May blooms and lots of fun!

Taft, TX(Zone 9a)

We need a new thread as the other was too long.
I walked out in the yard yesterday and found hoyas in the trees blooming. Get so excited over any hoya that blooms. Had to look up high as the baskets are high!

Don't ever expect me to know the names. This same plant had unopened blooms everywhere on her.

Thumbnail by gessiegail
Taft, TX(Zone 9a)

Just to show you some of the new blooms coming

Thumbnail by gessiegail
Taft, TX(Zone 9a)

This is a different one as you can see the color is lighter

Thumbnail by gessiegail
Taft, TX(Zone 9a)

I wish Nan could see her Black Pagoda as she sent a small bag of cuttings and look at her now. I wish her blooms were pretty but the foliage is entertaining enough.

Thumbnail by gessiegail
Taft, TX(Zone 9a)

For some reason the cactus love to huddle up against the Mesquite trees.

Thumbnail by gessiegail
Taft, TX(Zone 9a)

Kim, I put all your different kinds of cuttings all in one pot. She is growing away quickly.

Thumbnail by gessiegail
Taft, TX(Zone 9a)

I know summer is here when the cannas start blooming. When I first joined DG some lady sent me a ton of cannas.

Thumbnail by gessiegail
Taft, TX(Zone 9a)

All of the cannas are either yellow or yellow and red.

Thumbnail by gessiegail
Taft, TX(Zone 9a)

Even the Ixoras are blooming with the heat and loving the heat.

Thumbnail by gessiegail
Taft, TX(Zone 9a)

This is the first time I have overwintered geraniums and they are happy campers.

Thumbnail by gessiegail
Taft, TX(Zone 9a)

This is the longest time I have had the same basket blooming for months now on this lipstick plant.

Thumbnail by gessiegail
Taft, TX(Zone 9a)

My front porch is full of begonias and I have to enjoy the blooms while they last. When June heat hits they will just survive the summer to bloom again in the cooler months.

Thumbnail by gessiegail
Kennebunk, ME(Zone 5a)

OMG Gail, you have some AMAZING babies!
I can't even believe how MUCH those foolish epis have grown since I sent them to you! They don't even look like the same plants *lol*
To think I had grown them for almost 2 years and was LUCKY if they threw out 1 leaf. Sending them to you was certainly an act of Mercy as I was truly just ready to trash the bunch of them!
Totally amazing!

What a paradise you have :)

XO
Kim

Northeast, NE(Zone 5a)

Loving these pics Gail..Great Hoyas!! Are those the ones you nearly killed your knee with hanging them in the trees? Those are fantastic..well all of your pics are of course : )

Taft, TX(Zone 9a)

Everyone of those baskets in the trees have hit the ground at least once!!! They are so tough..............whatever breaks I just root and hang them back up in the trees.
Kim, go back to Sally's thread......I thought I was on the bloom page to show you my failures in life...........being messy.............

(Zone 1)

Here's a 3 tiered basket I planted a couple of months ago. The petunia's are dying. This thing dries out so quickly - it almost needs watering daily. Supposed to be 89 degrees here today ... so hot, I might just jump in the pool this afternoon!

Thumbnail by plantladylin
Taft, TX(Zone 9a)

You certainly can't tell the petunias are unhappy but I know it won't be long when they balk at the heat. I love your 3 tiered set up and that is the biggest rubber plant I have seen!

(Zone 1)

Gail, this one is not really a large rubber tree, it has grown a little since I first bought it but it needs repotting desperately! People grow the solid green ones as landscape plants down here in Florida and I've seen some taller than a house! They get to be 40' tall in some areas of south florida! http://davesgarden.com/guides/pf/go/718/

Thumbnail by plantladylin
Taft, TX(Zone 9a)

That is a beautiful plant. That place in Seguin had a lot of different kinds of rubber plants. I think I might get into a couple of them........

Look what I just found. Jan grew this from a seed! Imagine my shock! She isn't open yet but will be in a couple of days.......couldn't wait to post her.

I gotta go take a nap!
Be back later.........

Thumbnail by gessiegail
Northeast, NE(Zone 5a)

Lin..I love that 3 tiered basket...Gail be sure and post another pic when that one jan grew from seed opens all the way..That looks like it is going to be a real beauty!

Here are a few of whats blooming around here..I know I have probably posted these before somewhere but..LOL..humor me... they are alot bigger now and many more blooms : )

1st Bristols Goose Egg....scented strep..I cannot get over how this plant has exploded in blooms over the past few days..a keeper for sure!

Thumbnail by cedarnest
Northeast, NE(Zone 5a)

2nd Bristol's Party Boy really knows how to party..

Thumbnail by cedarnest
Northeast, NE(Zone 5a)

3rd..Gail look familiar?..LOL..its Spin Art from gessiegail showing a bloom for me..Love at 1st sight : )

Thumbnail by cedarnest
Northeast, NE(Zone 5a)

4th..Fernwood's Minuet..such a dainty bloom...

Thumbnail by cedarnest
Northeast, NE(Zone 5a)

Last one for now..this plant is the bloomingest thing I have ever seen..lol..just keeps setting on more and more buds!! Dibley's Silvia

Thumbnail by cedarnest
Taft, TX(Zone 9a)

You can post streps all day long for me!!! Those are great pics and the Silvia and Goose Egg ae new to me. I love those little Fernwood miniatures!!!!

I will also look around for some new blooms later.............

Northeast, NE(Zone 5a)

Can't wait to see them Gail..lol..I love seeing everyones pics!!...I do have couple more to post here..not gessies but i gotta share..LOL..
1st
Oh Kim???....do you remember this plant? ..Its your Bella!!....I would say it recovered pretty nicely wouldn't you? Its in a 10 inch basket now and getting ready to open its first bloom for me!!...I have shared countless cuttings from this plant to spread around the garden thanks to you my dear friend..I am wearing my shoe leather thin running up and downstairs everyday to check and see if this 1st bloom has opened fully yet..LOL..

Thumbnail by cedarnest
Northeast, NE(Zone 5a)

And..where is Lin at?...You gotta see this Lin..That Krinkle8 you sent me last week is already getting ready to open a bloom for me!! I love the color...I am dancing for joy..thank you : ))

Thumbnail by cedarnest
Kennebunk, ME(Zone 5a)

That is just AMAZING to me Nancy!
What a FANTASTIC growing job you are doing!
Remember what poor little Bella looked like when you got it?
OMG that is one fussy little hoya (in my opinion).
You must be just doing things PERFECTLY for it!
Wooo Hoooo, I'm SO happy for you!
LOVE that Syvia :)
I have one little bloomstalk on mine and think I will get 2 flowers from it soon :)

AWESOME pictures Everyone! Keep em coming!

XO
Kim

Taft, TX(Zone 9a)

Nancy, I want you to keep growing that Bella and take real good care of her as I don't want cuttings this summer but next summer I will be hounding you. (the reason being not this summer as I am too far behind and want to catch up on what I do have)
She is a beauty for sure!!!

My Krinkle 8 hasn't bloomed yet. I am jealous! (LOL)

Northeast, NE(Zone 5a)

Thanks Kim..I am just tickled silly over her : )...Gail it will be my pleasure..so far so good with her so I have a feeling I will have alot to send you by next summer!

Andalusia, AL(Zone 8b)

Hi everyone!

Gail,Nice to see you back.The nursery pictures are great! The sinningia,, it's about to bust opened! Which one is that.? Looks like its going to be a nice color.

Nancy,Your streps and hoyas look great! I love the spin art and silvia.

Lin,your plants are great too!

Andalusia, AL(Zone 8b)

Darn I forgot to add the picture.

Gail,this is sinningia guttata that I grew from your seeds:)

Thumbnail by jannich
Andalusia, AL(Zone 8b)

closer picture,beautiful!

Thumbnail by jannich
DC metro, VA(Zone 7b)

wooohoooo!!! clap clap clap

Congrats on the guttata blooms!

Now why will mine never bloom? *sigh*

(Can you spare some pollen off a flower? LOL I'm serious, though... Maybe when you tire of looking at the flowers....)

DC metro, VA(Zone 7b)

Nancy, the gooses' eggs are lovely! what gorgeous color!

Andalusia, AL(Zone 8b)

Thank you,Thank you very much! LOL....
Sure you can have all the pollen you want Ki.But you will need to tell me how and when to get it.The flowers been opened 2 days.What would I put it in?

Kennebunk, ME(Zone 5a)

I just LOVE that guttata bloom Jannich! How pretty!
Everyone's pictures are just outstanding! I'm really enjoying them all.
GREAT growing in this garden :)

XO
Kim

Andalusia, AL(Zone 8b)

Travis's Fran's Breanne today.I like the compact streps!

Thumbnail by jannich
DC metro, VA(Zone 7b)

Pollen is definitely ripe when it's powdery, although some plants' pollen doesn't get powdery... I just sent you email with more info. If you have thread scissors, you could probably snip the anthers off. I really only needwant a little.

DC metro, VA(Zone 7b)

I forgot to ask. guttata is supposed to be fragrant - have you sniffed? It might only smell at certain times of day (like when it's sunny).

:D

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.