Am I in the right place?

Pipersville, PA(Zone 6b)

Hi there! I can't figure out if I'm NorthEast or Mid-Atlantic. . . I'm in beautiful Bucks County, PA, about an hour north of Philadelphia.

Am wondering if there'd be any interest in getting a plant swap RoundUp together in this area?? I haave a great property and might be able to host such an event, if there is an interest.

I guess first I should find out if I'm in the right group, right?

Namaste- Suz

Metro DC, MD(Zone 7a)

Hi Suz'! Of course you are in the right place! =)

Actually, I would suggest that both forums are applicable to you and I'd highly encourage you to check them both out. GREAT people on both, for sure!

Have fun, and Welcome!

Anne Arundel,, MD(Zone 7b)

Welcome Suzan-Is it 100 degreees there today? then yeah you're MidAtlantic LOL

Metro DC, MD(Zone 7a)

PS ... I'll bet that you'll get lots of interest in a swap!!!

I was up your way last Fall. Very pretty area, indeed!

central, NJ(Zone 6b)

Hey Suz I'm real close to you on the other side of the river, East of Trenton. I frequent both forums. Great bunch of people on both.
You're def close enough for me to attend that RU. Maybe there can be a combined RU?? There are a couple others from NJ that just post on Northeast forum but would be close enough to attend a RU at your place.

Baltimore, MD(Zone 7a)

Greetings Suz!

I love Bucks County.

I grew up going to camps at Deer Park, and I've been in endless morning that Goodnoe's closed. Hubby and I ate an Atomic together one time!

Welcome, welcome. You're in the right place!

Blessings on your garden,
Elf

Norristown, PA(Zone 6b)

Hi Suzan, Pipersville is such a nice town. I love the Inn there. Mary

Near Lake Erie, NW, PA(Zone 5a)

Hi Suz, I found a home here and I'm stretching the Mid-Atlantic pretty far. I'm in Erie County. I won't be able to attend a Swap to far away, but the folks here let me chime anytime I want. LOL
A group of us toured Longwood gardens in May, we had a lovely time. I'm sure we will try to do it again sometime.
Welcome!
Chris

Pipersville, PA(Zone 6b)

OK! Thanks for the hearty welcome!

So, being quite new at this site (but LOVING it!), I have no idea how to go about creating/organizing a swap/roundup . . . can any of you help me with that? It'd be a fun way to meet other gardening fanatics (:-) and hopefully generate some great swaps.

I live on 6 acres, and I'm adjacent to a Hotel/Bar/Restaurant and parking lots, so I think it'd be a good spot.

So happy the heat wave is over, at least for now. What a great thunder storm!

Namaste- Suzan

Norristown, PA(Zone 6b)

Hi Suzan, I read in the Mid Atlantic Roll Call thread that user, Critterologist organized 2 in MD. this year. Maybe she can give you some guidance. I can lend some labor, but have never done one. Also, user, HollyAnn out by Harrisburg is planning one for next spring. Have you read your Dmail? Mary

Pipersville, PA(Zone 6b)

Stormyla- Yes, I've read my DMail, why? There's nothing there re: a roundup/swap. Am I missing something?

I looked for it but can't figure out what the 'Roll Call' is, or where to find it- any clues?

Thanks. Suzan

Norristown, PA(Zone 6b)

Hi Suzann, i sent you a Dmail but got no reply. Not important.

Go to forums.

Go to Midatlantic gardening.

7 or 8 threads down is MidAtlantic roll call.

Lots of really nice folks there who will help guide you through a swap. Mary

Lexington, VA(Zone 6a)

A little late, but wanted to welcome you Suzan! In case you haven't found the thread yet - here you go :) http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/799678/#new Feel free to join in and tell us more about your gardens!

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.