Mini coop plants are here!!

Shenandoah Valley, VA

I think they look really good, especially considering their cross country trip. They were very carefully packed. I took everything out of the boxes immediately except the astilbes. I was expecting bundles of bareroot plants with those. I just peeked but it looks to me like each astilbe is individually wrapped with peat and has bigger than my fist sized bundle at the bottom.

I took some photos of everything but the astilbes. I'll download those later. Kind of a busy day today and I wasn't expecting the plants to arrive until Thursday.

Nothing was dry so I just misted them a little. I'll be sure to keep a good eye on them.

Happy is having kind of a busy time too and we'll let everyone know about how to pay her later. I can tell you shipping is going to be 50 cents per plant if you want to start adding up your totals.

Shenandoah Valley, VA

Here's the plants. The hakone grass and the geraniums Roxanne.

Thumbnail by hart
Shenandoah Valley, VA

Brunneras and hellebores in the front, pulmonarias and heleniums in the back. The brunneras and pulmonarias have some brown leaves but all the plants have at least some green leaves. Nothing looks dead although it's hard to show in the photos.

Thumbnail by hart
Shenandoah Valley, VA

Closer shot of the brunneras

Thumbnail by hart
Shenandoah Valley, VA

Asters

Thumbnail by hart
Shenandoah Valley, VA

Hellebores

Thumbnail by hart
Shenandoah Valley, VA

Hellebores and achillea in the front, coreopsis and asters in the back

Thumbnail by hart
Shenandoah Valley, VA

I moved the hakone grass into the sun for a minute to show the color better.

Thumbnail by hart
Shenandoah Valley, VA

Nobody seeing this?

Frederick, MD(Zone 6b)

WOW!!!

I came inside for a coffee break (hmm, lookit the time, maybe a sandwich too while I'm here, LOL)... I can't believe these photos... Those plants look FABULOUS!

Hart, thank you so much for doing this co-op for us!

:-)

Shenandoah Valley, VA

Aren't they nice? I was thrilled when I opened the boxes. There are so many coops being done with Terra Nova in the regular coops. I wish everyone could see how much bigger these plants are than the ones from Terra Nova.

Thank Happy. She's doing the hard part. LOL

Frederick, MD(Zone 6b)

THANK YOU, Happy!

Actually, I think both of you are doing a big job with this, and we really, really appreciate it!!

Baltimore, MD(Zone 7a)

Wow!

I can't wait.

How do I pay you for these? Gita is picking up my order.

Blessings on your garden,
Elf

Shenandoah Valley, VA

Wait until Happy posts what she wants us to do. She has some family things going on this week so might not get to it right away.

Elf, did you see my thread about the cheap stargazers?

Sequim, WA(Zone 8a)

Fabulous!

Chevy Chase, MD(Zone 7a)

They do look great!

Laurel, MD(Zone 7a)

Just stumbled across this thread and am most happy to see the plants looking so good. Thank you both.
Shirley

Shenandoah Valley, VA

They're perking up after a few days out of the boxes. Some are noticably growing. I think they're enjoying the nice, soft rain we're having today but I got drenched last night running out to put them under the tables when we got a heavy downpour.

Frederick, MD(Zone 6b)

Bless your heart! Thank you for taking such good care of those babies. :-)

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.