Anyone else's Stimulus check MIA?

Middle of, VA(Zone 7a)

According to the IRS schedule http://www.irs.gov/irs/article/0,,id=180250,00.html
(since I filed electronically back in Feb) mine should've been direct deposited last Friday. Not there!! My sister said the same thing...she should've rec'd hers - but didn't. NO neither of us owes anything to the state or fed... Has anyone heard anything about a delay?

Bessemer, AL(Zone 8b)

i got mine last friday

Brunswick, MD(Zone 6b)

A friend at work was supposed to have her's by direct deposit, but they mailed it instead. Don't know why.

Bessemer, AL(Zone 8b)

mine was direct deposit

Middle of, VA(Zone 7a)

Is there a way to confirm if it was/or is going to be mailed? If mine was mailed were looking at another month...ugh!!!

Brunswick, MD(Zone 6b)

Just checked with her and she hasn't got it yet. She got a notice in the mail that she would get a check for so much by a certain date that hasn't come up yet. She said you can go to irs.gov and look under where's my stimulus. Why they can't send the check if they're able to send a letter saying when you'll get a check is beyond me.

Brunswick, MD(Zone 6b)

Here's where she went to check her's.

To find the schedule.
http://www.irs.gov/irs/article/0,,id=180250,00.html

To find out status.
https://sa2.www4.irs.gov/irfof/IRServlet?app=IRACTC

Hope this helps.

Middle of, VA(Zone 7a)

I had just found something that helped but your links were awesome!!! Silly me had the fees automatically taken out...which sadly means mine will be mailed...ugh!!!

Desoto, TX(Zone 8a)

Thank you for posting the link as I had just come from the website and couldn't find it. As usual, red tape, read between the lines, etc., etc., etc.

LouC

(Bre) Sellersville, PA(Zone 7a)

Hello. I saw your post - Im not from Mid Atlantic but I feel your pain - we were suppose to get ours last fri and it never came either! Did you see somewhere that if you have the fees auto taken out that you get a check?
We used Turbo tax, got it directly deposited but had turbo taxes fees taken out...
Thanks so much!
bre

Brunswick, MD(Zone 6b)

Oh dear, so sorry :( Hope you didn't spend yours before you got it like my friend did; ie, she spent her rent check and was going to use this when the rent came due :-0

Glad to help LouC

Desoto, TX(Zone 8a)

Mine may be forever in limbo. Used Turbo-Tax, paid the fee myself, but had the whole $104.00 return applied to 2008. Now that ought to really loose it. No answer for that one.

LouC

Middle of, VA(Zone 7a)

Yepper...had my fees taken out too....soooo it'll be another month according to their schedule....SO wish I'd known this - won't go into gory details.

(Bre) Sellersville, PA(Zone 7a)

Ugh! Dont you love it? They track you down fast if you under pay by .10 but if its to give you money ... it takes forever.
Yikes, I would be tempted to spend it before it comes (esp. with starting new gardens) but would never trust "them" enough to actually do so...

Good luck everyone! Hopefully they really mess up and pay you double (and you dont have to pay it back)!!
bre

Laurel, DE(Zone 7a)

I used TaxACT.com and had the fee taken out of my return, but my direct deposit hit the bank today. Strange.

Anne Arundel,, MD(Zone 7b)

so sorry-- I know we were scraping for that deposit this month-got it electronically
our Italian Economic Stimulus Check LOL

central, NJ(Zone 6b)

Mine was direct deposited last week. I got a letter yesterday telling me to expect it by the 12th. DUH!!! How much it cost to send those letters out???

Bessemer, AL(Zone 8b)

mine was deposited on the 9. got a ltter yesterday that said it would be deposited on the 9. a little late, huh?

Anne Arundel,, MD(Zone 7b)

we got the 'late' notice too- sheesh

Laurel, DE(Zone 7a)

I heard on the radio this afternoon that the IRS 'forgot' to give about 350,000 families the $300/child payment, so they'd be sending checks for the rest of the money out by July. Oops!

Desoto, TX(Zone 8a)

By the time they get through it will cost the taxpayer additional millions for all the bumbling stupidity. The media makes out that this is a gift. I believe it is our money to begin with. sheeessshh

Sterling, VA(Zone 6b)

Yea...I know it is just my own money that they are giving back to me but I was happy to get my money deposited today!

- Brent

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.