CLOSED: Mixed seed nuts May 23 to??

Santee, CA(Zone 9a)

Joey- That is soooo cute that Zeke is sleeping with his bike :o) I can totally picture him with his hand on his bike all sleppy nigh nigh... awww, now I'm gonna get the "baby itch" again darn it!!LOL!!

Sunny- hey, I'll come up with some names for that cute little baby of yours... Freddy, Frankie, Fonzie, .......oh oh oh....SLICK!!! That's the one...I like Slick :o)

Okay, I gotta play with my new printer... gonna make some new labels :o)

TTYallL ~melissa ;o)

Santee, CA(Zone 9a)

Oh geez... Anjl has it, I agree he should be named Froffie :o) and that's exactly the reason why too!! Now we could have our Seed Froggie mascot and Froffie as our live mascot. Too cute, I'm gonna sniffle ;o)

Santee, CA(Zone 9a)

Anjl- Too bad you live a little too far to drive up, Todd used to work for Sears fixing washers and dryers, he could probably have that fixed for you quick.  Do you know if it's something easy, like just a part needs changed or something??

BTW all that work is coming out so nice, your backyard is gonna look soooo different when all this work is done, I can't wait to see the arbors!!

(AnjL) Fremont, CA(Zone 9b)

lol! melissa you are so funny! :o)

Oh, BTW for all those out there who dislike snakes... DONT go see the new indiana jones movie! LOLOL! My DS saw it friday and DH and I went to see it tonight... all my son would say was oh mom, there is this one part that will FREAK you out! Now, I already told you all that I HATE scary movies right?! So, the whole movie I am tense just waiting for some scary thing to happen... and it was just a snake! LOLOL! I'm gonna strangle that kid when he gets home! UGH!

I just looked at the satellite thread and now I want one too! LOL!

Santee, CA(Zone 9a)

Was the movie any good?? My DH wants to see it but we're not sure if we should bother going to the theater or wait for the DVD.

:o) we tried fixing, actually DH fixed it many times before! LOL! I bought this washer about 17 yrs ago and the motor is shot. We were planning on buying new washer and gas dryer when we do our kitchen remodel, but looks like we are gonna get it sooner now! LOL! Just the timing is off! We got our xtra tax check and were planning lots of yard stuff, now we get to do a washer ugh! LOL! My DH is an electrical/plumbing contractor... so if it can be fixed or built...well, he is the man! and he loves fixing things... so when he says its shot... there is no chance! LOL!

Here is an updated photo of my flower beds :o) I cut alot back today and cleaned up the beds.
Does anyone know where the seeds are on the sea lavender? I wanted to collect some... but have no idea where they are! LOL!

Thumbnail by 1AnjL

It was an okay movie... It would have been better for us to see it on DVD, but that because we paid for 9 admissions and the snacks alone cost us $70 lol! Kids eat ALOT of junk food at movies! LOLOL!

Here's another shot of the yard

Thumbnail by 1AnjL
Santee, CA(Zone 9a)

okay, 17 years...yeah even he would say time for a new one, LOL!! sucks that things like that always brake just when you're doin' something else!!

Your backyard is sooo pretty...lucky :o) I love the ivy climbing up that wall...boy will that look so nice when it's fully covered..WOWsa

okay okay...gonna play w/ my printer...tah tah for now

Santee, CA(Zone 9a)

OMG!!!! Okay, maybe that "baby itch" just went away!!!

roflmao! too too funny! wanna come babysit? they are all teens- adults now! LOL! I prefer toddlers these days :o) They listen SOME of the time! LOL!

okay one more pix :o)

Thumbnail by 1AnjL
Joey in Conroe, TX(Zone 8b)

Wow anjl your yard is spectacular!! To watch the progress you have made is so inspiring! I can't wait to see that kind of progress in my yard.
Oh by the way, is that a white flag on the top of Mt. Bailey? Is that a symbol of surrender or or conquer LOL!!

I love the name Froffie! Thats perfect!!

Melissa, here's a cure for the baby itch... I'm in the kitchen hanging the new light fixture and I hear Zeke blowing raspberries. Go to check out what he is doing and he is spitting Sunny Delight all ove the TV. Scrubbed it the best I could, but the buttons are still all gummy. At least they match the stuck keys on my keyboard where he did the same thing!! LOL still wanting another one?

(Becky) in Sebastian, FL(Zone 10a)

Anjl - I love what your dh has done! Wonderful, wonderful!!! Sorry to hear about the washer needing to be replaced. I am looking at your garden photos. You've done a beautiful job!!! Where did you get your benches and chairs. They look so perfect to match your lovely garden!

I keep seeing that "WALL" behind everything. Good gosh! What an atrocity! You know, I just have to make a suggestion to kinda hide it a little bit. Is it possible to plant a few small ornamental trees. Maybe some blooming trees like Redbud, Boxwood, something that doesn't get so huge it adds too much shade, but enough to bring your eyes back down to your garden area. How tall is that wall???? Looks like the wall of China! LOL!

I think Froffie is the PERFECT name for your first born froggie! Adorable!

I used to love going to the movies, but lately it seems there is someone too tall sitting right in front of me or a bunch of teenagers or children near me that talk and giggle the entire movie. To spend that much and then not even be able to hear or see what is going on in the movie just drives me nuts! I am so spoiled watching movies in the comfort of my own home and being able to pause the movie for a snack or potty break! LOL! My kids are older and wouldn't be caught dead with their parents at the movies. So works for me and dh! LOL! We just wait for it come out on DVD! LOL! Though once in a while, we wait until the movie has been out for a while, and go see it in an almost empty theater! :-)

I work with Pre-K students and have teenagers at home. Come spend a day with me. I guarantee you won't want any children after that! LOL! They are cute when they are sleeping though. :-D

Cumberland Mtns, TN(Zone 6b)

Greetings Greetings. Gosh, girls, I leave ya'll alone one day and you build a durn DG Zoo in this thread =) you've been having fun here....i started reading at 7:55 this morning and it took till 8:45 to read and look at the posts. You made me giggle and smile while I read them and I had 20 comments to make and now I've forgotten them all.

I'm going to move in with Lorraine if ya'll keep showing those critters. =D and she might not like that.

it must've rained a whole teaspoon here this morning. I need to do the fertilizer thang too, but I wanted the ground to soften up a bit before I soaked it with it Miracle Grow. (well, NOT soaked, but you knew what I meant). my neighbors hay is still on the ground, and I dont want him to loose that, but MY garden and yard needs rain. I planned on watering last night, but i ws in too much pain and now my poor plants will suffer, LOL have I got the guilt trip down today, or what?

Onjl..you have a rare husband there who's finishing your walk as fast as that. Most I know would have already made 31 excuses to do everything else but that. Youve made remarkable progress and I giggle everytime I see that wall ...what was I thinking?

I went to that memorial thing at the cemetary yesterday and you know, I was meaner than a snake afterwards. I wasnt fit to be with myself even. I mean mad at everyone; i snapped at my dad, at my best friend, i said something ugly about my best friends sister. etc., etc. I was cocked and ready to shoot my SIL if she said ONE word to me yesterday.

I was bringing some of the chicken, not all, and certainly not the part of the chicken that I like, and my brother says be there at 1:30. he didnt say bring the chicken early. or specifially in terms I would understand, bring the chicken at 12:45 and THEN come back at 1:30. so what did I do? i was about to leave my house at 1:15pm, when he calls and asks was i about ready to leave? he was 'kinda' needing that chicken on the grill. So, i got mad at me for not thinking ahead, which is my usual forte..and mad at him because he could have sent his two lazy As* younguns to pick it. but nooo. so when it 'seemed' like everyone was mad at me, because I had thrown the whole bbcue off, i got all hissy and sat by myself. (not hissy that anyone knew, or i attacked anyone, even though thats what was on my mind) so when my dad and brother came back outside, i said in a kidding way, 'listen, next time i'm supposed to bring meat that has to be cooked within a certain time frame, ya'll are going to have to say to me specifically "bring the meat ahead of time so that it can be cooked with the rest of the meat" because you all know " I " dont have enough sense to think those thoughts for myself. thats too much pressure. my brother just shrugged his shoulders and said, the rest of the meat isnt done yet anyhow...and then I reallllly felt like a louse because I thought everyone was mad , when they werent.

it was fine from that point on. we ate too much. oh and my DS brought a new kind of tea... (she added lemondade and almond extract....gosh that was good. and refreshing.)

I think i'm going thru a 'mad' stage of grieving, mad that my mom didnt take better care of herself, mad that i'm left with this crazy screwed up family and I dont feel like being the strong one anymore. (I dont want to be the first born ). I guess all of that is normal. but that doesnt make it any easier.

instead of feeling sorry for myself, I think I'll take a walk around the garden. see what kind of surprises it holds.

if I had one of those wagons I saw on here today, ( I think it was ghourds) i could carry all the water at one time !!! ) aren't there 'good' toys for gardeners now?

Happy Memorial Day All.....I hope youre surrounded by good friends and family and good thoughts all day !!!!

San Francisco Bay Ar, CA(Zone 9b)

Your yard is looking awesome Anjl! Wow, what a transformation :-)

Alright, Froffie the frog it is…I think it suits him/her perfectly too!

Phyl, I’m glad you recognize that anger is another part of the grieving process. Going to the cemetery must have brought up all sorts of emotions, so please be gentle with yourself as you go through this process and know it’s okay and you will get through this. I hope you are out enjoying all the new life in your garden…I know this is so helpful for me when I’m down or not feeling well.

yes, my wall is an attrocity! I truly hate it! we planted the trumpet vine about 3 yrs ago and it isnt growing as fast and full as I wanted :o( although it was a tiny lil one stemmed plant when I put it in, I was just hoping that it would have completely covered the wall by now! The wall is 30 feet high and it gets really hot, so trumpet vine was the only thing that Regans suggested we plant there as a fast grower.... oh and because its cement, it gets really cold in the winter.
We cant plant trees there in the lower part of the yard because there is a huge footing for that wall that reaches 10 feet into our yard. The state actually has an easement that goies 10 feet onto our property that we cant build on in case they need to 'service' that ugly wall. It is better than the chain link fence and bushes that were there before. and it does cut down on freeway noise ALOT, but its still ugly! I planted some camelia in the planter box along the wall, not sure how well they will do there when the wall heats up this summer.

I'll have bricks completed today! whoo hoo!

Oh, and the washer is okay after all (at least for the time being! its still old! lol) It was the breaker switch in the wall that was a gonner, not the washer! whoo hoo! I still get to spend money in the garden! LOL! we have a cd that rolls over next month, so we will be remodelling the kitchen and buying the washer/dryer then :o)

k, off to make my herb tippy pots and repot my lemon tree and climbing rose :o) oh and hang the 10 hanging planters that I planted yesterday :o)

Gilmer, TX(Zone 8a)

Phyl, the anger at everyone in the world is normal. I lost my daughter Kristy when she was five. I was so mad at the world, I wouldn't even go anywhere cause I was even mad at blond headed little girls. How crazy is that? Took a while, but God will help you through it. I actually ended up putting my church through all kinds of trouble, cause I took up a crusade to take care of blond 5 year olds who needed it at Christmas. The anger will subside cause you can't maintain and will let it go. The grief won't but you will get where you aren't grieving every minute of every day. You will enjoy life again and your memories will be good and not so painful.

You'll break down still, on her birthday, on special days, things like that. Sometimes for no reason. But God made us so we can go through to the other side. I know it was your mom you lost, but grief is grief when you hurt, so I can feel for you and I'm sure you for me. My family was kinda llike yours. (Are we related lol) I had to be strong for everyone when she died and I had to do it again when I lost my dad and mom. Finally, you just can't do it, so don't. You'll feel like you should, but you don't.!!!

Sorry, but I always think of my dad on Memorial Day, that leads to thinking about Kristy and then my Mom. So, I'm in a mood too!!! Not mad, but lousy. We'll think about each other.

Also, please come on down. I need help fending off all these frogs they are sending down here to drive me crazy. After I got off computer last night reading all the "Slimy" stories, I heard a ton of frogs at my back door. (I swear, I did) Are you sure none of you are from the swamps in Louisiana. Lots of voodoo down there.

lol lorraine at the voo doo! youre the one with the voo doo postman doll!

nannie, I know what you are going thru with your mom, I lost my fathr on fathers day 17 yrs ago. I always go thru a 'stint' around fathers day and his birthday. it was also my sister birthday when he died, so she really goes thru it. I can tell you it subsides some as time goes on, but it will always be there. The anger does go away. I was really angry at my dad for dying, I was only 22 at the time, and I still needed him. It helped when I realized that I wanted him to live because of my own needs, and he needed to go so that he didnt suffer anymore. My dad died from alcoholism, living in a car on the streets, so that brought alot of anger! I told lorraine about one 'anger' stint I had, just after he died, some lady made the mistake of parking in my parking space at my apartments. Now at the time I was 5'2 and weighed about 100 lbs, and she was a big ol gal and thought she could mouth off to me! I had so much anger and that poor lady got the brunt of it all! LOL! I whipped off both of my high heels and chased her car out of the lot, and she kept on mouthing off and I threw my high heels at her, hit her too! LOL! I lost a high heel in the process and then went back to my car and my 2 toddlers were sitting there with big ol eyes and saying... wow mom! way to go! LOLOL! I think thats when they both realized that sweet lil ole mom meant business, cause when I told them to do something, they would just say yes maam and go do it! LOLOL! I really was like a crazy woman in that instance, and that lady never even came back to our appartments :O) all my neighbors were clapping for me lol! and no one messed with me again. but the point is, I'm never violent and usually just brush things off. At least I used that anger and vented it toward someone who deserved some of it. But it opened my eyes to the fact that I needed to deal with the grief instead of stuffing it.

Gilmer, TX(Zone 8a)

Since I've had to listen to all the talk about a slimy tadpole, and had to see the acuall pictures of the thing, lol, here is a couple for ya'll of my sunflowers. The first one looks like the package that says Goldy Honey Bear, so when yours is ready, you'll know. Look up Helianthus annus. (What a dumb last name)

Thumbnail by LorraineR

Anjl - Looks like the Trumpet Vine will cover that wall soon enough. You know what they say ... first year sleep, second year creep, and third year leap! I bet it covers the wall completely by the end of this summer! The hummers will be all over your yard then, if not already! It will look beautiful completely covered with those vines. That's actually kinda neat. I think what floored me about the wall is that it could've been painted one color or something so it would blend in more with the surrounding neighborhood. I understand why it is there and I know it is a God-send to keep the noise level down in your neighborhood. I am just surprised that the city didn't do something to make it look nicer. You were very smart to plant those vines! I still think that the center area would look nice with a small Japanese Maple tree or Redbud tree or some other tree to give your garden area some height and vertical interest. I am starting to appreciate the few trees I have in my yard. And I am even thinking of planting more! I never thought I would say that! But after planting some small blooming ornamental trees in my front yard, I just love how they look.

Oh! What good fortune that your washer is a-ok! I can't wait to see what you buy for the garden! Keep the photos coming! I love all your ideas! :-)

Phyl - {{{{Hugs}}}} I know how hard it is to lose a close family member. :'-(

Happy Memorial Day to everyone! Enjoy your afternoon!

{{{{Hugs}}}} to Lorraine and Anjl ... and I am sure many others here have lost someone close to them. Life ... birth through death ... and everything in-between! I'm sorry for everyone's losses.

Gilmer, TX(Zone 8a)

Jojo, here is a picture of Zekeie in about a year. He and Ian should be buds. See, one is never enough and the training wheels are gone on that little bike. He's 3 and rides about a hundred miles an hour on that thing without training wheels. So, get ready for some more skinned knees on your little "bad boy"

Thumbnail by LorraineR

Phyl all the stages of grief are hard to go through, but it's a natural progression. I know it doesn't make you feel any better at the time, but it's a journey like any other, the potholes just hurt more on this one. Might as well take that anger out on some stubborn weeds or some tree roots, make it work for you! Heck come on down, I've got about 3 miles of yaupon roots that need some attitude!

Lorraine, he even looks a little like Zeke! I haven't had time to get him out in the yard with his new "bikel" (how he says it) so he has been sitting on it all day watching TV, poor little mite! I mowed this morning and I dont like him out there while I'm doing that, too much stuff flying around. Then we had to go to Sams, whew its too darn hot!! As soon as I get all my bulk stuff divided up, I think I'm just gonna make a mess on the kitchen table and build my mini tipsy. I still got mulch to spread, but it's gotta wait a couple of hours.

LOL! Lorraine & Jojo, my son never had training wheels! He inherited his older brothers bike and the trainers had been gone for years, just jumped on it and took off! His dad got mad at me cause HE wanted to teach him to ride.... teach? huh! he never even learned! just took off!

Becky, I am going to start fertilizing that trumpet vine tonight... I hope that helps alot! LOL! Isnt this the trumpet vine that goes wild in your area? I think mine got some frost damage this year, there are three planted and only the one in the center took off. I do have JM"s but the lower level is actually about 5 ft lower than the lattice fence. so any tree would bave to be about 20 feet tall and in a pot to go on the lower level. I have 3 JM's that are in pots in the upper level, just waiting for DH to move that mountain of dirt from my garden so I can decide where to plant them. That should help draw the eye to the garden area and away from that ugly wall! I hope! lol!
Also will have 4 arched arbors in the yard and vines growing up the gym wall to give the upper garden area some height.

I bought a gardenia and another hibiscus today! whoo hoo! I've repotted the rose bush (again) and the lemon meyer, completed my herb tippy pots, and now gotta go plant these bushes and help DH with the bricks :o) I didnt get most of what I wanted to get done, but theres always next weekend! LOL!

LOL anjl, I hope he keeps the trainers on for a while, he can barely reach the pedals, and no where near the ground! If I want grandchildren, we better keep em on LOL, those diapers aren't that padded!

Gilmer, TX(Zone 8a)

So funny. My daughter took hers off before she knew how to stop the bike, so when she wanted to stop, she just ran into a ditch or something. It's a wonder the girl isn't brain dead. Ian is her kid, so guess he got her genes. He looks like her too, and Kaleb looks like Jarrod, who is a lot more careful. Let you guess what kind of Police Officers they are.!!! She's walking around with 20 prisoners on chains behind her. (Yes, she is careful. They are in full belly chains and stuff. Once she had to take off sick and the girl who took her place picked a guy up and he shot her. Didn't kill her, but almost. If k had been working that day, it would have been her!) That make me think!!!! Her too.

Come on JOJO you know you want him to get those wheels off. It's so fun to watch these little guys coming around the house with out them. kAngl, was that your baby boy? Better watch that kid.

Gilmer, TX(Zone 8a)

This is the 3rd time I've tried to send this stinkin picture, so if it times out this time, you don't get to see it. What a loss, huh?

This is a "young" monster sunflower. I am looking way up at it with the camera. Course I'm not but about a quarter inch over 5 ft, so that's probably not that big a deal. It is at least 6 ft, probably more over my head and look at the one to the right that is not blooming yet.
So, ya'll get ready. The aliens are coming, and they are dressed like sunflowers.

Thumbnail by LorraineR

lol, Lorraine, that is my youngest with no training wheels, he also plays football and baseball and hockey :o) so now the energy and brute goes into sports. He does ride a skateboard tho... and does all those tricks on the board and on his bike. you know the tricks that make moms think of broken bones and false teeth? lol! I cant even watch him!
My daughter on the other hand... I swear she tried every thing possible to get a cast! LOL! dirt bikes, football in the street (tackle) etc, etc...I think she was trying for a body cast! LOL! and you couldnt stop that sred-headed determination either.... kinda reminds me of someone I know.... oh ya, it was me! LOL!

Gilmer, TX(Zone 8a)

There you go!! Got it from Mom. I'm not scared of much, but I don't try to break bones, I just try to get my jaw bone broken cause of my big mouth. Someone might help me out someday lol
Go to your d mail and look at your pictures. I think it is so funny.!!

(((( hugs back to all of you ))) I dont think I understood that it was me being angry till this morning. I remember my best friend telling me that after her husband died of brain cancer, she'd drive his truck every so often and it would smell like his aftershave. And the more she drove it, the madder she'd get. I think my trigger was cinnamon. I made another honeybun cake and the memory of my mom thinking cinnamon aggrevated her reflux and being hurt if we brought something to dinner that had it....well...you know the rest. I do appreciate all your kind words. It was therapy to get to ' write it ' as oposed to trying to say it to my dad or friend.
But I sure feel drained today.

After all my belly-achin about no rain, it started storming and the power was off for about 2 hrs so I couldnt work in the yard, watch sappy movies or vacuumn. (ha any excuse NOT to do that) But I walked out to my garden awhile ago and the rain has perked the corn up and I swear my 'maters got taller that quick. My cukes finally broke thru the ground. YAY.
I feel bad because they baled the hay today and it's still in the field. Hay is so expensive now, I hate to see them lose that crop. But we needed rain.

Lorraine, that sulflower grew that tall in the month that Ive been on DG? what are you fertlizing it with =) That's too pretty to be a sunflower. I hope mine in the big garden grow as well.

I'm glad ya'll reminded me about fish emulsion; i NEED to fertilize. as in yesterday.

After all this talk about critters, when I was talking to my young'un today, she told me that they also have an iguana, another small lizzard and the twins had turtles. ( I can never go back there) This on top of 30 plus rabbits, not to mentions hamsters and 4 dogs as big as horses. You girls have more guts than me....i am wimpy, wimpy, wimpy. Although, I was mentally prepared to pick up a baby snake with all the leaves I was raking but I never saw one. (i'm not complaining either )

keep those purty pictures coming...

Gilmer, TX(Zone 8a)

Hey Nan, those sunflowers started coming up about that time, they were planted about 10 days before. My DIL brought us those seeds for the trade and I don't know why they get so big. Hers were so big last year and I used some of her garden soil in my bed this year thinking the sunflowers must like it. ?Guess they do, they are gonna be giants. I think the sunflower it self should be used as a hat, you know put a bow lol

You were talking about your sunf. in the pots looking leggy. I started noticing mine not looking to great and kinda leggy. I took them out of the pot today just to check the roots, and they were so rootbound, it was awful. I could hardly tear thenm apart, but couldn't leave them like that. So I pulled them apart and put them in the ground. So USE A HUGE POT if you use a pot!! Mine were in a 14 pot and just wasn't big enough. I've never seen anything get so many roots so quickly.

okay... where is everyone?! give em all a three day weekend and they are too tired to post on Monday?! LOLOL!

Heres what I did today :o)

built a new tippy pot and transplanted my herbs into the pots.... to make room for more flowers! LOLOL!

Thumbnail by 1AnjL

and then I planted all this in its place :o)

This is the hibiscus I bought last week (bought another and a gardenia today)
and the rest of the plants were in my ghetto nursery... way past time to get them in the ground! LOL! Still have more plants left in the ghetto.... Just havent decided where they will go :o)

Sunny your geranium now has a permanent home :o)

Thumbnail by 1AnjL

oops posted the pix, then realized you cant see the geranium! LOL! its on the left behind the lilies :o)

Mesilla Park, NM

Very nice photos guys.. I haven't read everything, but I will later..

Just wanted to tell you that if you make a bowling ball, be sure to sand it.. I didn't know that, mine were so scratched that I'm hoping they took the silicone for ever..lol I'll post a site that has really neat tips and directions too.

No progress yet on my tippy pots either, will have company for a while but will check in here at least once a day.

This is for Lorraine: I saw a lizard yesterday in my yard, it stood up on his for hands and feet and he looked like a mini dinasaur and ran like a bat out of ..... he was off the ground about 2 inches, I've never seen a lizard like that,... he ran fast.

Anyone know what that was? I've got a bigger one in the yard, but is crawls around, not stand up and run. Lorraine, do you want one..!! If I can catch it.. lol

Don't throw out your small satelite dishes yet, you know those from Direct tv that they remove and leave in your yard??? you can make either a birbbath, or a birdhouse and use it as a roof for a gazebo feeding station.. I'll try to make one soon. and post a photo how to.

A.

Love those sunflowers Lorraine, I can’t wait til mine start blooming (still have awhile to go). Anjl, I think I see the geranium? Maybe? LOL. Your tippy pot hibiscus garden looks like it will fill in really nicely…keep us posted ok? I am still trying to catch up on all the posts from yesterday…so far I’ve mostly been looking at all the pretty pics. Phyl and Lorraine, I do hope you are both feeling better today. Oh, and Gourd…you can send that lizard to me if Lorraine doesn’t want it (although I’m sure she would love to receive “lizard mail” ;-)).

Here’s momma geranium…just starting to bloom, but full of buds

Thumbnail by sunnyg

A “heart”pic from yesterday:

Thumbnail by sunnyg
Gilmer, TX(Zone 8a)

I can asssure you I will be standing at the mailbox waiting for the lizard. With a machine gun and a swat team of lizard haters!!! So come on, let's have it. (Crazy laugh)

Everytime ya'll talk about lizards and frogs, the frogs out back start talking to each other. I think I heard them say, "Getter,,, getter. The only thing I will leave behind is a note saying "They got me" lol

Have to show you more Black eyed susan picture. They are everywhere this year. Here's one little patch and it doesn't look like anything now, but I'm gonna send one in aboaut a month. This is about 12 ft. from my mixed bed and there are about 10 like this in about a half acre. All you see around are "babies" so there will be thousands in a month or so. They really came up this year. Anyway, I know I'm the only wildflower freak, but I l ove them. It's the only justification I have for living in this hot hellhole. LOL

Thumbnail by LorraineR

LOL Anjl ...you shoulda given us a 4 day weekend...one day to rest up from the 3 day. I dont know if it was the rain making my bones ache or what, but I have been useless today. The ground's too wet to do much.

I really liked the herb tower. I think that would be a good way to grow a group of herbs too, like lemon balm , lemon thyme, lemon verbena, etc. or all basils.

Speaking of herbs, do ya'll ever do an herb swap?? Ive sown rosemary, mint, 2 lavenders, cilatro and ( one more...I'll think of it tomorrow) and so far, so good. Everyone's peeking their lil green heads out at me. I'd really like to learn more about herbs.

Sunny...the geranium is very pretty. isnt't there a vining one also? seems like ive seen them in hanging pots. those yellow blooms are pretty too.

oh Lorraine, my sunflowers are doing MUCH better since I quit putting them on the porch each night. our temps were still in the 40's, so I'd pull the pot up against wall, just in case. But they're growing straight up now and look thicker.

I thought I read where a family member of yours had a bunch in one pot so I put 10-12. if they get that many roots, maybe I need to move some of mine out now.

I'm gonna try to fertilize stuff tonight. My great nephew was here today so I cant do stuff like that when he's here.

Post a Reply to this Thread

You must log in and subscribe to Dave's Garden to post in this thread.