Is There Anyone Near Me? Knoxville MD 21758

Pleasant Valley, MD(Zone 6a)

Most people have never heard of Knoxville Maryland..but its very close to Harpers Ferry West VA Brunswick MD.

I'm a small mostly organic perennial grower here and would love to get in on the action around here.

I also have plants I'd be willing to trade as well....I'm just not sure how to go about posting and where..

Anne Arundel,, MD(Zone 7b)

I think miatablu is in Brunswick.
I think you can put yourself in the GoGardening listings if you haven't yet. under Guides and Info?
Welcome- just dive in anywhere that looks interesting! There's a Mid Atlantic Roll Call thread that a lot o us have written about ourselves on.

Frederick, MD(Zone 6b)

Welcome! I'm not too far away from you either, just up the road on the south edge of Frederick. Check out the threads for the swap next Saturday (the 24th), and come if you can! :-)

You can't talk business on the forums (AUP rules), but if you have a website, be sure to put it on your homepage! And definitely make sure you're in Go Gardening if you're a retailer.

Shenandoah Valley, VA

Why don't you come to the swap at Bec's house this Saturday if you want to swap? She's a little way east of Manassas VA, not terribly far for you.

Couldn't find the main thread about it but here's the other thread.

http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/833270/

You can also post plants you have to trade by mail in the plant trading forum.

Brunswick, MD(Zone 6b)

Heya neighbor, welcome to DG! I live in Brunswick right around the corner from you, or should I say the circle at the Sheetz. If you can't make the swap this weekend, you should definitely try to make whatever might be planned next. We have a great group of people here. You'll never want for plants or food at these events. Maybe we can meet up sometime.

Bobbie

Lucketts, VA(Zone 7a)

I'm brand new to DG. I live in Lucketts, VA - about 4 miles south of the Point of Rocks Bridge and fairly close to Brunswick and Frederick. I'd love to meet folks around this area that are gardening enthusiasts! terri

Frederick, MD(Zone 6b)

Oh, I know Lucketts! I drive through there on my way down to Leesburg, going to Dulles and other points south...

What are you doing this Saturday (the 24th)? Maybe you could join us at Becky's for the swap gathering... check out the organization and have/want threads on the MidAtlantic forum! I need to check with a couple of people to see what final plans are, so I don't know at the moment if there's still a seat available... but if it turns out that we don't have 4 people, I'd be glad to swing by for you!

Lucketts, VA(Zone 7a)

Critterologist thanks for the offer! I've never been to a swap and have not yet ventured into propogation, so I don't have have any plants to share for Saturday. But I'd love to join in, see what a swap is all about, and meet some of the mid-atlantic crowd. I checked out the swap thread, and I'll post something to Becky to make sure it is all right to come without plants to share. I can definitely bring food!! If it turns out that a seat is available, it would be great to catch a ride with you. If not, I'll get directions and see you there. terri

Frederick, MD(Zone 6b)

Hooray!! Having plants to share isn't a requirement... gatherings like this are as much about just getting together & visiting, and there are always extra plants looking for homes. Be sure to post on the haves/wants thread if there are things you're interested in... with space being a consideration, I might not bring extras of some stuff if people aren't posting that they could use it.

I'll check to see if my other friend is still going to be able to join us and let you know for sure ASAP about riding down. :-)

Brunswick, MD(Zone 6b)

That's great Terri! Trust me, even though you won't have any plants to take, don't be shy about asking for wants. By the end of the the swap people will be begging you to take this or that and shoving plants in your hands and walking away before you have a chance to hand it back :)

Sequim, WA(Zone 8a)

Lucketts is where the cool store is at with all the plant trellises??? Love that place!!

Lucketts, VA(Zone 7a)

Yep. I live 2 miles from there. Thanks for the warm welcome - I'm so glad it is ok that I don't have plants to share this go-round!!! I received your dmail with the address so I'll be able to drive to the swap if the ride with critter doesn't work out. I'm really looking forward to this :) terri

Shenandoah Valley, VA

Yipeee! So glad you can come. Of course plants aren't required. Just let us know what plants you want to take home with you. There's something in the garden gene that makes us want to foist plants on everyone. LOL

Frederick, MD(Zone 6b)

LOL... you can use some of my plants for "swap credit"... DH was looking at my growing list and at the flats earmarked for the swap and asking me with some concern, "You're not planning to bring back this many in return, right?" I've got you and Bobbie in the car for sure, still need to get a confirmation from Theresa (she's got some family stuff going on but is hoping she can make it). We'll start the party on the way down! :-)

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.