VA Get Together Pot Luck

MD &, VA(Zone 7b)

as requested, here is the thread :)

I will have paper plate, cups, silverware. Will also have a few other goodies as well.

This is what I know will be here:
pulled pork & sandwich buns
fruit tray
cheese/cracker tray
macaronni salad
potato salad
eggrolls
brownies
black bean quinoa

maybe:
chili
chips/cookies/nuts etc

Beverages:
coke
diet coke
sweet iced tea
water

This message was edited Jun 5, 2008 2:39 PM

Virginia Beach, VA

From bellieg AkA Bellie

Frozen eggrolls and will fry at Jody's
sweet and sour sauce
a surprise depending on time!! Bellie

Raleigh, NC

bringing something non-perishable as we're traveling several hours - I'll update this later with more detail, and when I know how many are coming with.

Temperanceville, VA(Zone 7a)

JODY,

i CAN BRING SOME POTATO SALAD. PAM

Crozet, VA

Hmmm......will have to think on it.

Ruby

MD &, VA(Zone 7b)

no worries ruby. you and bonjon will both be staying in hotels and I sure don't expect ya'll to have to try to lug around food or coolers :) We'll have plenty.

Crozet, VA

Sounds good to me.

Ruby

Laurel, DE(Zone 7a)

Brownies! And a black bean & quinoa salad (sounds weird, tastes yummy!). Maybe some chili if I can figure out what to transport it in.

Crozet, VA

Kubi, in order for me to partake of your quinoa salad, I will need to know what quinoa is? ha-ha Do tell. But it does sound interesting.

Ruby

Laurel, DE(Zone 7a)

Everybody asks me that! Haha!

Quinoa is a South American grain crop that's really high in protein and essential amino acids and minerals and stuff like that. So-- health food! But it's good health food. There's more info here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Quinoa

Crozet, VA

I am looking forward to tasting the quinoa salad. I love trying new things. I am not sure what I will bring. Probably something along the lines of chips, crackers, nuts and other snack foods that are also easy to transport. Yum, yum. Gonna be fun.

Ruby

MD &, VA(Zone 7b)

just edited the first post with what I know will be here :)

Newport News, VA(Zone 7b)

I don't know, but will shop later tonight...how about some baked beans!? I can throw them into the crock pot tonight.

Laura

MD &, VA(Zone 7b)

What ever is easiest for you. I know it's tough to bring food when you're traveling.

Newport News, VA(Zone 7b)

Baked Beans it is, they'll be cool, rather than hot, but easy to fix and easy to transport!

See you tomorrow ladies!

Laura

Crozet, VA

Everything that was there was really yummy!!! Thank you to all who contributed.

Ruby

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.