General Discussions - Chapter 22

marshville,, NC(Zone 8a)

Heh heh Russ, you need more dogs. My 3 girls are practically living on bunnies these days & those little long eared boogers haven't had a taste of my garden.
It's called natural control......of course it would depend on your dogs...my oldest sons dogs left the bunnies alone & ate the garden instead. So don't get vegetarian dogs.
Foggy

Northeast, WA(Zone 5a)

Russ, you're suppose to put the wire around the plant before they eat it. Not after. You old fool you. LOL, thought you would like that. Now we're even. Still like the picture.

I think they have a pattern for making those polymer crystal things to put around your neck when it's hot.. I guess they say them are really good. Sent them to the troops. Maybe I will take a look.

Sally are you dial-up? If you are we probably need to start a new thread or whatever they call it. Strawbale #23. I finally got a faster connection so I don't hollar any more.

Jeanette

Hornick, IA(Zone 4b)

Well Foggy I have a very lazy cat that staked its claim here. and there are two very yappy dogs next house to the north. I think those dogs would run and hide if one came near them.
Oh well! I've got another patch fenced in. One to go.
While I was out doing that, I set up a bunch of tomato cages, to hold them upright untill they get tall enough to tie up to the cattle panels. Have two more rows left to cage. I still have the bales to set up a tall fence for those maters. But it's just to d- - - hot. I've got peas coming on but not quite big enough to pick.
You can send your dogs for this. I have seen raccoons eye balling the sweet corn. but I think I need another fence with an electric wire running around it.
Wonder if I could hook it up with two 230volt wires heh heh heh

Northeast, WA(Zone 5a)

Russ as big a garden as you have you should quit messin' around with a tomato cage here and chicken wire there and fence the whole thing. I know it would probably take 2 different kinds of fence wouldn't it. I don't know if the electric would stop the rabbits. They probably would learn to jump over it.

'course there is the term "dumb bunny". Don't know where that came from.

Jeanette

Hornick, IA(Zone 4b)

Jeanette I think that is the bunny you shoot at and miss, and he just sits there and waits for the next crack.

Dahlonega, GA

jnette, no i have hi speed over my telephone . it's split so i can take calls and use the fax.i try to capture the scroll bar and it's so close to the bottom ,my mouse just jumps it up.it's teeney. can put maybe a pencil lead between it and the bottom . maybe.i can't believe there was so much room for this many conversations after i hollered. we'll see how far it can go. sally

Bardstown, KY(Zone 6a)

I heard you Sally!!!
http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/870988/

Doug

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.