Palm Bay, FL(Zone 9b)

Green Shadow opening

Thumbnail by cat4gp
Palm Bay, FL(Zone 9b)

India

Thumbnail by cat4gp
Palm Bay, FL(Zone 9b)

Lady in Waiting.
I moved her over the winter. Seems she likes her new spot :)

Thumbnail by cat4gp
Palm Bay, FL(Zone 9b)

Liz

Thumbnail by cat4gp
Palm Bay, FL(Zone 9b)

Louise Bennett

Thumbnail by cat4gp
Palm Bay, FL(Zone 9b)

Medicine Man

Thumbnail by cat4gp
Palm Bay, FL(Zone 9b)

Miss Fantasy

Thumbnail by cat4gp
Palm Bay, FL(Zone 9b)

Nightmare

Thumbnail by cat4gp
Palm Bay, FL(Zone 9b)

Patricia Merritt

Thumbnail by cat4gp
Palm Bay, FL(Zone 9b)

Pele's Fountain

Thumbnail by cat4gp
Palm Bay, FL(Zone 9b)

Ring of Fire

Thumbnail by cat4gp
Palm Bay, FL(Zone 9b)

Simple Pleasures

Thumbnail by cat4gp
Palm Bay, FL(Zone 9b)

Stolen Kiss

Thumbnail by cat4gp
Palm Bay, FL(Zone 9b)

Think Pink

Thumbnail by cat4gp
Palm Bay, FL(Zone 9b)

Tomahawk in her summer form

Thumbnail by cat4gp
Palm Bay, FL(Zone 9b)

Voodoo Magic

Thumbnail by cat4gp
Palm Bay, FL(Zone 9b)

Voodoo Queen
Early in the morning

Thumbnail by cat4gp
Palm Bay, FL(Zone 9b)

Whirligig
in her new home. She loves it in the shade!

Thumbnail by cat4gp
Jacksonville, FL(Zone 9a)

Oh wow, they are all so pretty; I love the Whirlygig and I think Green Shadow is going to be very special too. I can't wait until my Campfire Girl blooms that color again. I was getting the baby "you know what" greenish tint on my flowers, thank goodness for warm weather again. LOL..

Tulsa, OK

Great pictures!! Karen - I didn't know Rum Runner had a petaloid - how pretty! I've been wanting one of those! Wow with Holly's Pride Alice - does the bloom hold up well on the plant? Cat stunning collection as always - I really like Barry Schlueter (sigh - I miss him here!!) - My Simple Pleasures is going thru some stress - I'm praying it makes it - our weather is warming nicely and there's still green in the stems etc. so hopefully it'll perk up soon! What a beautiful display of hibbies gals!!

Jacksonville, FL(Zone 9a)

Gosh shopper, I just want to say *gotcha* LOL; you are hooked like the rest of us now.

Surprisingly, that Holly's Pride flower did stand up which, considering it's size, was unusual. Normally the flowers are smaller on that one for me.

Good luck with your Simple Pleasures, I bet it will bounce right back for you.

Nederland, TX(Zone 9a)

WOW!!! All are so beautiful!!!

San Bernardino, CA(Zone 8b)

Alice, both Zoey and Black Dragon are lovely.  It's gonna be a while before my BD blooms again, so I can look at yours with total envy!!
Cat, simply gorgeous as always!!  I can hardly pick a favorite, although I think it's Whirligig - that's a beauty!  I'm so anxious for my Green Shadow to bloom, yours looks great.  So glad you posted your pics, I've missed seeing them lately - I think I might be addicted to hibiscus ;-)

Okay Robert, where are your blooms - I'm so in love with those group shots you've been posting!

Ultimateshopper, so glad you've joined our club of hibiscus junkies ;-)  For your plant stress, if the plant is just not waking up for spring as quickly as it might, you could try the Wake-Up Spray sold by www.hiddenvalleyhibiscus.com.  A lot of my plants have been going through the same thing and I've been using that spray by the ton - it really does help.  I used it last year too...karen

Lewisburg, KY(Zone 6a)

Stunning pics! Where do you guys buy your plants? I want to try one.
A daylily/iris/hosta junkie :)

Teresa

Dublin, CA(Zone 9a)

I get almost all of mine from one of these three places: www.hibiscusplace.com , www.hypnoticblooms.net , and www.hiddenvalleyhibiscus.com Also in case you didn't know, most of the ones people post pics of around here are tropicals so you'll have to bring them in for the winter. There are some species of hardy hibiscus too, but they don't come in nearly the range of colors that the tropicals do.

Chariton, IA(Zone 5b)

Awesome pictures, you all. I'm still in love with Curly Top. My hibiscus didn't do well over the winter. It was a big disappointment. I'll see if I can hold over those that survived, again this winter, and if I get it all figured out, I'll start again.

This message was edited May 23, 2008 12:52 PM

Lewisburg, KY(Zone 6a)

AWESOME!

San Bernardino, CA(Zone 8b)

Echoing Liz's suggestion, I get all my hibiscus from those three places as well :-)

Welcome to the wonderful world of Hibiscus addiction ;-)

karen

Palm Bay, FL(Zone 9b)

Brugie,
Do you need our help in reviving your babies? What is going on with them?
Cat

Chariton, IA(Zone 5b)

Cat, they are past reviving. It's called DEAD! LOL! It's okay. I really had more than I could take care of anyway. Thanks tho. I'm sure I'll yell for help this fall.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.