Our first child of the year has arrived.....

Piedmont, AL(Zone 7b)

You can see her but tippy toe in and take a quick look..... I don't want to disturb her, she's still growing and her petals aren't quite what they should be yet......I'm not one of those kinds of parents that is already choosing a college for her, she can go wherever she wants when the time comes........:)

What's her name you ask?.....We're calling her Mango Meadowbrite after my wife's crazy.....ah never mind......:)

Paul from Alabama

Thumbnail by PaulFromAL
South/Central, FL(Zone 9a)

Look at those long eyelashes, and that pretty eye. : ) She sure is special, and very pretty. : )
~Lucy

Piedmont, AL(Zone 7b)

Lucy.....You know I've always said you have good taste and know a beautiful child when you see one........:)

What really will be good, is when she brings you some grandbabies. Grandbabies are always welcome, and wonderful. : )

Piedmont, AL(Zone 7b)

A valid point Lucy......But will the chidlren come true from seed is the question....I ain't raising somebody elses kids.......:)

Paul from Alabama

Appleton, WI(Zone 5a)

I will find out in a few months - my seedlings from Pixie Meadowbright will flower then.

I like MM - barely makes it through here.

Piedmont, AL(Zone 7b)

Good luck with yours bigcityal.......I think them folks at the Chicago Botanic Gardens are on to some good things....If you'd like check this link out, it seems to have some good info on your Pixie.....

http://www.mobot.org/gardeninghelp/plantfinder/plant.asp?code=C673

Paul from Alabama

Appleton, WI(Zone 5a)

Thanks Paul - I have grown it for a few years now - these were from seeds collected from it. One thing I have noticed about the Meadowbrights is they must have a heavier amout of E. tennesennesis(sp) in them since they have much more of the straplike leaves compared to Terra Novas or Big Sky's.

Thumbnail by bigcityal

Ahhh Paul, you could adopt those little ones. lol : ) I was adopted, and look how well I turned out. : )

Piedmont, AL(Zone 7b)

OK BlueGlancer......drawing up the papers even as we speak.......:)

Milton, MA(Zone 6a)

Wait, Al, that Pixie picture is grown from seed, even though "plants do not come true from seed"?

Appleton, WI(Zone 5a)

Carrie - No, that is the mother - the babies will flower in July here.

Watertown, WI(Zone 5a)

I'm jealous! Our babies won't appear for another couple months here in Wisconsin. Although the greenhouse-grown 'Coconut Lime' I just purchased has a bud already.

Milton, MA(Zone 6a)

Oh, oh, OK, I'll calm down. I was thinking, I just missed a perfectly good winter sowing season!, but the jury is still out? I may have to break down and actually purchase some. (And DH will say "what? I thought I wasn't supposed to buy any more Coneflowers!" And then we'll have the quality vs. quantity talk again.)

Putnam County, IN(Zone 5b)

Oh, she is sooo pretty! We are expecting the arrival of our first here real soon. Her name is Ruby Star!

Piedmont, AL(Zone 7b)

nanny.......Nothing like a first child......I have had many, but what I am telling you for.....Like me we have both had one every year......:)

Me being a male and all and having this child I thought surely CNN would contact me for the story but so far only the Cartoon Channel.....:)

carrie..."what? I thought I wasn't supposed to buy any more Coneflowers!"....Gee carrie, that sounds so familiar, where on earth could I have heard it before........:)

" And then we'll have the quality vs. quantity talk again.".....Do like I do carrie, when you have that talk flee from the room crying hysterically, works for me every time.......:)

Paul from Alabama

Putnam County, IN(Zone 5b)

LOL! You are hysterical!!

Piedmont, AL(Zone 7b)

nanny...That's about the nicest thing you could say to me.....no joke, no lol......I'm glad you get a giggle at my goings on....I hope we both laugh at life for a long long time......

Paul from Alabama

Milton, MA(Zone 6a)

Isn't that kind of the point, to laugh when it rains and you need sun, laugh when you have 10,000 Coreopsis seedlings in a bed designed for none, and laugh when the tall plants are in front of the short plants so you can't see the short plants?

Piedmont, AL(Zone 7b)

carrie....In a word or a few words....Ain't it the truth.....:)

as far as the tall plants in front of the short plants....I know how to fix your problem young lady....and its this....Teach your plants to read, read the books on perennials, read the tags they come with, so they'll know how tall or short to be!!!....I know what you're going to say carrie.....You've always heard some folks from Alabama were a few cards short, well I got a full deck.......:)

Paul from Alabama

Milton, MA(Zone 6a)

It's DH who can't read, Paul! This year he has sworn not to add anything unless I say it's ok. He gets all the blame - at least, that's my story and I'm sticking to it, young man!

Piedmont, AL(Zone 7b)

carrie its like you and me was twins kinda...the way we think alike......:)......I know that's a scary thought but it was just a figure of speech carrie.....CARRIE?....where'd you go?.......:)

Paul from Alabama

Milton, MA(Zone 6a)

I'm right here, buddy. You ok? Take it easy, take some deep breaths.

Piedmont, AL(Zone 7b)

You know what....You're a good sport......nuff said......

Paul from Alabama

Milton, MA(Zone 6a)

Wait.... does that mean I'm supposed to be quiet?

Carrie

Piedmont, AL(Zone 7b)

good lord no...it means you are good at having a good laugh with others.......are you nuts?....why in the world would I say something like that....good gawd woman......:)

Piedmont, AL(Zone 7b)

Somebody that never shuts up telling somebody else be quiet......surely you jest.....I was kidding of course.....I'd never say something like to anyone, "be quiet"........I don't come here to do stuff like that.....no joke

Paul from Alabama

Milton, MA(Zone 6a)

Thank goodness, Paul. I've been shushed before. But just now, I was mostly kidding and then my mother called. . . you know. And I'm glad to see I've grown from a girl into a woman ^_^ about time, some would say!

This message was edited May 16, 2008 8:19 PM

Piedmont, AL(Zone 7b)

You know what....I'm 59 years old.....sometimes I act like and feel like a kid....sometimes not but glad I still can act like a kid and hope I can still can when I'm 69 and 79......:)
Let's call you a young lady and leave it at that.......:)

Paul from Alabama

Garner, NC(Zone 7b)

The Paul and Carrie Entertainment Channel, LOL! Hadda let y'all know that I'm loving lurking and laughing:->> Twin sons of different mothers, uhhh, sorry Carrie;>
Bev

Piedmont, AL(Zone 7b)

Bev.....I don't mind telling you that listening in to private conversations in a public forum is very, very rude.......:)

Paul from Alabama

Garner, NC(Zone 7b)

And snorting and laughing is even more rude!! Guilty as charged;-> See, now I am a repeat offender!

Piedmont, AL(Zone 7b)

Well we'll let it go this time, you being from NC which is kinda like being from Alabama but your mountains are mountains and our mountains are.....well smaller.......:)

Paul from Alabama

Milton, MA(Zone 6a)

OK, I'm awake now, and having a public/private conversation about a third party without her consent on a public - well, it's subscriber only so it's not TOTALLY public - forum is even ruder! LOL, you guys are fun to wake up to, since DH works an overnight on Fri nights/Sat mornings!!!!

Aren't we supposed to be talking about coneflowers? Ahh, never mind me, I'm a party pooper from way back. (Remember that song take-off "every party needs a pooper, ♫ that's why you invited me, party ♫ pooper, party pooper ♫.")

Carrie

Milton, MA(Zone 6a)

And our mountains are, ahem, well, my favorite radio station is WGBH, which broadcasts from the top of the highest natural spot in the vicinity, The Great Blue Hill, and I live right off of Blue Hill Ave. So our mountains are hills, so what?

Piedmont, AL(Zone 7b)

No doubt about it.....Gonna have to see about changing carrie's musical repertoire.....:)

OK carrie's right......I'm going out to the garden now and take a picture of my first bloom on Kim's Knee High and a Mango that's going bonkers on me....brb.

Paul from Alabama

Piedmont, AL(Zone 7b)

Hope this works.....

http://gallery.mac.com/sinai#100101

Paul from Alabama

Garner, NC(Zone 7b)

Glad you're up, Carrie:-) We hated discussing you behind your back in a public forum, lol! About coneflowers...humm, er yes...

Going outside to plant, and plant, and well, you know...Lurk at ya later!

Milton, MA(Zone 6a)

Sigh . . . . do you know how to post them straight to a thread ? I AM GETTING OUT OF BED, NOW!

Garner, NC(Zone 7b)

Oh, yeah Paul, it worked. Purty stuff! I must have that Mango Meadowbright. Must...Nice with the blue/purples.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.