CLOSED: Mixed Seed Nuts June 8 to ??

(AnnaRuth) Danville, VA(Zone 7a)

Hey Lorraine, glad you're back with us...please don't overdo....Tetley, the job is just great....but it does put a damper on my gardening....plus it's so hot! Gosh, I'm hoping for rain tonight. My little plants are looking a little green around the gills...Do any of you gals grow lavender? Out of all my seeds, I got one plant.... don't know if its me or the seed, but I'm hooked on it...Joey, my seeds finally went out today. Yay!!! I'm always the horses rear end...No one wants to tell me how cute my little frog guy is?? I thought he was quite handsome. I checked before I came to work, but he's moved on....probably to some cooler place....
Guys, I think my garden will be less than grandiose (sp) this year, but I have certainly learned a lot for next year....also I plan to give WS a try this year....
well, just wanted to say hi. The leaves did not go out today. I was lucky to get the seeds out. I don't think anyone said if they wanted me to root it or send it bare butt and let you root it...If you guys would let me know, I'd like to get them out by Thursday...
Have a great night, guys..
ar
Sunny, I don't suppose there's a chance that yours ever came is there?
Lorraine, I tried to call you 3 times yesterday!! I was really worried.

Joey in Conroe, TX(Zone 8b)

I'm sorry Gin your froffie is quite handsome! I saw a big fat toad hopping around my fresh laid mulch last night. It's near the front porch so lots of bugs I guess. I didn't see my clutzy tree frog last night, I hope he is all right!
I'

Hey everybody, Take a look!I stumbled across this thread! I thought some of you might want to play, Let's give Staynot a great tour of the good old USA!

http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/859125/#new

(Becky) in Sebastian, FL(Zone 10a)

Lorraine - YAY! I am so glad you popped on here brief so that we know you are alive! I hope and pray you are on the fast road to recovery! {{{hugs}}}

Melissa - Congrats on your strawberry crop! Whoo Hoo! Strawberry shortcake for sure!! Don't forget the whipped cream! :-) Wally World and WalMart are one and the same. I call it that because of the National Lampoon movie. LOL!

Anna Ruth - Your frog is a nice looking froffie! I enjoy all the photos. but don't always remember to post a comment about them. I know what you mean about not having much time for gardening when you are working so much. I decided to work summer school this summer, so my gardens will surely suffer because of my work schedule. You can just send me a leaf. I will root it once I get it. Thank you again for sharing! :-)

Phyl - I work with disabled Pre-K. I have some hearing loss because of some of the student's screaming. Somedays it's very challenging. I actually know a teacher that moved out of her school zone because she didn't want to be stopped constantly by her students in the stores, parks, etc. When your with these children all day, you don't want to be with them on your only 2 days off a week.

Joey - Your little Zeke sounds like he's exhausting! LOL! I was worn out after reading about his antics! Sounds like you hit the Mother Lode at the recycling center. What books did you get?

Most of what I got was fantasy type books. You know dragons, Elves and Faeries. My neighbor and I like those a lot. Also picked up about 50 young reader books, Encyclopedia Brown, Nancy Drew, Hardy Boys, and other titles like that. My neighbor's daughter is 10 and there are lots of kids on our street, so I figure I would just turn them loose in the box and see what they like. I also got some romance novels. My Ex MIL lived in some Apartments that you have to be over 65 to live there and those ladies just love romance novels, so I'm going to drop a box of them off in their rec room.
I know there was more there, I wish I could have gotten more. I hate to see books destroyed. We counted up what I did get...134 books! SCORE!!!!

Columbia, MO(Zone 5b)

Wow JoJo very cool! I will have to find out where the recycling center is here. There are those huge bins for various things all of the place. I sure would like to get some nice colored bottles. I have some small rock tumblers and would like to make frosted glass.

Wow I was just wondering what to do with my green glass bottles. Our recycle center won't take green glass and my DH drinks a case of Pelligrino a month. Maybe I'll look into getting one of those.

Columbia, MO(Zone 5b)

You really should. Just break the bottles into managable peices and toss them into the tumbler with a little of the course builders sand. After 5-7 days they come out nice and smooth with a frosty finish. They are great to root ivy in or just for decoration. What I would like to do is eventually build a concrete garden seat and mix them in the cement as I pour the seat. I think that would look nice that way and my various body parts would be safe from being shredded on broken glass.

Columbia, MO(Zone 5b)

Anyone know where the aprons are??

Thats a good idea about the bench. Hmmm no, forgot about the aprons.....

Cumberland Mtns, TN(Zone 6b)

Tetley, I mailed the aprons to Susan on the 5th. (Greensboro, NC)

You did a very good job on your 'signature' =) . i was impressed

Gin, Are the leafs hard to start? (hint hint) ;)

lavender was one of the first seeds that I tried to sow this year. its my favorite plant as far as fragrance. I only had 6 or 7 lil plants come up but i'm not sure that it's lavender because I mixed up the trays when I moved them to a sunnier place. I am about to try to direct sow them in the ground...this last pack that I picked up said to plant them in rows so thats what i'm planning on trying. I went to a local fresh veggie store that sells plants and picked up a nice, healthy lavender plant to buy, but when I checked out, I left the lavender. maybe my Dad will get it for me when he picks up the bambo poles for our gardens tomorrow

Joey....I mailed my seeds today too. does AnnaRuth and I both get a prize? =P Next time we trade seeds I'll know how many to order. remember....Melissa said ya'll wouldnt think i was cheap. LOL just dumb

I think the gnome thing would be cute. we could take him with us during the two weeks and post pics of him all over...the grocery....the post office, lol. he'd really get around

I better get outta this chair. sweet dreams all

Santee, CA(Zone 9a)

Howdy Nuts!!

Anna Ruth- oh my, I thought I said something about your froffie :o( I'm sorry, of course he was a cutey putey. I don't get cute little critters in my parts, only coyotes...ugh. I don't know what to do with the leaf, can you help me out ;o)

Joey- You scored!! I would love to find a bunch of books like that. Christopher just got a library card cause he reads so much. Love Zekes shirt!! Can totally picture that too.

Becky- Got your seed packet today!! Whoo Hooo :o) Thank you thank you thank you

Been quite the day today, got another box of bulbs... that makes 2 fedex deliveries in one day, where's Lorraine so she can yell at me :o) I haven't even gotten through where I'm gonna put these ones. I just checked to make sure they were ingood condition, don't even know what I really ordered...oops Look likes more bushes are gonna be ripped out.... hee hee hee good thing my DH is home the next 2 days.

(AnjL) Fremont, CA(Zone 9b)

gosh! you all have been busy! LOL! I havent had a chance to read thru and catch up yet! been sorting and packing and postaging 842 pair of gloves! lol!

as for Keith, he is almost 21...so legally they cant and wont tell me anything! UGH!
Also, I wont visit him in jail... neither his dad or I want to encourage negative behavior...and thats what he is looking for... so hopefully, if he's sitting there sober for a month...he'll get some clarity and realize that if this IS the path that he is going to go down...he will go down it completely alone. (tough love stuff?!) so we are all just praying really hard that he makes some wise decisions in the very near future.

sunny! I have two more polywogs that have hind feet! yippee! hopefully I'll have a chorus of froggies soon...do they ribbit in the summer?

okay... I read all the posts... but now I cant even remember them all! I am soooo tired! lol!
I did see your froggie/toad Anna! I love froggies! he is soo cute, and my lips are sealed regarding that question you hinted at! tee hee hee!

Joey, you seriously need to write a book on 'surviving the toddler years"! plese keep up the zeke stories! I love hearing them, reminds me of my Kody when he was little! lol!

Becky ((hugs)) to you for the work you do... it takes a special kind of person to deal with pre K, and pre K that are challenged... wow! I am amazed! you must have an unending supply of patience :o)

Lorraine! did you go to the Dr?! how are you? why dont you answer your phone!? how dare you worry my like this! lol! Shipping your box to you tomorrow!

Lissa... cant wait for the lissa callas! LOL! I am sure mom will love em ~ and I may just have to keep one of each here...in case she kills hers, I can divide and replant hers next year right?! LOL!

okay all... off to sleep...if you ordered gloves...they are all being shipped in the AM :o)
AnjL

Good for you with the tough love Anjl. Hand in there. It's so hard to think of your child suffering, but I think we almost don't let them suffer enough now days. Lessons sometimes have to hurt (LOL just ask Zeke).

Oh Hey! Did naybody else order from Brent and Becky's? Mine came in the other day and I was amazed at the size of them! The crinum bulbs were huge!! What a deal!

Sonoita, AZ(Zone 8a)

Joey - The seeds went out yesterday.
I am driving my self crazy, beyonf my usuall condition, trying to figure out the bush my friend has blooming in her yard. She says it's a lavender, but it is about 4' in diameter, lavender like leaves, but each stem has 2 bulbous flowers on the end seperated by about 1 -2". I'm going over there to water for hewr this AM and will take a pic. Maybe one of you will recognize the bush. I have never seen lavender this big.

Yay I'm glad to hear the seeds are on their way! There are a few swappers that I havent heard from yet. One I saw on another thread where she was going out of town for 2 weeks. Don't know if she will make it back in time, but keeping my fingers crossed.

I'm having a serious case of the lazies today. Can't seem to get myself motivated LOL, maybe I need it been doing a lot of projects lately. But can't rest too easy with Zeke on the loose!

Sonoita, AZ(Zone 8a)

Yesterday I gathered cattle in 100 degree weather for 6 hours. Man I was dragging. The stockmans wife watches Aspen when I help out. So I get her after the ride and can barely speak or move. She is all chipper and ready for action. I dreamed of installing an off button so I could just go to bed, or stare off into space un interupted. No such luck. My second wind came in about when she was winding down. Timing....

Santee, CA(Zone 9a)

Hello Nuts!!!

AnjL- yes, please keep one of each for yourself :o) I was hoping that you would, thats why I sent 2 of each ;o)

Joey- I got my order from B&Bbulbs on Saturday, I too was amazed at how big they all were. Will be spending most if not all of the day in the garden. DH has a few bushes to dig out for me, so I can get all tese bulbs and plants in the ground. Three orders came since Sat, B&Bbulbs, Wayside and Gurneys. I have more stuff than I can plant.!!!LOL!!!

Gilmer, TX(Zone 8a)

I wanna know ehere the soup is, where the flowers are, where the sad faces are. Here I am at the door of death!!! I'm feeling much better today, but still just can't stay up long. I don't get sick much, but when I do I try to make it last a while. I can't stand to not be able to get up and move.

I'm sorry I didn' t get to the phone. I was at hospital Saturday aft. but after that, I just couldn't get to it. My back decided in the middle of all this it would give out too.!!!! Wish I'd gotten it, would hve been nice to hear a friendly voice.!!

Oh and Jojo, I must have really been vwird, casue I don't remember writing the 2 year old thing.!! Must be telepathy!!! He must have been in trouble and told me. Kind of like Kaleb and his Angel

Oh and by the way. Being sick doesn't make me like frogs any better

LOL what if we put them in the soup!!
I'm so glad to see you back! Stay rested and give yourself time to heal. You know frog soup is supposed to be really good for this kind of thing.... ^_^

Gilmer, TX

Well, I see Lorraine beat me to the post. Went up to see her today and she is better, but not much. You know if she isn't in the garden or on the computer, she is sick. I gave her a stern warning not to try and overdo, so she better follow Dr. Word's advice. If not, she may not feel like going to the East Texas RU and that would be a terrible thing to miss. Did you hear that Lorraine?

Gilmer, TX(Zone 8a)

Yeah Yeah Yeah, goin back to bed.!!!!

howdeeee...its me...maxine =) i'm not so crabby today=)

Becky, I watch a 3yr with fetal alcohol syndrome, in fact he was with me that day and he has always been better behaved than this lil girl. and usually kids crying doesnt bother me, i just say 'somebody's not happy' and ignore them. but...it was one of those days. no sleep, then it was hotter than heck and I'd been running errands, in and out of the air conditioning.

I got to work in the yard all morning. YAY then right before it was time to come into the house for lunch, i hyper (hypo) extended my good knee, bending from the waist - down a hill. it's NOT much fun. then if that wasnt enough, i twisted it when I was showing my dad something in the yard, AND then just know, my house slipper got caught on the rug in front of my sink and i went flying. i'm gonna see if the brace they gave me for my torn meniscus will work on that leg and give it a break from all this stumbling i'm doing.
I need to learn to walk again, I think. sheeese

Lorraine...just grin and nod.....and do everything we all tell you to do =) have your daughter pick up some egg drop soup at the local chinese restaurant, extra crispies, and a big bottle of ginger ale, and drink, drink, drink. flush the bad germies outta your system. i think that chinese soup has more vitamins than mom's chicken soup, lol

I got my Garden Gate today!!!!!!! there was something about a Frog House. heh i thought Lorraine would LOVEEE one of those ;) i skimmed thru it, i gotta go back and read every word now

anywho.... i can't sit for long. well, i can sit, its just standing up or sitting down that hurts the worst. i'm glad I got my seeds mailed. now i just gotta mail something to Pat =)

oh... i read 'gloves'....i'm happy now.

take care, all
phyllis

Hi All!

geez... I just got back from the post office...what a nightmare! took them 45 minutes to scan 27 envies and charge the postage on them! It is now my personal goal to do ALL of my postage stuff on line and put those grumbling postal workers out of a job! they actually resented the fact that I was there...course I did have close to 100 packages, but most of them were all ready and I was just dropping them off! I only had to do postage on 27 of them! maybe I should use fedex or UPS to ship stuff from now on! LOL!

Melissa! i got your bulbs already! that was FAST!I also got my B&B order yesterday...so lots of bulbs to plant b4 I leave for moms next week! and thank you soooo much for the card!! ((hugs)) you are soooo sweet!

Lorraine... stay in bed! get better! cause I just sent you a big ole box and you'll have to build those birdie houses when they arrive!! LOL! I couldnt find the paints to put in there...so when I find them I'll mail those to you too! Kiss those babies for me :o)

has anyone heard from susan? did she receive the aprons yet? do we have a tracking number on the package? oh, and what did it cost to mail them? I'm just curious... shouldnt be that much ... I just sent that huge heavy box to lorraine and it was only $15....

k, off to go check on my polywog...soon to be froggie! LOL!

Gilmer, TX(Zone 8a)

First, in order to get the soup, she'd have to check on me to see if I died during the night or not. Oh me, oh my, can I have a pity party when I'm sick. "What you mean you can go to 6 flags when your poor mom is on the brink of death?" lol
You best sit still for a bit Phyl, sounds like this is bad luck day for you.!!! Isn't that funny, how that little snowball turns into a mountain really quick. lol

I haven't been through to read everything, just skimming, so I'll go bck now and find out what the "desperate gardeners" are doing now!!!

lol! i love it... 'desparate gardeners!'

Lorraine - Glad to see ya posting. I hope you are feeling much better by the weekend. Just get lots of rest and eat some chicken noodle soup!

Phy - Fetal Alcohol is so sad because it is avoidable. It was my first day with all the students today. Went okay ... but that was only because we had a volunteer assistant come out and help us today. We have 7 children (pre-k and K-1). We have one child in a wheelchair and one child who just learned to walk and still needs assistance. She is also partially blind and has behavioral issues as well. 6 boys and 1 girl. The girl is the most challenging. She is also the one we have to watch because she will try to hurt the other children and us. She does the clawing with her nails, headbutting, kicking, grabbing, pulling hair, etc. The volunteer who came actually works with her during the school year as an employee at this child's school. So she was giving me warnings about what to be careful of. So I was taking mental notes. I have worked with all kinds of students with varying disabilities. But this is the first time only myself and one teacher are responsible for 7 severe children. We HAVE to have another assistant in the class. There is NO WAY we can handle 7 with just us 2 adults. It is crazy ... budget cuts ... ya know. The kids were pretty good today being the first day and being the honeymoon phase. The other adults were saying by next week we'd see the true student's personalities ... but I think by this Friday, we will see how they really are. Should be interesting! I get along well with all the kids. Being so young, they really want attention, so I try to give them attention for their good behavior. The cutest child is a little 3 year old boy who has Down Syndrome. Oh my gosh... He is adorable!!! Little fella with a BIG smile. I could just eat that little one up he's so adorable! He seems to have gotten attached to me and I am NOT complaining one bit. Such a doll baby! Some of the other boys were sweet too. It's going to be very interesting to see how 2 adults can do this! LOL! And the teacher is only working 3 weeks, then I get a new teacher for the other 3 weeks. Consistency and stability are factors necessary for success ... so I am wondering how the kids are going to do with 2 teachers they don't know in a 6 week period. (sheesh!) Oh and here's the kicker, neither teacher is certified in ESE to my knowledge. One is a PE teacher and the other works at the High School. Did I step into this ... or what???!! I need the money, so ya gotta do what ya gotta do sometimes! We did get a good classroom to use, a fenced in accessible playground, appropriate toys, and computers! Soooo ... we may be able to make this work easier than I am expecting. Got my fingers crossed. If I don't post very much over the next 5 1/2 weeks, I'm probably exhausted after work. (No kidding!!)

Anyhoo ... I got some bulbs from Brent and Becky's too. Good sized ones as well. I hope to get out into my garden this weekend to get them planted up! Whoo hoo! I love new plants!

ANNNNNDDDD ...Melissa's seeds and little package of goodies arrived! THANK YOU SO MUCH! What a sweet package she put together for me! It put a smile on my face today!

Oh! I didn't tell you what happened. I showed up at school yesterday and went back out to get some stuff for our class out of my car and there was water all underneath my van. So I had to get the teacher to follow me to a auto garage. Sure enough ... radiator is shot. So more money out of my pocket before I've even earned it! So ... I hope this week gets better! (sigh)

Hope everyone is doing well! Hnag in there! Life is short!

Gilmer, TX(Zone 8a)

You know you can't be allowed to have any extra money floating around. If you do, something will take it.

One of my daughter's was in early childhood development, which sounds the same. I can't tell you how much I admire you guys who do what y ou do. I stand in amazement!!! Brandy was one of those kiddos who was really hard to diagnose so just to be around her a while, you'd think everything was fine and why was she there. I know now she was autistic, not severely, but still. Back then they didn't know much about it. All they could say was she had "emotional brain damage" But as I look back, I can remember her watching other people to see what emotion she was supposed to be showing and things like that. Now, she laughed at things she thought were funny and cried when it affected her. It was other people. She didn't know how she was supposed to feel if something happened, etc. She be standing kind of frowning like she was thinking "Hmm, let me figure this out now, I should be sad"

Course she is still the same, but works and takes care of herself has her friends and life.
Anyway, I gigress( Hey, I'm still sick) I can't even imagine how you get the fortitude to do it!!

I got bulbs, too. Promptly lost 5 of them. How long do I get to use this sick thing to get away with crazy stuff?

Hey ya'll....My little dude thanks you for the recognition...I think it's gone to his head....Ok, for the leaves...I have Phyl, one to go...no roots....I have Melissa, Tetley, Sunny, Joey...no preference...If there is anyone I missed, please holler, I'm doing this from memory and that is scary! Gourd, Chat ....did you guys want one....The plant is getting smaller by degree,but I really don't mind. My mom's plant should be growin' everywhere!!
The job is going really well...It's somewhat complicated, but I'm learning very quickly...I think! It's not rocket science, but it is stimulating...
well, time to get off and go home...ya'll pls let me know about the leafs,,,nekked or rooted.
Oh, Ann Marie, good on ya for making that shelf...I love woodworking. Wish I had some tools and the smarts to use them.
ar

no fair blaming it on the 'sick card' rainey! LOL! you have to stand up and take responsibility for loosing them bulbs! and then get your lil heine back in bed so you can get well! or, I'll call Fred and tell him to put you back in bed! tee hee!

Gilmer, TX(Zone 8a)

Ok, I'm gone, just don't send that ugly little man!!!!

Have ya'll noticed, we aren't even pretending to be a swap anymore? Look up top at all our trade info!!! Good thing I'm sick........
Oh by the way, I' didn't get chicken soup, but Catlady brought me taco salad. It's the "New age" chicken soup.

Does being sick make you feel depressed or is it all those valiums so you can do what the doctor says and sleep and forget you have a bunch of bratty kids who couldn't care less if you lived or died or crawled to the kitchen for water? That must be it!!! lol Mean kids. See if I sit up with them all night again.!! I'll just go to six flags.!!!
Have we got any other pictures of Aprons? I'm dreading it, cause all you'll get from me is a bad signature.

Lorraine - I am so glad to hear your daughter has done well for herself despite having a disability. I've worked with students with autism and they are amazing! Some of them are sooo gifted! Social skills seem to be one of the hardest challenges for them. Glad to hear a success story! :-) Thanks for sharing that! I often wonder what happens to some of the students I've worked with over the years. Some of the families keep in touch with us, but most don't.

Some children are such a mystery. In my regular school year class, we get a lot of students with behavioral issues as well as disabilities. The teacher I normally work with is amazing. She has a sixth sense for the students. She's young enough to be my daughter! But she is wise beyond her years and seems to have a gift for exceptional students. Every day is a surprise! :-) And ya gotta have a sense of humor! The kids make me laugh out loud every day! Keeps me young at heart! :-)

I want a leaf, Anna Ruth!

Becky, I'm so sorry, girl..I know you do! The one that said Phyl, no roots, was supposed to say Becky, no roots...sorry about that...I could never do a coop...No organizational skills,
Ann Marie would have to do my paperwork from 3000 miles away.lol Ok, those I don't hear from are getting nekked leaves...On Lorraine's wise counsel, I'm sending them in a bubble envie. It has to be better than the one I sent to Sunny, priority mail. Darn thing is lying dead somewhere and it cost $4.20 for NOTHING....Can you say p.o'd...no pun intended...
I'll wrap them really well in several layers of paper towels, dampened of course then a sheet of newspaper. Those of you who have done a lot of shipping can tell me if you think that'll be ok.
Anjl, I haven't sent your mom's seeds yet, but I will.
Working 2nd shift doesn't give me much time. I'm such a lazy horses patoot that I'm not up till 11 and have to leave at 2...
Joey it seems like you and Sonoita have been really working hard. I mean hard!! This is a motley group, I must say
Lorraine, it is so good to see your wise cracking snide remarks poppin up....We sure missed you....
Melissa, I hope you are doing ok and that nasty D has gone away for a while.
Sunny, how are you?
Phyl, have you bought that BMW yet??? Black is a nice color, don't you think..hahaha
Well, gotta go...I do believe it's raining. Praise the Lord! Everything is drooping. I've been watering every night when I get off work, but I can't get the stuff in the beds, cause Einstein here ran over the hose with the lawn mower? Anybody need 1/2 hose???
Bye
ar

Santee, CA(Zone 9a)

Hello Nuts!!

Okay I know everyone is probably off or in bed or something :o) Thought I would check in. Busy day in the garden, removed 3 bushes...hee hee hee, got 17 of my Calla bulbs in and then realized the sharp stinging pain in my palm was a GIGANTIC blister from the bulb auger(sp?) thingy...UGH. I still have like 60 something bulbs to plant. I gave up the pain was sooooo bad, this blister is bigger than a 50cent piece. I'm a wuss.

Fifi- you need to lay down and stay away from yourself for a bit!!!LOL!!! Geez, sounds like you had one *&^% of a day!!

Rainey- {{{HUGS}}} I sure hope you feel better soon!! I can see you haven't lost your sense of humor ;o) BTW, your mail may be interesting tomorrow...wink wink

AnjL- That waaaaas fast..WOW, I sent those on Mon. You did an amazingly FAST and AWESOME job on the glove co-op. If every co-op ran as smooth as that one did I would be in big trouble!!

Becky- Ditto on the fast, I can't believe your package got there without priority so quickly. You are a true blessing to parents and children everywhere to have the patience that you do. What an Angel you are for working with those children.

Anna Ruth- I think I'm gonna need some help with the leaf you are sending me. I'm lucky I've been able to make some seeds grow!! Oh, and can I ask what your Mom's name is so I can appropriately name the plant after her :o)

Okay all..... tomorrows the last day of school for my Goober, let's hope he made the grade!! Will be taking him out to lunch since it's a half-day, then back out in the garden I go. I need those gloves bad now!! Sweet Garden Dreams Ya'll nigh nigh

Sonoita, AZ(Zone 8a)

Does anyone know what plant this is?

Thumbnail by Sonoita

Anjl...I mailed it 6/5 and it ws $13.60 to NC.
Susan said her hubby was having arm surgery didnt she and wouldnt be on for awhile, or as much, I think she said.

here's what I found at the USPS
( Label/Receipt Number: 0306 1070 0004 7040 0710

Your item was delivered at 10:50 AM on June 7, 2008 in SANDY RIDGE, NC 27046. )

Becky...this lil feller was adopted when he was 1 & 1/2 yrs old. She had spent $$$$$ on trying to get preg with no luck, and was almost ready to adopt a lil girl, and the people asked for more money at almost the last min. She had decorated her room and everything. Then, there was a lady who had two boys in Foster care, so she took him about 2 months then decided to adopt him, thinking he would grow out of this. The aunt who had been watching him and his brother didnt pay a bit of attention to him, because he was different, so he stayed in the swing all the time. No cuddling, very little contact. When my niece found that out, she said she felt so sorry for him that she decided to keep him and love him anyways. And he can be a sweet guy...but he can push you to your limit too. Sadly, when she walks into the door, he turns into the devilish guy. and she cannot handle him. I am afraid that some day he will hurt her, physically, because its not uncommon for him to kick her or I've even seen him bite her. he has no boundries with her.....and yes he does very well on a schedule, which he also doesnt have at home. and he has rules here and has learned about consequences, etc. NO one in the family likes him, which made me feel sorry for him; thats the reason I agreed in the first place, because I thought he'd do better here. (and the fact that the last babysitter was in tears when she said she couldnt handle him with 4 other kids around) None of his grandparents spend time with him, yet they clearly do with the other g'kids.
I've told my brother repeatedly that he's different when she's not around, but they dont even want to try. it's sad.

my leg is about 75% better today. I was a real slacker last evening...just iced it and watched tv and went to bed early. I thought i'd baby it today. I need to look for one of those pull up bandages. But it I knew it was a matter of time....I could feel it slipping, LOL, sounds like a the gears on a car.

Lorraine, its called.....'you're sick and allowed to be that way'. you hate like heck to ask for help and no one offers. so take more valium =)

i better get my butt in gear..speaking of cars. no AnnaRuth ..I havent even looked at a car yet. Maybe if someone pays 1/2 for me, I could afford to buy the owner's manual, LOL

Post a Reply to this Thread

You must log in and subscribe to Dave's Garden to post in this thread.