Photo by Melody
Announcements
Voting is finished for the 2024 Pixel County Fair. You can check out the winners HERE!

Tropical Zone Gardening: Some pictures from work, 1 by LouC

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright LouC

In reply to: Some pictures from work

Forum: Tropical Zone Gardening

<<< Previous photo Back to post
Photo of Some pictures from work
LouC wrote:
All of the brugs are in the ground. The plumeria are in pots. The brugs are covered bottom to top with leaves, guess I might just take some off. (The big ones, not the new cuttings) Think that is what Randy does.

Even though we planted early the hot weather is earlier and hotter than normal. After it reaches 90 degrees here the veggie garden is toast...literally. Have already pulled many plants and others are on the wane. Have a few Kentucky Wonder beans, Purple Hull Peas, new potatoes, and squash. The tomatoe vines have about a dozen fruit all combined but they won't set fruit after this. Lots of blooms but it is too hot. The white cabbage moth has done in my cabbage and brussell sprouts. Will amend the beds and try again. The carrots are not making at all. ??? Our nights are consistently in the 80's and that is definitely the kiss of death. We have enjoyed it even though it didn't produce as I had hoped. Have heard others complaining as well. The early, extra heat is most likely the cause.

This is one of your brug cuttings. Doin' good.

PK