Whats Blooming outside your door part 3

Poulsbo, WA(Zone 8a)

We came from here http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/842983/#new

I can't stand it any longer, takes forever to load.
Love ya all

Poulsbo, WA(Zone 8a)

Ponderosa Pine and my JM of many colors.

Thumbnail by tillysrat
Buckeye, AZ(Zone 9a)

Thanks tills, that is why I did my thread...it was way to long!
Love that picture!

Poulsbo, WA(Zone 8a)

I know, after have all the issues with my system it was just to much.
Both of those, where little twigs I bought from someone selling the on the side of the road, DH and I where having a outting on the Goldwing
20 years ago, they came home in the side saddle, also with them where 5 others. will take some pics.

Buckeye, AZ(Zone 9a)

Tills do you have vine maple on your property? I have always wanted a young one... Oh and do you have any BIG pots to bring with you on the 16th?

Here is my favorite JM Villa Taranto I have 4 varieties and just love all Maples

Thumbnail by cocoajuno
Poulsbo, WA(Zone 8a)

You mean this one?

Thumbnail by tillysrat
Buckeye, AZ(Zone 9a)

That is gorgeous, vine maple are the ones that grow (usually) in wooded areas and twine there way around seeking the sun. They have some of the best fall color!

Poulsbo, WA(Zone 8a)

I can't remember what mine is, I do know that when I got it, it was a toss out, when I work at Ernst, (many moons ago) price tag on it was $75. they thought it was dead, Dumb new Calif. manager had no clue, it was dormat, so he said toss it, I said I will give you 5 bucks for it, he said take it. got all lot of plants from this dummy. as so for the ones next to it. Some people just don't get it LOL

Buckeye, AZ(Zone 9a)

Which Ernst were you at? That was the best store...until Lowes took them over...

Poulsbo, WA(Zone 8a)

The one in Bremerton, was there for 5 years the nursery sale Mang.
1984 to 1989 they closed in 1990

Buckeye, AZ(Zone 9a)

Tills, They carried the best stuff....I am going to go get the coffee ready for the morning and head on to bed...talk to you tomorrow....

Poulsbo, WA(Zone 8a)

Me to, has been a long day for me.
Nite Nite
Hugs

Poulsbo, WA(Zone 8a)

Carla, how big? have lots of Gal. size.

Love this combo.

Taz justs pops out of the green sea.
Can't wait for Annies Daylillies to bloom in there.

Thumbnail by tillysrat
Buckeye, AZ(Zone 9a)

A few of those would be great, you will be taking them home full....but if you have bigger, those dahlias could use them...or we can always use trash bags I guess, it not like you are going across country...lol

Here is my only bloom today...lol is it bright enough?

Thumbnail by cocoajuno
Poulsbo, WA(Zone 8a)

What size would be best, see what we have at work, And I have some 5 gal, fancy ones too.

Whatca making, looks neat.

Buckeye, AZ(Zone 9a)

That is the windmill blades...lol can you tell I grew up in the 70's...lol You could put them in your fancy pots, until you dig a hole to bury them, I would say the bottom of the pot should be about 12" or more across, I will take a picture of the pot the one is in that is going to your house...a tree came in it!

Poulsbo, WA(Zone 8a)

Do I have to bring a moving van too? LOL
how many that big? I also have a big blue tub.

Thats going to look great.

The wind is whipping through here like crazy, hope I keep power.

This one got messed up from the rain, like the color.

Thumbnail by tillysrat
Snohomish, WA

I actually have some flowers! Ismene, Peruvian lily.

Thumbnail by NWGordon
Snohomish, WA

Very colorful iris. Can't remember which this one is.

Thumbnail by NWGordon
Snohomish, WA

Mt torch lily. It took alot of patients for this, over a year waiting,but it looks real nice now.

Thumbnail by NWGordon
Buckeye, AZ(Zone 9a)

LOL, if you have one....4 or 5 BIG pots so far...lol

Buckeye, AZ(Zone 9a)

Great flowers Gordon! Love the peruvian dafodill, I grow that every year too!

Love the torch lily and the iris. I have one that looks similar that is trying to bloom. I don't know the name of that one, either. Here are some iris from today.

Thumbnail by

I love this climbing rose. It's called 'Collette'.

Thumbnail by

Here's the planter I did for my little workshop, which I have not worked in for months. I got the metal unit at goodwill for about 1.00 and spray painted it. I think someone had used it for a wedding. Then I got the cocoa fiber and lined it.

Thumbnail by

Here's a verbascum I am really liking this year. It's 'Caribbean Crush'. It's starting to make a nice stand.

Thumbnail by
southern willamette , OR(Zone 7a)

I love that red iris Pixy.

Poulsbo, WA(Zone 8a)

Thats really cool, Pix.

Thanks, I love them, too. They came from my sister by way of her mother in law, who, I believe got them from Shreiner's and that's all I know! LOL! I thought I had lost them when I couldn't find them in the backyard this year. Turns out I moved them up front and mixed them with the noid bicolor reds. I must have got a wild hair. Wouldn't be the first time.

Here's my new favorite orange flower. It's Mimulus aurantiacus 'Jeff's Tangerine'.. I got it at Cistus Nursery in Oregon and I am in love with the flower shape and color. I had no idea it was so cool when I bought it.

Thumbnail by

Wow, that's really interesting looking. It doesn't look like it should be hardy in the PNW. Is it hardy in zone 7 too? That would be really cool. Those wild hairs can lead to some really good ideas.

Woodinville, WA(Zone 8b)

Try it with cotinus coggygria 'Grace'. I'm finding if you put orange with it, the orange in the smoke bush comes out. A little carex buchananii and i'm in Heaven!! Need to find some orange euphorbia . . .

huh, that's a really good Idea! Once I get caught up on mylist of things to get done before planting anymore, I'll have to see if I can work that combination in somewhere.

Poulsbo, WA

Such great ideas. I may need you all to come to my place and dig everything up
and plant it together better.
Carla, I have quite a few vine maples. I could deliver some to Mary, then she to you.

Woodinville, WA(Zone 8b)

Kathryn -

I'm only talking about pots. My smoke bush is very small, so I'll treat it like a perennial in a pot this year and then figure out what to do with it long term. Same with my physocarpus 'Coppertina'. It's a great plant with the sedge and the orange dahlias and geum, but it will be way to big for a planter.

1/2 of what we do is moving what seemed like a good idea yesterday, isn't it?

Buckeye, AZ(Zone 9a)

Oh Kathryn,

I would love a Vine Maple thanks so much! Mary is coming June 16th if you could get one to her. I am excited about her visit, I would be excited to also receive a Vine Maple, they have some of the best fall color and grow rampant here but it is hard to find someone who has it. Usually it is ripped out to make room for other stuff.

Thanks,
Carla

Buckeye, AZ(Zone 9a)

Pixy,
Great pictures, love the planter...A rose in WA with no fungus, how do you do it?

Poulsbo, WA

Katie59, I picked up a couple of orange euphorbias at Heidi's.
I wasn't a fan of the color orange in the past, but now I am loving it!

Carla, I will drive over a few that I think are probably vine maples,
although some of them might turn out to be coral bark.
It is hard to tell when they are young.

Buckeye, AZ(Zone 9a)

Kathryn,
LOL Coral Bark are great too actually better! I love all maples but have really wanted a Vine Maple because they grow so freely here and I always thought it a waste that so many tear them out without thinking twice about the beauty of them.
Thanks so much!

Issaquah, WA(Zone 7a)

(Hanging head in shame because I loathe vine maples and kill them at will.) They are so messy and get in my way in the woods. And, if you try to kill them, they survive. Pesty, but beautiful in Fall, yes. Our best autumn color is afforded by this culprit.

Carla, when we meet for the "Pooh" exchange, I'd be happy to dig some vine maple up and package them for Harley travel! Wouldn't that be a sight? Just say the word...

Buckeye, AZ(Zone 9a)

LOL Annie, we would probably get pulled over by the 1st Hwy Patrol who saw us...just because we were on a Harley. The tree would just give them a reason...haha

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.