Anybody like baby bunnies?

Shenandoah Valley, VA

These baby Netherland Dwarfs just opened their eyes yesterday.

Thumbnail by hart
Shenandoah Valley, VA

These were born earlier. The mother weighs less than 2 lbs so you can imagine how little the babies are.

Thumbnail by hart
Shenandoah Valley, VA

I should have mentioned that's the mama in the bottom of the photo above. Here are two of the baby Fleming Giants with their mama. These babies are probably a little bit bigger now than the adult dwarfs. They weigh up to 25 lbs when full grown.

Thumbnail by hart
Laurel, DE(Zone 7a)

How adorable! I've been trying to convince my husband that we need a pet rabbit.

Central, VA(Zone 7b)

Hart, I had to chuckle when I read the subject of your post. Who DOESN'T like baby bunnies. Awwww, so cute.

Kilmarnock, VA(Zone 7a)

Wow, they are so cuddly. Thanks for sharing. Betty

Shenandoah Valley, VA

LOL I'm sure there must be grouches somewhere that don't like baby bunnies.

Kub, find someone in your area who breeds Netherland Dwarfs and take him to see them. I don't know how anybody could resist one. They're so tiny and cute. They have fuzzy cheeks and the babies look like puffballs.

The giant babies are sort of the other end of the cute spectrum. They're lanky, which is really cute in a baby.

Sequim, WA(Zone 8a)

Awwwwwwww - they are adorable - if DH wasn't deathly allergic to bunnies we would have one again - we both love bunnies - however, he stops breathing when he is around them so that kinda puts the kabash on that idea :(

Shenandoah Valley, VA

I think being able to breath around your pets is a big plus. LOL It's a shame he's so allergic to something he loves.

Metro DC, MD(Zone 7a)

Wow, they are adorable! Did you have bunnies at the time of the swap last year? If so, I missed them!

Too cute.

S of Lake Ontario, NY(Zone 6a)

soo-oo-oo cute!

Fredericksburg, VA(Zone 7b)

I like those, but not the ones eating my veggies........grrrrrrrrrr

Shenandoah Valley, VA

Sorry, Wrightie, I missed your post. No, we got the rabbits right after the swap last year. I was talked into it with the promise that I can have all the manure for my gardens. LOL

Anne Arundel,, MD(Zone 7b)

oh how adorable- I missed out on this thread when you started. Guess they're pretty 'big' by now LOL!

Frederick, MD(Zone 6b)

Yes -- we need an update photo, please, when you get a moment! :-)

Shenandoah Valley, VA

I'll try to take some new pictures tomorrow. I have to take Jello to the vet today. She has started having seizures again, poor thing.

The dwarf bunnies (top two photos) don't ever get big. The adults are under 2 lbs. They're so cute with their puffy cheeks and little bitty ears.

Frederick, MD(Zone 6b)

Aw, poor Jello! Hope the vet can help her out... *hugs* to her and to you too!

Shenandoah Valley, VA

Thanks, Critter. It looks like it is epilepsy and not anything toxic. Her blood work all came back clean. He put her on phenobarbitol. These seizures are horrible and she had four within 40 hours this week.

I was afraid it might be lead poisoning because she has barking fits before and sometimes after the seizures. Hysterical barking and seizures are among the symptoms of lead poisoning.

By the way, little baby Jello now weighs 61 lbs. And she's off her feed with these seizures this week or it would probably be a little bit more.

This message was edited Jun 11, 2008 5:11 PM

Frederick, MD(Zone 6b)

I guess that's a good news/bad news sort of thing, although epilepsy can often be controlled in dogs just like in people. I'm sure glad it's not lead poisoning, but I wish it were something that would just pass altogether in another 24 hours.

Anne Arundel,, MD(Zone 7b)

I never would have thought lead poisoning but maybe in a historic house you have to, huh?
Need visual confirmation on that 61 lb baby too, as long as you have the camera out...

Metro DC, MD(Zone 7a)

Holy cow, I'm so sorry about those seizures, Hart! Hoping for a clear diagnosis and easy course of action. Hugs to lil' Jello from lil' Zeb and me.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.