Thumbnail by Shirley1md
Ellicott City, MD(Zone 7a)

A spray of flowers.

Thumbnail by Shirley1md

The first bloom on "Nikolaz Rubtzov".

Thumbnail by Shirley1md

First bloom on "Dr. Ruppel". It's looks a bit anemic to me.

Thumbnail by Shirley1md
Willis, TX(Zone 8b)

How beautiful...I was looking at ordering clematis "Nikolaz Rubtzov"...Love your DoE..how special..keep those beauties a-comin' ........Jeanne

(Zone 4a)

So very pretty!!! Love them all. My Dr Ruppel never seems to have done well for me...not sure if it is slow starter??? This is the 3rd or 4th year I have had it and it has always looked spindly and no blooms??

Sugar Land, TX(Zone 9a)

Beautiful Duchess! Love it!

I just found "Dr. Ruppel" at Lowe's. It is just the first bloom and perhaps they didn't give it the correct type of fertilizer. I'll give it either Rose or Tomato fertilizer and see if it doesn't perk up a bit.

Thanks for your comments.

Stanford, CA(Zone 9b)

Beautiful Shirley. I think that perhaps you got a misnamed Dr. Ruppel at Lowes. Dr. Ruppel is very bright. It's pretty anyway.

That wouldn't surprise me that my so called "Dr. Ruppel" is actually another Clematis. Big box stores are notorious for mislabeling plants and labels can easily get put into the wrong containers. Any ideas who this "surprise" Clematis might be?

Thanks so much, doss!

Willis, TX(Zone 8b)

Shirley..what growing conditions do you have clematis "Duchess of Edinburg"? ..Jeanne

The Duchess is in light shade. It is growing up the support of my 2 story deck. It is easily 10-12 ft tall.

Willis, TX(Zone 8b)

Great..I was thinking that it would need more shade..ESPECIALLY in my hot zone of 8B..thanks hon for your advice on this...hugzzzz...Jeanne

My pleasure! :~)

Denton, TX(Zone 7b)

All just gorgeous, Shirley. Especially the Duchess. I love flowers that have that green coloring. I wish there was a clematis that has a blend of pale yellow, green and pink. There is a beautiful rose that has that coloring called Charles Aznavour.

I'll have to check out that Rose. I love the combination of pale yellow, green and pink. It's very soothing colors. Thanks rosethyme.

Dallas, OR(Zone 8a)

Waiting for the moment of their arrival... hoping very soon. First blooms at my house on this clematis. Will post with bloom soon.

Thumbnail by BeaHive
Denton, TX(Zone 7b)

Shirley, another rose colored like Charles Aznavour is called Summer Fashion. Yes, that is my favorite color combination, too.

Do you grow the clematis Lemon Chiffon? I've seen photos where it has some pale yellow with a touch of pink. Mostly though it seems to be just a white clematis. I have thought about getting it but I have so many whites.

"Anticipation is making me wait...." BeaHive: Which Clematis bud are you showing us?

rosethyme: Thanks for the info on the Rose. I'll be sure to check them both out.

I did grow Clematis "Lemon Chiffon" http://davesgarden.com/guides/pf/showimage/107448/ but it was a 'no show' last year. I remember mine had white tepals and yellowish center. It grew in light shade. Perhaps a 'touch of pink' was brought out with more light.

Dallas, OR(Zone 8a)

The Clematis buds are from" Crystal Fountain" which I purchased from Silver Star Vinery. This is such a healthy plant that I just Purchased and put in the ground about a month ago. Looking forward to the bloom.

I look forward to seeing your pictures of "Crystal Fountain" in bloom. It's so wonderful that everyone's Clematis are getting into full bloomin' mode!

Louisville, KY

I liked this one. It is just finishing up. It was a Lowes special.

Thumbnail by timeinabottle
Stanford, CA(Zone 9b)

Your Lowe's special is sure a prolific bloomer. Stunning.

Dallas, OR(Zone 8a)

Unexpected bloom found hiding today a few inches from the ground tucked under a rose bush. Nice surprise!

Thumbnail by BeaHive
Willis, TX(Zone 8b)

I love those "Lowe's" Specials...Jeanne

Plainwell, MI(Zone 5b)

My best year for my clematis... Its in the front yard and I get many ooohs and aahhhhs!!!! I love it.. Do not know the names sorry.... I always thought they were so hard to grow but wrong..... EASY. Have a great day. Ronna

Thumbnail by gardenlady123
Willis, TX(Zone 8b)

The pink looks like Clematis "Asao"..but would need a closer-up pic of the white to determine from seeing its anthers and connectives and tepals...Jeanne

Beautiful pictures everyone! Keep them coming!!

Mount Laurel, NJ(Zone 7a)

I love the Duchess of Edinburgh ...just added it to my mile long wish list :)

(Arlene) Southold, NY(Zone 7a)

'Fireworks' from the sweetest clematis person ever.

Thumbnail by pirl

Montana Grandiflora with Pink Champagne on the dog's fence.

Thumbnail by pirl

Two at the top of the Obelisk - the blue may be Ramona and the lighter one is Blue Moon.

Thumbnail by pirl

Nameless at the front of the Obelisk.

Thumbnail by pirl

At the other end of the dog's fence is the ever present (and ever taking over) montana Grandiflora with Liberation. I'm in love with Liberation. It was one of those end of season plants purchased at $2.99 at a local Agway many years ago.

Thumbnail by pirl

Good reliable Multi Blue.

Thumbnail by pirl

Amazing how Nelly Moser took off after I removed a Butterfly Bush blocking the sun!

Thumbnail by pirl
Denton, TX(Zone 7b)

They are all just beautiful, Pirl! Now Liberation is on my wish list. Want Fireworks too!

When do clematis sales start...I need a fix, lol.

Thank you. I have 10 in pots now so I'm hoping I don't see any sales! My wish list is always getting longer. The one I really want to see in bloom is 'Oshomiro'. It's year two here so I'll try to be patient. (no other choice!)

Denton, TX(Zone 7b)

Yes, Oshomiro is a beauty...pretty rare, too. I started to get that from Brushwood but had so many ordered from them already. They have such nice plants.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.