly this heat is headed your way. wish your rainfall would ocme this way!

tf

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.