Jody's VA Get Together Pics!

Newport News, VA(Zone 7b)

I thought it might be nice to have a new thread for the pics or just a few thoughts!

Here are the Iris Bonjon brought, and that bundle to the left are the roses that Kubilaya took home.

Bonjon is a gal that knows how to trade some plants. When some of the iris hadn't found homes yet, she pulled out the computer photos and showed the blooms...I had about 4-6, but by the time she was done had added several more, lol!

Thumbnail by largosmom

Jody had 12" of rain in the past week. Around here, that usually means a hurricane came through...but this time, just several storms in a row.

Here's Jody's hosta lake...should have checked, but I wonder if she has water-themed hostas such as Queen of the Seas or Sea Octopus.

Thumbnail by largosmom

The hosta mini bed in the shade of this tall tree became the area for much of the swap plants.

Thumbnail by largosmom

There was so much water this week, that I found a school of 'Stingray' swimming out behind the Tiki Hut!

Thumbnail by largosmom

Jody's hosta garden is a dream for hosta lovers. There are little gems everywhere you look.

Thumbnail by largosmom

Here's the front of the Tiki Hut.

Thumbnail by largosmom
MD &, VA(Zone 7b)

Thanks for the pics laura! I had my camera on the table and was too busy socializing and plant trading/talking to ever even pick it up, LOL. But I did see mom snapping pics so I'll see what she's got to share :)

It was a great day! Even with the temps and 1/2 the yarden being under water...

Frederick, MD(Zone 6b)

Ooh! I was thinking of all of you yesterday -- just knew you were having a GREAT time!

Thanks for posting pics and sharing stories with those of us who couldn't be there but sure wished we were.

:-)

MD &, VA(Zone 7b)

We wish you could have been here too Jill! I was just getting pics from my mom's camera and found many from Beckys swap on it. There are a couple of real cute ones of you saying something that had us both laughing and snickering, or at least thats what it looks like was going on, LOL.

Here we are, gathered around bonjon and her many many iris

Thumbnail by jody
MD &, VA(Zone 7b)

picking out plants...

Thumbnail by jody
MD &, VA(Zone 7b)

more plants

Thumbnail by jody
MD &, VA(Zone 7b)

joya trying to get the monster rose to a more managable size for the car while ruby and bonjon talk plants

Thumbnail by jody
Frederick, MD(Zone 6b)

Jody, your place (even half submerged) is just as beautiful and peaceful as I'd imagined it!

MD &, VA(Zone 7b)

Thanks Jill! Maybe you'll make it to this side of the bay someday for a visit :)

Thumbnail by jody

Hi, hope you have some time to view a laaarge file. This is a composite panorama of pics I took of Jody's hosta garden. Her planting area is deceptively large. There are beds behind beds, behind beds.... I took these pics standing in front of her Tiki Hut, which is about in the middle of the front part of the "yarden".

This is a link to the photo.
Allow some time to load if on dialup (under 1Mb).
On my computer, the pic loads up to fill the screen, then I can click to enlarge and scroll left to right.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v21/lsakos/Home%20and%20Garden/Jodysplacepanorama.jpg

Edited to add, sorry the colors are so washed out, it was the middle of the day. I'll try a high res version for those on broadband and repost.
Edited again...sorry, but my photo bucket account won't take a large file, so this is it!

Laura

This message was edited Jun 8, 2008 2:27 PM

This message was edited Jun 8, 2008 2:45 PM

MD &, VA(Zone 7b)

cool panorama laura! Thanks!

Thumbnail by jody
Crozet, VA

Yeah, great pics Laura and Jody. Critter, you would have had a wonderful time, despite the heat. The heat really did a number on me though. Thank goodness that it has been a little bit cooler most of the week. I hear rumor that it might be in the 70's next week. Yippie.

Ruby

Frederick, MD(Zone 6b)

Cooler temps will be welcome! I've been able to get out a bit the last couple of days, but I just had to lurk inside, troll-like, during the heat wave. I discovered that I've still got a little left-over difficulty from that virus I had this winter, just can't handle the heat when it gets extreme, so it's just as well that I didn't go to Longwood on Monday and end up collapsing in the middle of the orchard house or something... that's not exactly the way I'd want my MIL's new church friends to remember me, LOL! Now, at Jody's I could've kept putting ice in my hat or something, and I'd have been fine. :-)

Jody, thanks -- I'll interpret that generously as a standing invitation, LOL! I'm so glad I got to meet you at Becky's, even if I didn't make it up to your place for the swap. You definitely have a standing invitation any time you're inclined to swing down thisaway, or even just to drop by for coffee if you happen to be passing through... a lot of major highways go through Frederick, and the interchanges for many of them are just a couple miles from my house (look at the map some time... there's an absolute tangle of interchanges on the south edge of town... our place is in the point of the triangle where 70 and 270 come together).

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.