Finally!

Ewing, VA

Cupido's beauty...

Thumbnail by mariava7
Shelburne Falls, MA(Zone 5a)

Oh I feel very lucky!!! I love it! And I still don't have Giraffe. I'll hafta give some of my old ones away to make room!

Ewing, VA

You just might not have to do that! One more good thing about the Sonatinis are they do not take up so much growing space. Some of my sonatinis are happily growing in a 3-4"pot. Next season, they move on to a 6" pot for most of them would be full of babies by that time. If I decide to seperate the bulblets, the mother bulb goes back to a 4"pot. Here was Cupido in Sept. 2007 after less than a year of growing season. From a tiny bulb to this...

Thumbnail by mariava7
Ewing, VA

And here was Jade Serpent...

Thumbnail by mariava7

Wow that's more like my striatum!

Ewing, VA

Papilio X Germa seedpod...21 days from pollination. It grew so much this week. The other Papilio flower in the same scape that was pollinated with Jungle Star did not take. The Giraffe that was given Germa pollens also failed. I kinda expected this.

Thumbnail by mariava7

So exciting!!

Ewing, VA

I really don't know if I should continue this as people now are more interested in their upcoming new purchased bulbs. I am...lol!

Anyway, here goes...

Update...update...

Papilio X Germa seedpod...28 days from pollination. It's half-way there...

Thumbnail by mariava7
Ewing, VA

And Mrs. Garfield X Germa...8 days from pollination

Thumbnail by mariava7
Ewing, VA

Happy Hippie shopping to all!

Thumbnail by mariava7

We're going to set some kind of a thread record.

And to cross topics, someone has requested a sticky for this forum. You are better qualified than I am. So, let's get started.

This message was edited Sep 28, 2008 10:41 PM

Ewing, VA

Oh my... I don't even know what a sticky is...lol!

I'll try to help out (contribute?) if you''ll guide me on what to do. And correct my English (grammar and spelling) too. It is quite different for a foreigner to write something in English. First we think of what to say in our own language, then our brain translates it to English. The typing is a totally different story with spelling and grammar check! Most of the time I envy my hubby as he easily types his way when he is in his Audi forum. It takes me a couple of minutes before I can finish my post and hit that send button...lol!

Ewing, VA

I missed posting an update last week. I've been very busy with preparing the hippies for their winter sleep. Some are already "snoring"...lol. But most are still actively growing and had to be sprayed with systemics and given a dose of Imidacloprid. Just to make sure they would be nice and clean "before going to bed".

Anyway, here were the seedpods last week...

PapilioX Germa (35 days from pollination)

Thumbnail by mariava7
Ewing, VA

Mrs. Garfield X Germa (17 days from pollination)

Thumbnail by mariava7
Ewing, VA

And the update for this week...Good and bad news.

Bad news...Mrs. GarfieldX Germa failed. :-( All pollination attempts on Mrs. Garfield failed. Bummer!!! Mrs. G's pollens are stored for future use. There's got to be a right flower for Mrs. G!!!

Now to the good news (hopefully and I'm still crossing my fingers here)

PapilioXGerma will be harvested soon with just 7 weeks from pollination. Weird looking seedpod! I hope it holds something special inside...

Thumbnail by mariava7
Ewing, VA

Hope you all have a good Hippie week ahead...

Sweet Lillian giving out it's 5th scape this season. Yes...5th!!! It appears to be a good performer. I just wish it would give out taller scapes and be more fertile. Isn't it the sweetest???

Thumbnail by mariava7

I love Sweet Lillian, but I haven't got the performance you have. Congrats!!

Sweet Lillian is lovely! I still don't have one. And I hope you can pitch in the with sticky, since I've been stuck on other projects. I hope to work on it tonight.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.