Some pictures from work

Hillsborough , NC(Zone 7a)

Took these this afternoon at work..This is the tennis court screen...

Thumbnail by Braveheartsmom

A rather nice gnarly tree...

Tucked away in a corner...

Some nice Brug flushes going on at home

Equador pink is a beauty for me in my climate, she is never without flowers.

This one is called Jesse Noel, she is struggling a little but is a really pretty color, I think.

Redondo Beach, CA(Zone 11)

BH Mom-
GREAT shots. Love the Ecuadorian Burg.

The golden shower trees are starting to bloom along the roads among the scrub trees.

(Mary) Poway, CA(Zone 10a)

Your Equador Pink looks great. I wish mine was that good - she's pale here in Southern California climate. The yellows are bright and cheery too.

Mary

Rio Rico, AZ(Zone 8a)

Beautiful pictures Jenny. It's nice to work in a lovely environment. I have some friends coming to Maui in July. I have been telling them all the things you share with us about the island.

Thought I'd tell you that all my new babies are coming along nicely. Some are growing faster than the others, but they all have leaves and give me high hopes. Thanks again.

Yokwe,
Shari

Desoto, TX(Zone 8a)

Wow! Where have I been? These are soooo beautiful, Jenny. Like Shari, my cuttings are doing very good. It will be great when I have blooms like yours. (well, at least I can dream). Forecast for the next week, 79 low and 95+ high. ugh

PK

Aloha,

Glad your cuttings are doing so well, I have some more to get out to another DGer, however my car caught fire last Saturday...Funnily enough we got a recall notice on Monday from Buick
telling us to bring the car in because it might catch fire!

View from the lanai...

And my Creamsickle just starting to color up, don't know if you can see that it is begining to go pale orange..

This one is for Mary! Equador Pink is my absolute favorite because of the continuous bloom. I wonder if yours is a little paler because it is hotter or dryer where you are?

Desoto, TX(Zone 8a)

Takes my breathe away. Bet the aroma is something else. Had 5 blooms on the plumerias from the co-op yesterday. Been jumping up and down I was so thrilled.

Your home is Paradise.

Mahalo,

Princess Kilikina

Rio Rico, AZ(Zone 8a)

Jenny - how very beautiful! You certainly do Mother Nature proud girlfriend! It is amazing to me that you can have such a beautiful yard with your two furfriends. They must be very well bahaved!

Yokwe,
Shari

Oh geez, thanks! It is nice when several trees bloom at the same time. I wouldn't say that the dogs are well behaved - I think it's more that they are couch potatoes, and always have been! Huge dogs like mine don't seem to tear around much. They have always been very careful where they put their feet - almost as if they are aware of their size and try not to knock anything over.

Aloha

Forgot to add - what color is your plumeria Christi? How very exciting, post pics!

Desoto, TX(Zone 8a)

This is on a 14" tall stick. Probably the only plum bloom in DeSoto, Texas. hahaha

We have had the nextdoor neighbor over and my daughter came by. We are easily impressed.

Aloha

PK

Thumbnail by LouC

That's a very pretty pink, Christi - does it smell good too? I'm impressed too because I have some that size and there is no sign of a bloom, what are you feeding that baby?
Miss you, Aloha

Desoto, TX(Zone 8a)

Made my own potting soil. Lava sand, Texas green sand, mushroom compost, hardwood mulch. Then sprayed with water/fish emulsion. I have a total of 8 "sticks". Two of them are blooming and one has "y"ed. Think the supplier must have been top notch. And my brugs and MG trees are growing wonderfully directly in the ground. I never know whether to leave all of the leaves on the brugs or take off the ones near the bottom. That is on the larger plants from last year. Do you strip yours, Jen? Tell Frank and Mom hello.

Aloha

PK

Oh, yes they do have an aroma. Have to get close though. Just not big enough yet. But they bloomed!!!!

Wow, your potting mix sounds very lush, I wish I could get mushroom compost here. I really don't have to strip the leaves off the bottoms of the brugs, they seem to do that naturally for me. In fact I really have very few leaves on them, just at the top, I wonder if that is because they are determined to become trees here? I find that they do so much better in the ground, but there again I seem to be hopeless when it comes to growing anything in pots.

You haven't mentioned lately how your new vegetable garden is growing - I bet it's wonderful with the care you put into making the new bed. Do you still miss your trees?

Aloha

Desoto, TX(Zone 8a)

All of the brugs are in the ground. The plumeria are in pots. The brugs are covered bottom to top with leaves, guess I might just take some off. (The big ones, not the new cuttings) Think that is what Randy does.

Even though we planted early the hot weather is earlier and hotter than normal. After it reaches 90 degrees here the veggie garden is toast...literally. Have already pulled many plants and others are on the wane. Have a few Kentucky Wonder beans, Purple Hull Peas, new potatoes, and squash. The tomatoe vines have about a dozen fruit all combined but they won't set fruit after this. Lots of blooms but it is too hot. The white cabbage moth has done in my cabbage and brussell sprouts. Will amend the beds and try again. The carrots are not making at all. ??? Our nights are consistently in the 80's and that is definitely the kiss of death. We have enjoyed it even though it didn't produce as I had hoped. Have heard others complaining as well. The early, extra heat is most likely the cause.

This is one of your brug cuttings. Doin' good.

PK

Thumbnail by LouC
Keaau, HI(Zone 11)

WOW, Jen...beautiful photos and gorgeous brugs!!!!

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.