Heuchera Crazy? Pictures of My Heucheras

Agawam, MA(Zone 6a)

I went out yesterday and purchased four more heucheras 'Citronelle', 'Fireworks', 'Plum Pudding' & 'Mocha'. I hope you enjoy the pictures. The first one is 'Midnight Rose'.
Debbie
It finally stopped raining in New England!!!

Thumbnail by dlefferts
Agawam, MA(Zone 6a)

Amethyst Myst

Thumbnail by dlefferts
Agawam, MA(Zone 6a)

Blackout

Thumbnail by dlefferts
Agawam, MA(Zone 6a)

Brownie

Thumbnail by dlefferts
Agawam, MA(Zone 6a)

Carmel

Thumbnail by dlefferts
Agawam, MA(Zone 6a)

Citronelle

Thumbnail by dlefferts
Agawam, MA(Zone 6a)

Dolce Creme Brulee

Thumbnail by dlefferts
Agawam, MA(Zone 6a)

Dolce Key Lime Pie

Thumbnail by dlefferts
Agawam, MA(Zone 6a)

Dolce Mocha Mint

Thumbnail by dlefferts
Agawam, MA(Zone 6a)

Fireworks - Correction plant was taged wrong, I think it is anyother Carmel

This message was edited Jun 11, 2008 9:24 AM

Thumbnail by dlefferts
Agawam, MA(Zone 6a)

Foamy Bells

Thumbnail by dlefferts
Agawam, MA(Zone 6a)

Ginger Ale

Thumbnail by dlefferts
Agawam, MA(Zone 6a)

Harvest Burgundy

Thumbnail by dlefferts
Agawam, MA(Zone 6a)

Hollywood

Thumbnail by dlefferts
Agawam, MA(Zone 6a)

Melting Fire

Thumbnail by dlefferts
Agawam, MA(Zone 6a)

Moca

Thumbnail by dlefferts
Agawam, MA(Zone 6a)

Obsidian

Thumbnail by dlefferts
Agawam, MA(Zone 6a)

Palace Purple

Thumbnail by dlefferts
Agawam, MA(Zone 6a)

Plum Pudding

Thumbnail by dlefferts
Agawam, MA(Zone 6a)

Raspberry Regal

Thumbnail by dlefferts
Agawam, MA(Zone 6a)

Silver Scolls & Lime Rickey. Well, this is it for now hope you enjoy the pictures.
Debbie

Thumbnail by dlefferts
Saint Paul, MN(Zone 4a)

Thank you, your plants are beautiful!

Ripon, WI(Zone 4a)

Nice collection. I haven't seen Fireworks anywhere around here yet, but I like it.

Albany, OR(Zone 8a)

Thank you, Debbie ~ was wonderful to browse your beautiful collection!

Yorkshire,

You have such a lovely collection Debbie, thank you for sharing them with us.

Terri

Cleveland Heights, OH(Zone 5b)

That Blackout is gorgeous.

Indianapolis, IN(Zone 5b)

Debbie, that is a sumptuous collection! How old are they?

Here are some link to Fireworks, but they don't look like yours at all. The foliage is purplish on al the pics I saw on the internet. I wonder if it was mismarked when you bought it?

http://aolsearch.aol.com/aol/imageDetails?invocationType=imageDetails&query=heuchera+fireworks&img=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.lucsperennialworld.com%2Fheuchera%2Fthumbnails%2Ffireworks.jpg&site=&host=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.lucsperennialworld.com%2Fheuchera%2Findex.html&width=72&height=99&thumbUrl=http%3A%2F%2Fimages-partners-tbn.google.com%2Fimages%3Fq%3Dtbn%3Aw5qo6YXoRBCriM%3Awww.lucsperennialworld.com%2Fheuchera%2Fthumbnails%2Ffireworks.jpg&b=image%3Fquery%3Dheuchera%2520fireworks

and here's a fuzzy close up:

http://www.plantagogo.com/acatalog/HeucheraFireworksLge.JPG

It's funny, but I would have thought Fireworks would have prominent red flowers because of the name.

Suzy

Agawam, MA(Zone 6a)

Suzy,
You might be right. It certainly doesn't look like the pictures. I will check it out & let you know. I will go back this week to where I purchased it. Thanks for the info.
Debbie

I went out & looked at the plant today & it looked alot like my Carmel.

This message was edited May 29, 2008 11:46 AM

Yorkshire,

Debbie, I've just been looking at your Heuchera pictures again (drooling over them) LOL
Then I had an idea that you might/might not like.
Those large bricks with the holes in that you have edged the Heuchera bed with...would look absolutely stunning if you planted up those holes with Sempervivums. I saw some Semps. planted in a brick at a flower show recently and now I'm out looking for bricks like them to plant up, haha
Not wanting to start you with another addiction of course, and hope you don't mind my suggestion.
Off for another ogle at those beautiful Heucheras :o))

Terri

Thumbnail by Terri1948
Agawam, MA(Zone 6a)

Terri1948,
Great minds think alike. I already filled the bricks with sedum. I'm hoping that the sedum will cover the bricks & make the bricks look like little window boxes. Please let me know what you think.
Debbie

Thumbnail by dlefferts
Agawam, MA(Zone 6a)

Another picture of the bricks filled. My husband put in the bricks as a dividing line between the grass & the garden. I been trying for years to find something that would cover them. Please notice that he hasn't had much luck with the grass.
Debbie

Thumbnail by dlefferts
Yorkshire,

Debbie, they look absolutely BRILLIANT!! I like your idea with the sedums even more than the Sempervivums. They really look as if they were created for those bricks, wouldn't you agree?
I was quite surprised when I saw the things the people at the show had used for growing their Sempervivums. This is not the best of photographs because my camera doesn't like low light levels, but this made me smile and I'm going to have to try it.

Thumbnail by Terri1948
Agawam, MA(Zone 6a)

Terri1948.
Absolutely wonderful. How creative!!! The planters certainly made me smile. You certainly got some great ideas at the garden show.
Debbie

Albany, OR(Zone 8a)

Debbie, that Spurium in the bricks IS beautiful already & gonna be stunning when they all flower!Super idea for and edging, thanks!

Agawam, MA(Zone 6a)

Marea,
Thanks for the complement.
Debbie

Lake Toxaway, NC(Zone 7a)

Where is the best place to buy Huecheras? A stranger and I were examining some plants at the veterinarian's office and saw these. I picked one small stem but no one knew what it is. I have since identified on DG as a huechera, possibly Bressingham Hybrid or Firefly. I have 2 questions:
1.Which one do you think it is (the leaves were mostly green).
2. What is the bet place to buy hucheras?

Thumbnail by woodspirit1
Agawam, MA(Zone 6a)

Woodspirit1,
I just started getting into Heucheras, this year. They come in all colors, shapes & sizes. The best heucheras that I know of are grown by Terra Nova Nurseries Inc. They are a wholesale nursery & breeder of heucheras. Google them & find their web site. They have a site that will let you know of any retail nurseries that carry their products that is near you. I've gotten heucheras at local nurseries, Home Depot, Lowes, etc. Also, try and use plant scout in Dave's Garden to find out any good mail order sites to order from. As far as venturing a quess as to the type of heuchera I would say Bressingham Hybrid, but I would really need to see the leaves. Their are lots of people that are better skilled then I am on this site to help you ID the plant for sure. I just added two more heucheras to my collection, Can Can & Twirling Fantasies. I just can't resist them when I find one. I hope this helps. Hope you don't come addicted as I have.
Debbie

Rehoboth, MA(Zone 5a)

The heucheras I planted a year ago, looked wonderful, this year they are huge with foliage but not blossoms as where the ones I have had for at least thirty year and are in full bloom
I am beginning to worry that they will not and wondering why, any idea why that could be?

Diefferts, it is same as yours with dark foiliage

Rehoboth, MA(Zone 5a)

Here is a picture of one of them, others are the same size

Thumbnail by Maria
(GayLynn) Appleton, WI(Zone 5a)

I have heucheras right now that have had blossoms for weeks and some that are just now starting to get little buds shooting up and some with none at all. I think they flower at different times according to which ones they are. I'm no expert though.

GayLynn

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.