Heidi Chronicles: And Baby Makes 5

Charleston, SC(Zone 9a)

Terese and tetleytuna,

Good to hear from you. Thanks for letting us know that you are ok. Nope, still no sign of HRH, but just so you don't get too concerned, I'm still feeding before dark, although sometimes the feeding lasts until just after dark. I've only seen Trouble a handful of times and not at all in the past week.

Terese - sorry to hear the sad news about your neighbor.

KyWoods - Thanks. I've seen some awful pics on the news of the devastation. Would hate to think that any of you might be effected. I think you folks out that way are enjoying a cold front right now. Don't worry. All is still right with the world as it is hotter than @#%%% here, even at night, hot, humid, and stuffy with lots of mosquitoes in the late afternoon and early evening when I go out to feed the raccoons. Bad news is that with it being chilly over there and hot over here, there is almost sure to be some bad weather at the crossroads.

----

I don't recall everyone's state/area, so I may well have omitted someone who lives in the effected area. Sorry if I did. My concern goes out to all of you.

Terese and tetleytuna, from what I hear they are still calling for flooding tomorrow in Illinois and Missouri (is MO Missouri, I still can't get it straight), but since you said it's mostly along the river, I guess/hope that doesn't include your areas.

Try to think dry thoughts everybody.

Hendersonville, NC(Zone 7a)

I do remember the nectar feasts last year with Heidi; just was surprised about the frosting, since she's certainly seen it before and apparently not gone crazy for it. Snack-size bags make much more sense; I was trying to imagine Heidi devouring more than a pound of sweets, and the image just didn't work (lol). Frosted cookies rolled in dry cat food: oh yum. Can just see you taking that to the next potluck...ROFL.

Leesburg, FL(Zone 9b)

Cheryl -- Yes, Mo=Missouri

and the missippippi river runs between Western IL and Eastern MO ... St Louis gets hammered so hard because they have at least 2 rivers that i know of, that come together just on the north side of the city [if my geography is correct] My mom used to tell me stories of that area... i was actually born there, but we moved when i was about 2 or younger, back to IL. BUT -- when those two rivers are flooding, the whole area goes under. [Mom hated it there]

I do know south eastern MO [lake of the ozarks area] has been getting a lot of rain too... but not sure if there is any flooding. we have some friends in the park who live there, and they do not seem concerned at this point.

We are going home in a few hrs [i'm currently the only one up] and we will see what other rivers look like on our way home. We have heard the Rock River should be cresting tomorrow in Janesville, Wi.

back to HRH -- yes, i have recalled him "vanishing" in the past ... eating later or out gallivanting with the ladies.

Charleston, SC(Zone 9a)

Ruth -- I was more than a little surprised to see Heidi eat even the snack packs. I can see how a few lbs of cookies and frosting sounded like a bit much for her.

Terese -- I think I would want to get out of that area, too, if the river is prone to do this often. After reading your post, BTW, I recalled reading long ago about how we (humans) altered the river's path to fit our needs, and that has a lot to do with the flooding issues because when the water pressure builds up high enough the river becomes determined to reclaim its original track or something like that. Anyhow, it is hard for me to imagine living on the banks of the river knowing that every now and then it will flood you out, but then I can't say too much considering I live right smack in the path of the hurricanes knowing full well that about once every 20yrs the big one will hit us and pretty much wipe us out. Oh, and the last big one was in 1989. Need I say more? (cowering at the very thought of hurricane season 08). Try to stay high and dry over there. : )

----

Seeing that this thread is getting a bit long, I've started a new one here:
http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/864860/

Hope to see everyone there!

Charleston, SC(Zone 9a)

Sorry, everyone, seems like I hid the info pointing to our new thread by tacking it onto the one above. Oops, sorry if you missed it. Here it is again:
http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/864860

Sorry if we lost any of you temporarily. Hope you will join us over on the new thread.
Hint: there is good news over there - or will be in a minute! : D

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.