CLOSED: Mixed Seed Nuts June 8 to ??

(AnjL) Fremont, CA(Zone 9b)

THREAD CLOSED! WE WENT HERE: http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/865626/

we came from here: http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/856961/

This message was edited Jun 19, 2008 7:06 PM

Sonoita, AZ(Zone 8a)

I have vegie seeds for those of you who would like some. I will try to get them posted on my trade list today.

Gourd,- are you looking for someone else to host the swap? If so I'll volunteer.

Santee - My heart goes out to you. I suffer from chronic depression that I am constantly battling with, my meds help quite a bit. There is alcoholism in my family , and my DH is on & off the recovery path.

San Francisco Bay Ar, CA(Zone 9b)

Hey all, hope everyone is having a much better day today. Quiet on here…perhaps you are all out in the garden? Guess what we found? Surprise. Haven’t released this little one yet, but will in a little bit. If anyone wants to name him/her, jump right in…this one is another little cutie.

Thumbnail by sunnyg

This is the whole 10 gallon aquarium…can you spot the little froggie on the piece of bark on the left?

Thumbnail by sunnyg

My first brug bloom ever...I can see why people become obsessed with these plants

Thumbnail by sunnyg

tee hee .... love the froggie and brug shots! lol! sunny you just made my day!
Yes, Brugs are addicting... I have 3 seedlings that are a few inches tall now, 4 rooted brugs that are 2 feet tall, 4 cuttings that are struggling to root...and 12 seeds that I'm still waiting for them tocome up :o( so if all goes well, I should have 23 Brugs in total.... that is if I can keep them all alive! lol!

23 brugs? LOL, now that is totally awesome! I love it, and can so relate to getting fixated on a particular plant and having to get “all” of them ;-). I am really trying not to get addicted to brugs due to space issues, (i.e. where oh where will I put them?) but have the mystery brug that is blooming now, another one on the way (hey, it was 8 bucks) and then one little seedling of red brugmansia sanguinea that has just now come up. I’d still love a couple more too…yikes! I am totally not going to get addicted though…really. ;-) We released the froggie a little while ago, and I’m downloading pics from the camera right now so will post them in a few. I wanted to wait for my boyfriend to arrive to release this froffie, since he’s missed all the other releases.

aww! have you ever seen any of the ones that you have already released? I cant find my lil guy anywhere!

Nope, I haven’t seen or heard any of the frogs for awhile now. From everything I’ve heard from people they “disappear” in the summer, so I guess we’ll both see (and hear) what’s up come late winter when it’s mating time. I don’t know that I’d be able to spot one of those babies anyhow…they are just too tiny. I really watch where I step around the pond though, and try not to disturb the groundcover all around just in case they are in there somewhere.

Going for a ride out into the big bad world beyond the aquarium…

Thumbnail by sunnyg

Oops, wrong way…hop on back the other way now!

That’s part of my boyfriend’s hand, to give you an idea of scale…another tiny froffie for sure.

Thumbnail by sunnyg
Santee, CA(Zone 9a)

HELLO NUTS!!!!

Thank you all for listening to me yesterday {{{HUGS}}} You ladies are awesome!!!

Sunny- You silly goosey goose, I got pictures, wait let me rephrase that, I got beautiful, professional looking, border edged, glossy pictures of my godfroffie Slick and his buddy RaineyIcky in the mail yesterday!!! (I just checked my mail today...oops) Thank you thank you thank you. He will be going on my wall in the livingroom that has all family pictures on it. I even brought the pics over to my in-laws today, we just got back from dinner with them. They officially know I'm a nutcase!!LOL!!

Sonoita- Thank you for your words of understanding. I was a bit down yesterday. Not like me to poor my feelings out for the world to see. So thank you :o) {{HUGS}} Both of my parents are alcholics, dad sober, mom not, so I can relate... in a way. You really seem to be a strong woman, I don't see much posts from you on here, but from what you do write, you appear to have a real good head on your shoulders. And your babies, furry and human are beautiful :o)

AnjL- Found the last post. I will send the bulbs to you tomorrow. Will be heading to the PO then. :o) BTW.... 23 Brugs!!! Good gracious lady!! I knew you liked them, but I didn't know you liked them that much!!

Fifi- You make me laugh :o) I'll be keeping my DH around for a long long time. He's gonna have to getrid of me first..LOL!! And your right whats better then free cable??

Melissa, I’m so glad you like the pics…I had a lot of fun picking out the borders on those. ;-) I think I read somewhere on one of the previous the threads that you and Lorraine wanted pics of your godfroffies, so I just did those on Shutterfly. Sounds like you’re having a better day today…yay! :-).

That last little froffie I just released tonight is still nameless and godmotherless, poor thing…any volunteers?

Speaking of Lorraine, anyone heard from her? Lorraine…you feeling any better?

Joey in Conroe, TX(Zone 8b)

Hey everybody! Sorry I have been MIA, but I have gotten sooo much done! Fixed the lawn mower, mowed the grass, TRIED to fix the weed eater (didn't weed eat LOL), spread a yard of mulch, dug about 50 square feet of this obnoxious weed in my back yard and almost finished my project for a stuffed envelope swap I'm in. Whew! I'm tired and I need a shower LOL.

Sunny your frogs are so adorable! I wish we had more here, I've seen a couple of toads, and I have a really uncoordinated tree frog that lives on my back porch, but I don't see many true frogs.

Hmmm frog name...maybe I'm just too tired, I can't think of a darn thing LOL

Gilmer, TX

Hey all, Rainy called me and wanted me to post that she is very sick at the moment and hasn't been on the computer, just resting on the couch. Friday when we packed up the begonias she wasn't doing very well either. She hopes to be better tomorrow and back with you all. If she's not, she's still sick.

Cumberland Mtns, TN(Zone 6b)

looks like a quiet day at the OK Corral =) (if Lorraine was here to defend herself, I'd tease her and say it's because she's sick. but I won't pick on her =D (much)

I drove all the way to Lowes 50 miles away and do you know they didnt have any stinking tomato cages, supports, nuttin!!!!!!
I hadta come all the way back home to wallyworld to get some. ohhh they had a sale on snapdragons too. mixed colors. i got those and more dianthus. at Lowes i got a small trellis that has a bird on the top. its ssooooo cute. they also had a small flag that had a froffie sitting on a lily pad....but I figured everyone could get those.....i'm holding out for unique froffies.

speaking of...DF (heehee darling froffies) are pretty cute. can you tell the sex? how about Prince, after Prince Charming? or Pebbles if its a girl?

oh yes Prince charming! Please? thats a great name! now... let me tell ya the story that goes with it.... :o)

When Keith was little, I used to tell him he was my Knight in shining armor.... but he couldnt say it right... would say "momma, i your night in armor sharmor?" LOL! and I think that is a perfect name because......

He's alive! all your prayers and well wishes did work!! yippee, I can sleep tonight... right after I find out where he is and ring his neck! LOL!

Here's the scoop... I just got a call from his step mom in WA, apparently his lil bro (who lives in WA) got a collect phone call this morning from Keith at a jail. He didnt know which jail, and tried to accept the charges but it didnt work. then he forgot about it and didnt tell his mom til tonight. She just called me. I called our wonderful (NOT) PD here, and they can only tell me that he is not in custody in my county... and they cant check other counties... ugh! so they said that when they go to release him, they will check for additional warrants and thats when they will see the missing person report. Then whatever jail he is at may or may not call me! UGH! the downfall to this is... if he's in jail for a long time...? they wont check for a MPR, and if they release him and dont call me? I'm back to wondering again... but at least he is still alive :o) I can sleep tonight! yeah!

Wow! I am so, so glad to hear your fantastic news Anjl! Hopefully Keith will try calling someone again tomorrow and you can get additional info then, or even better they will release him shortly. I cannot even imagine the amount of relief you must be feeling right now :-). Prince Charming Froffie he will be…now he just needs a godmother, any takers? Phyl, I have no way to tell male or female at this point. I read that males get a dark patch under their chins from all that croaking later on (stretch marks? ;-)), but I have never gotten any of the froffies to show me their chins LOL. I don’t think I’ve ever seen a trellis with a bird figurine on top before Phyl, I’ll bet it is cute.

Joey, sounds like you had a seriously productive day today…makes me tired just reading that long list of what you accomplished. Good for you! An uncoordinated treefrog? LOL…somehow coordination seems like it would be pretty important for a treefrog. These little froffies are pacific tree frogs, but hopefully they are coordinated ones, or at least more coordinated than I am ;-)

Lorraine, I hope you feel way better soon…take good care of yourself and get into the doc if you aren’t getting any better. I wish I could send you some chicken noodle soup to “cure” you. Thanks for giving us the update on Lorraine, Catlady.

This is how far we got on the arbor today :o( was hoping it would be done...but it has to be perfect! LOL!

Thumbnail by 1AnjL

but... I made this all by my lonesome from the scraps! DH asked why I wanted the scraps... and I told him I needed shelves for my begonias. then I started cutting the wood to square it and he wanted me to stop and ' draw up plans first!" LOL! I asked him if I should make a teeny model first! LOL!
anyhow, I designed it, I cut the wood, I squared it all up and screwed it together! all WITHOUT any plans! LOL!
I am woman....hear me roar! LOL!

Thumbnail by 1AnjL
Santee, CA(Zone 9a)

Oh AnjL I'm so happy that he's okay!! You must feel so much better knowing that much. Wish there was a way to find out which jail he's at though. Could the FBI people help in some way? I would think they would have access to a national database of somesort.....mmm I'm just so glad for you ;o)

WOW Joey- Your a busy girl!! I agree with Sunny, I'm tired now too after reading that. In fact my back even hurts...come to think of it I may need a massage...hee hee hee ;o) That's funny an "uncoordinated frog" LOL!!

Fifi- You went on quite the shopping trip. I am picky about all the frog stuff i've been seeing lately, looking for stuff out of the norm also. And how come everyone is finding all this stuff on clearance at their garden centers/nurseries and my stupid HD is full price all the time???UGH!!

Perfect name for new baby froffie... they are so adorable, all we have around here are coyotes and maybe an occaisional wild rabbit, but those are pretty few and far between. Oh, and ALOT of ravens or crows... I don't know the diff. all I know is they are big, loud and creepy and I think about that movie The Birds whenever I see the darn things!! You all have frogs and squirrals and toads....luckies :o)

Rainey better get better..sniff sniff I miss my Mama Mentor :o(

Santee, CA(Zone 9a)

You go girly... that looks goooooood, and I bet having all that wood around right now smells good too. I love the smell of fresh cut wood :o) That little jean planter is adorable!!

lol, i have a thing for those jean planters... have a couple of em from lback in my apartment -container plant days.! LOL! I too love the smell of fresh wood...cept when you inhale in the workshop...you get sawdust up the nose! LOL! I have oodles and oodles of sawdust for my beds tho! LOL!

yu can kinda see the other 'jean planter' in this pix :o)

Thumbnail by 1AnjL
Santee, CA(Zone 9a)

I hear ya about the sawdust, I have my DH just go ahead and cut right over the dirt then he doesn't have to clean up the mess and i just mix it in...win win :o) OMG!! Are those overalls???? How cute is that!!

Anjl Yay, yay yay!!!! I had a feeling! I knew it would be ok!! The thouht of jail had crossed me mind, but didnt want to worry you. But jail is definately a step up from not knowing!! Whooop! You have no idea no happy I am!
I think Prince Charming is the perfect name for this froffie. Maybe when you get your little PC home you can thrash him and then kiss (in whatever order LOL) and he will transform back into the Princely Son you lost. (((((hug)))))
Oh and your Rock Anjl with your shelves! Be forwarned though once you get to working with wood its addicting. LOL I got a bandsaw for Valentines day...my DH is learning!

Now for our fearless leader, Lorraine. Cat, has she been to the Dr.? If she is too sick to come play with us I'm really worried. Pneumonia is nothing to play with! Is there anyway to go and check on her? Roll her up in a blanket and make her go! Anjl, can you call her? Give her heck and let her know how important she is to all of us and that she needs to take care of herself Pronto!!!!

I will post later with the story of my uncoordinated tree frog, he is really cute, but he doesnt seem to have the hang of climbing all that well LOL. Probably why he is living by my back porch light and not in a tree somwhere!

Jacksonville, FL(Zone 9a)

Didn't a thread just get started.... LOL .... I can't keep up ... lol ... We need our own chat room .... lol ...

Sonoita, AZ(Zone 8a)

Good Morning All! I'm off to buy hay today, and the rest of this month. It's my weight loss program, between moving the hay and it's cost I'll be fit from exercise and slim from diversion of grocery funds :)

I have sprouts coming up that I still can't figure out what they are. Someone on another forum thought they might be Nutgrass. They are coming up next to some day lilies, this is their second season, I can't remember if they bloomed their first season. I'm only 45 and my mind is going already!
Here is a pic of the plants. It is not the plant with the flowers, it's the grass upright like plants.

Thumbnail by Sonoita
(Becky) in Sebastian, FL(Zone 10a)

Anjl - YAY!!! I am so glad you've gotten word about Keith. Hey, jail is NO fun, but at least he probably doesn't have access to drugs and might have a clear head when they release him. Or maybe they will call you to come bail him out. Or maybe, just maybe ... HE will call you! What a relief!

(AnnaRuth) Danville, VA(Zone 7a)

Hey all, I just went out to water some alyssum and something caught my eye. This little dude actually looks as though he is down in the dirt, like a bird sitting on eggs. But having forgotten my biology, I have been reminded that froggies come from tadpoles....I rubbed his little head and he stayed put. I just thought it was cute!
AnnMarie, I know you have been blessed! What a load off your mind..now you can relax and concentrate on that beautiful garden of yours...
I tried to call Lorraine, but got no answer. Has anyone heard from her since her friend posted? Please keep us informed...
Chatnoir, I got yet another package today....I don't even recall talking to you, and yet you sent me a package. I feel as though I got it under false pretenses, since I'm already back at work...but, I really loved it and I thank you so much. You're another very kind person and I just can't say thank you enough to all of you. I was telling my sister about you guys today and I told her what a difference it made to me while I was out of work. Your words of kindness were invaluable to me!!
Melissa, seems like you and I aren't the only ones who suffer from the big D word...I think we're all in the right spot to let out our frustrations......
I'm gonna be like Lorraine now....I want one of those stinkin' brugs...I wanna see what all the fuss is all about.
When you all get my seeds from the seed swap, please open them very carefully. The seeds are very very tiny and they are taped 50 ways from Sunday. I just don't want anyone to lose any!
Phyl, I wanted to buy you a box of Tide the other day when I went to WallyWorld to get some grub, but I could see the postage being more than the Tide. I hope you're doing well, and pampering yourself just a bit!
Love to you all
ar

Thumbnail by ginpan

Joey, yes it is a jean overall planter... and I love it :o) bought it at a good will store many years ago :o)

I tried to call lorraine, but no answer :o( so now I'm worried about her!

I also did an internet search today...and guess what? my lil Prince Charming has been in jail since 5/22! What good does it do to file a missing person report with the police AND the FBI if they cant even find him 2 counties over?! UGH! on the internet it says he will be released 6/30...but then he also has a petty theft warrant here in my county....so hoping for exactly what Becky said... A little time with some hard core mean guys and time to clear his head from the drugs...and maybe, just maybe he will see the light and do a uturn :o) so.... keep those prayers going :o) you all are awesome and maybe with the power of prayer he will turn around :o) although he WONT be coming home to my house... he still has plenty of people in the program that will help him if he truly wants help. So he DOES know where to go it he wants it...

Thank you all for all your awesome support :o)

oh and Anna... are you still 'hangin in there'? LOL!

(AnnaRuth) Danville, VA(Zone 7a)

you sent the little dude, didn't you anjL?

Columbia, MO(Zone 5b)

Anjl, I am so glad you found Keith! Us little nuts are a force to be reckoned with when we come together aren't we?? Good vibes or sumthin' maybe. Is there anything we can do?

Ginpan, how is the new job going?

Ginpan....LOL, thanks, but I didn't buy Tide; I got a big box of Gain. ha-ha that was good enough for me.

Anjl; it looks like they would have given him one phone call or they would have tried to contact his family because of his age. Can you go see him at all? I know you can breathe a sigh of relief knowing where he is.

ok ya'll. i'm ready for winter already! its too blazing hot here. you know how us s'uthern gals are....we dont like to sweat ... we glisten. Only i'm sweating buckets. with swollen ankles - be back when I can sit comfortably...this is too painful.

if anyone hears from Lorraine ... tell her she's missed, please.

try to stay cool, ya'll =)

cheers,
phyllis

Whew! I have had a ZEKE DAY. The little darlin' has worn me out! First he decided to change his own diaper and caught him running through the house covered in...well you know. Then he was quiet again so went into his room and he looked up at me with a huge purple grin. He found the crayons andd drooled purple all over his bed. Thank goodness I hadn't made it so his chenille bedspread wasn't on it, just got the sheets. Then went outside to water my veggies. Left him alone with the hose for a sec to get my gloves that were right inside the back door and he took the water hose into the barn and watered two sacks of concrete and the Harley. Then we came in for supper, he had chicken breast, brocolli and french fries with orange juice. Well he decided to turn his OJ over and flood his tray, ruined his whole dinner and we had to start over. I need a nap, and maybe a drink LOL.

Santee, CA(Zone 9a)

Hello Nuts!!!!

Joey- You crack me up with your stories about Zeke :o) I could totally picture in my mind what the little guy was up to today. He's such a lil'character but at the same time gotta love him :o) Wet concrete and a wet Harley...glad it wasn't me...LOL!! My Dad would let Christopher "work"on his Harley with REAL TOOLS at AGE 2!!! I know he would have NEVER let me do that....grandparents can just give them back I guess...LOL Hows the uncoordinated froffie?? Finally watched my StepItUp recording...you're right about Nick's dance WOWsa :o) I'm so glad that Mochi didn't win, but was shocked (outloud even) that Cody won.

Sent Rainey a "California Care Package" today. Told her that she better get better soon and that we all miss her dearly and are all hoping that she gets well soon :o)

AnjL- Sent the CallaLissa...hee hee hee.... bulbs for your mom as well :o) So glad that you now at least know where Keith is located. What a bit of relief for you. I'm still just elated and happy happy happy that he is safe.

Becky- Also sent your 'prise package in the mail :o)

Busy day at the PO with my little guy and his friend.... boys just get sillier when they're out in public with their firends, why is that?? mmm

Sonoita, AZ(Zone 8a)

Joey - Your Zeke story...I am so there, only one year later when they are craftier. I was down in the barn feeding and I hear Aspen giggle, I turn around and she has followed the cat up the hay ladder, and is on top of the hay ~13' up. Gulp

They're not too funny when they're happening, but it's sure worth a giggle when you think about em' later, ain't it? Cherish every minute, because it doesn't take them long to leave the nest and then they don't need you anymore. You turn around and they're gone.

I know 'my' kid never did anything like that, =)~ cus she was perfect, =o, but I must've been a magnet yesterday to kids screaming in wallymart. Sheese, I thought I would go stark raving mad! (where were my drugs?) It was all I could do to not say to this lil girl, sssshhh you're supposed to use your inside voice. she screamed in every part of the store!! then i even ended up next to her in the check out line. i swear...i could not think straight with her crying. thats not to mention the ones running loose. thats when I think, i'm sooo glad mine is grown, lol. its a viscious circle, lol. or I'm like Maxine...being a crabby ol' lady

its sunny in TN, 81; thunder storms expected every day till Sunday =( . this weather is just not cooperating with my gardening plans!

blessings to you all ...

Gilmer, TX(Zone 8a)

I'm alive, I think

Jo, jo, this is for zeke.
If I want it, it's mine
If I give it you and change my mind, it's mine
If I had it a litlte while ago, it's mine
If it's mine, it will never ever belong to anyone else, no matter what
If we are building together, all the peices are mine
If it looks like mine, it is mine

Santee, CA(Zone 9a)

RAINEY!!!! {{{HUGS}}} {{{HUGS}}} and more {{{HUGS}}}

I'm so so so so very glad you came on to let us know you were semi alive..lol :o) I missed my Mama Mentor...sniff sniff. I sure hope that you are getting the rest that you need. And try not to be too stubborn, we need you back all healthy and rearin' to go. No heavy lifting or climbing trees or diggin in the dirt in hot weather either!! Did you go to the Dr??? I hope so... relax and check in on us if you can. That was very nice that Catlady let us know you were "okay", thank you. BTW, is that Pam? Oh, and I saw the thread for the TX round-up, wow that must be a pretty big deal if the Dave that puts the Dave in DG is gonna be there, neato :o)

Got some more plants today... 25 strawberry plants (I know, but the 50 I just put in a couple weeks ago are actually surviving...whoo hoo) Some Fairy Lillies, they looked so cute on the website, they are pink and only get 6-8" tall awww. Some Dwarf DayLillies can't remember what color i ordered?? So I've been and will continue to be a busy girl in the garden today.

Okay, I have a question... what is WallyWorld and WallyMart?? did I just answer my own question?? is it WalMart?? All I think when I see ya'll type WallyWorld is National Lampoons Vacation.... hee hee hee

{{{HUGS}}} again to our Rainey :o) TTYallL

Yay Lorraine is back! So glad to see you! (((hugs)))
LOL love the kiddo creed, Zeke actually has a shirt with a picture of the earth on it and the word MINE! above it. Very appropriate!

Went to the recycle center today...I swear that place is better than the mall LOL... I saw a lot of books in the paper bin and asked wht was up. Barnes and Noble just dropped off 9 boxes of paperbacks and magazines! They tear the covers off to return to the publisher and get credit for the books, but the books themselves they just toss, or recycle thankfully! I came home with 2 rubbermaid boxes full and could have gotten more if they would have just let me climb into the bin LOL. My neighbor is on her way over so we can divy up the loot!

Post a Reply to this Thread

You must log in and subscribe to Dave's Garden to post in this thread.