May blooms and lots of fun!

Taft, TX(Zone 9a)

That sinningia guttata is to die for! Not one single seed came up that I ordered from Mauro. I am getting lousy with seed. Bonnie said she would send a cutting of her and then I will have the plant.

I know it will be another two weeks, Jan but I am saving you the most compact streps baby plants for you.........loving the blooms on Fernwood's Minuet......

Also, Thumbelina stays compact..........saving one for you...............

(Zone 1)

I see on Rob's site that he has a Sinn. guttata for sale on his Specials page: http://www.robsviolet.com/special_offers1.htm

He also has that Sinn. Bewitched which I have been eyeing for so long! It says it's a compact grower which with the space limitations I have would be great!

Taft, TX(Zone 9a)

Lin, on one of those compulsive-obsessive days I have, I ordered 30 new sinningias..............if I can get through this weekend, I am going to start propagating these I have so I can share........but I am headed straight to Rob's Barn to see what he has. Thanks for the heads up!

(Zone 1)

Gail, you amaze me! You have a botanical garden to call your own! My goodness, you ordered 30 Sinningia's and now you are going to look at Rob's? I think you need a garden fairy to put mittens on your hands so you aren't able to type! LOL.

Aaah ... I do understand the compulsion, good thing I have my hubby to keep me in check or you'd have a twin!

If I ever ordered 30 of any kind of plant at one time I'm afraid he'd be telling me to go back to work! hmm ... I guess I could find a job in a garden department somewhere! ^_^ Think I'd have a paycheck each week?

Taft, TX(Zone 9a)

Just in case you think that I have extra money, think again..........I don't.........but look at it this way. I will have lots of sinningias to propagate for awhile. I did go to Rob's and see those two "to die for" plants. Darth Vadar and Sinningia guttata...........wowzer...............but then I started looking at everything else, too (LOL) and I can't do that!

(Zone 1)

LOL, they sure make it hard though with those pictures, don't they?

Taft, TX(Zone 9a)

To avoid paying bills I decided to take some pics this afternoon (LOL)

Remember the sinningia that Jan grew from seed. She is still in her solo cup (I am repotting tonight) and she opened up her first bloom today..........

Thumbnail by gessiegail
Taft, TX(Zone 9a)

and now a different angle

Thumbnail by gessiegail
Taft, TX(Zone 9a)

Sinningia Gabriel's Horn is blooming again

Thumbnail by gessiegail
Taft, TX(Zone 9a)

Sinningia Ozark's First Born has her first bloom

Thumbnail by gessiegail
Taft, TX(Zone 9a)

Sinningia Amizade (grown from seed by Jan) is opening more blooms each day........

Thumbnail by gessiegail
Taft, TX(Zone 9a)

Ozark Red Lightning (but she has a lot of hot pink in her, too)

Thumbnail by gessiegail
Taft, TX(Zone 9a)

Boogie Nights opened up..........yea.......another plant for the sale

Thumbnail by gessiegail
Taft, TX(Zone 9a)

Optimara Modesty has made it in time for the sale...........(makes me sad that Snowrose who sent me all the leaves is not around)

Thumbnail by gessiegail
Taft, TX(Zone 9a)

This picture means nothing to anyone but Brenda and me. She sent me leaves of Silverglade Oysters and they wouldn't bloom forever. But can you see the buds forming?
Doing the happy dance!

Thumbnail by gessiegail
Taft, TX(Zone 9a)

Sassy Night is blooming

Thumbnail by gessiegail
Taft, TX(Zone 9a)

Streps Maasen's White, Dibley's Gwen and Purple Panda together! They are still babies.

Thumbnail by gessiegail
(Zone 1)

I gotta get that Sinningia Amizade! Gorgeous!

Taft, TX(Zone 9a)

She was grown from seed with her mother being Iced Sunset (Canadian I think) from Snowrose. She has a lot of orange in her but it is hard to tell.

****Lin, don't order her. I am on a complete burnout with plants............selling as many plants as I can this weekend as I need time for other things this summer. So wait.......and when this sale is over, I am taking cuttings from a lot of sinningias, including her.

Thumbnail by gessiegail
Taft, TX(Zone 9a)

Babies Ruby in the front and Thumbelina baby in back......

Thumbnail by gessiegail
Seymour, IN(Zone 5b)

Gail, that first one is magnificient!!! Absolutely beautiful. Lou

Taft, TX(Zone 9a)

This is the first bloom on baby Fancy Pants (I think)

Lou, isn't she a beauty............I think I said that Jan grew her from seed..........some kind of sinningia she is!

Thumbnail by gessiegail
Taft, TX(Zone 9a)

Susie is in the front and I don't know what is behind her?

Thumbnail by gessiegail
Taft, TX(Zone 9a)

Shenendoah Sugar Plum is one of my very favorites as she is currently and always covered all over in blooms.......maybe 30 at one time.

Thumbnail by gessiegail
Taft, TX(Zone 9a)

I do believe that this is Something Special from Brennan's Orchids and is also a good bloomer..........they have great streps

Thumbnail by gessiegail
Taft, TX(Zone 9a)

Tah Dah! My very favorite streps are the ones that have that little double bloom in the middle.........this is Bristol's Very Berry. Sugar Plum has more blooms than she does but I messed up on the picture of the whole Sugar Plum...........

Thumbnail by gessiegail
Taft, TX(Zone 9a)

Bristol's Zapped

Thumbnail by gessiegail
Taft, TX(Zone 9a)

Grape Splash with the biggest blooms

Thumbnail by gessiegail
Taft, TX(Zone 9a)

Aly's Tiger

Thumbnail by gessiegail
Taft, TX(Zone 9a)

I had to show this as it happens all the time..............that is the mother leaf and the baby leaf is so tiny but look at the bloom of Blue Beard (a dwarfed bloom on this baby at that)
Show is over.............back to work on the plants for the sale................

Thumbnail by gessiegail
Kennebunk, ME(Zone 5a)

OMG! JUST AMAZING!!!
My FAVORITES?

Gabriel's Horn, Amizade, Fancy Pants and Zapped.......*lol*

You are simply a GREEN THUMB, FINGERS, TOES *lol*

Beautiful!

Kim

(Zone 1)

Gail ... When do you sleep? I am so amazed at your beautiful plants! You must be growing in your sleep gal!

You really should have your own business: "Gail's Botanical's"!

Have you seen that guy that is blue? The Blue Man? Well, forget the green thumb ... I think Miss Gail is a Green Lady! LOL.

You Grow Girl! Beautiful, Beautiful Bloomers!

Taft, TX(Zone 9a)

As my brother often says, "Gail, you could never be in business as you have no people skills..............you would run them off if you were busy with your plants."

I love him for his honesty................I just grow.........I don't promise to be nice to anyone coming in while I am working with the plants. (LOL)

Thanks for the encouragement but remember I also have a good camera.

(Zone 1)

I know you have a good camera but a photo never ever captures the true beauty of a plant in person ... and your photo's are gorgeous so I know the actual plants are even more so.

Lubbock, TX(Zone 7a)

I got a HUGE box in the mail from Susan51 today! SO it's Christmas in May here! Had to post this right quick before I get started opening and playing plants or it would be midnight before I posted!LOL
Thanks Sue!

Taft, TX(Zone 9a)

WE can't wait to see, Diane! Are we all just too nosey not wanting to miss a plant!

(Zone 1)

Isn't it just so much fun? I get such a kick out of seeing what everyone buys or gets in swaps or grows from seed or cuttings!

I bought 2 begonia's at K-Mart the other day and they are just so pretty! One I have had in the past, the other is a new one to me. I ran in there looking for a graduation card for my friends daughter and spotted these small hanging baskets for $4.99 and couldn't resist. They are out on the deck so I can't take pic's now ... can't believe I didn't do it the other day when I first brought them home! One has small rounded leaves .. variegated foliage and so pretty. Will have to remember to take a picture to post tomorrow. I think one had buds, maybe they will be open tomorrow!

Northeast, NE(Zone 5a)

Pictures!! I love seeing everyones pictures...Wow Gail I knew you had alot of streps but I never knew you had that many..lol..all Gorgeous!! Those sinningias look fantastic too as well as your av's..works of art!!...Jan your Travis's Fran's Breanne has got to be one of the prettiest compact streps ever : )

Danville, VA(Zone 7a)

I love the Goose Egg plant and all the other plants are just wonderful... Diane, I hope you get to enjoy what I sent.. I told you I would make it up to you ...LOL
Hugs,
Susan

Lubbock, TX(Zone 7a)

OK SO here goes:
Momma's Backhoe (hehe cute name!)
King's Treasure
KY Blue Bonnet
John's Yellow Submarine
John's Winter Sun
Rob's Chilly WIlly ( always cracks me up, but it is SO cute!)
Pirate's Gold
Shenandoah Sweet Talk
Rebel's Splatter
Winter Ice
Neptune
Rhapsody Rita
And more un-named ones including a blooming Strep!
Also Strep leaves:Roulette Cherry
Silvia
Midnight Satin
and 2 un-named: white flower, and purple with red throat
AV leaves: Samson
AND the cute cup and saucer planter! WOW
Susan, you've always been so nice and generous to me. You've also given me 'firsts'! You sent me my first Strep plant earlier this year, now my first Strep leaves to root!Thank you for all you've done. You're such a sweet person.

Thumbnail by Dianesjungle

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.