Aussie trades for NSW, QLD, VIC, NT, ACT, TAS

sydney (menai), Australia

Dear All,
I think the aussie swapping is great but what about the vegies???
Most of my seed comes from Seed savers Network and I run Menai High School seed group with my ag students ( when i'm not on maternity leave)
I have lots of mustard ; leaves are peppery and great in salad and seeds used in cooking
rocket; quick growing peppery salad green
carrot; all season, easy to grow, and save seed from. By the way carrot flowers bring beneficial preditor insects
radish; should be china rose but it may by one that crossed because it was grown at the school and i think other people put in radish as well. however, i have grown it and its an ok radish, which i mainly grow to mark other seed anyway.
Greenshaft pea; a climbing pea
Red barlotti bean
I you want any advise on saving seed, hand pollinating cucubits etc let me know

Warragul, Australia

G'day all!
Well apparently its been the coldest, wettest Winter since the 1990's.... so the clay in my backyard is sticky and hard to deal with!!!
Does anyone have or know anyone else that has Heuchera's.... and NO not Palace purple, or Bressingham, or Amethyst Mist.
Am South facing, trying to do a massed display, with limited flowers as the boy gets heyfever....very badly.... ( I haven't told him about the Bouvardia's)!!!!! lol
So if you have some rhizomes, plants....or if you know someone o.s. that can do seeds or plants....(I have talked to A.Q.I.S.) I can import from U.K and U.S.A. but that is all....
Have a great time in the Garden!!!

Brisbane, Australia(Zone 9a)

G'day all.

I have the following broms in pups and/or adults for swap/trade/sale.
- Neo. GeeWhiz Rubra
- Neo. GeeWhiz
- Neo. Cockabelle
- Neo. Cruenta hybrid
- Neo. Olens hybrid
- Neo. Pride Of Ipswich
- Neo. Morris Henry Hobbs
- Neo. Knockout
- Neo. Macho x Tiger

- Aec. Blanchetiana (orange form)

There are some more which change from time to time so contact me: matt1515@optusnet.com.au

Cheers Matt

rosetta TASMANIA, Australia

no liliums?--anthony

Childers, Australia

Have: seeds of Mustard lettuce, pigeon peas, yam bean, Dandelion, Queen Anne's lace, Bassella, cuttings of Elderberry.

Adelaide, Australia

Hi. I'm after a Sacred Flower of the Incas (candua buxifolia). Anyone know where I can get the red/crimson variety?

North Ipswich, Qld, Australia

Hi All,

Any chance in getting some Hosta's and a mixture of shade loving plants from some of my dear friends on here?

Debi

Maybe a surprise pkt in the mail, I would definately appreciate it.

noonamah, Australia

All done.
This message was edited Feb 3, 2012 12:25 PM

New request: if anyone has cuttings of Solandra maxima - Chalice Vine/Flower, I'd be willing to negotiate a trade or payment.

This message was edited Feb 6, 2012 5:18 PM

Some one is sending me cuttings of Solandra maxima so it's officially OFF my wishlist.

A few of my HAVES:
Seeds
Red Bead Tree, Adenanthera pavonina
African Mahogany, Khaya senegalensis
Carpentaria Palm, Carpentaria acuminata
Cycas xipholepis X armstrongii, Cycad hybrid

Tubers:
Amorphophallus bulbifera
Amorphophallus paeoniifolius

This message was edited Apr 13, 2012 9:35 PM

Tropical breeze,

Could you still spare some of your list?

A. bulbifer (tubers)
A. bulbifer (bulblets)
A. galbra (tubers)
A. paeoniifolius (tubers)

I would pay the postage costs, my friend.
My friends looked after my plants when I had to go away and look after my mum. Unfortuatly I lost alot of my fav plants.
Can you help at all??

Debi

Bendigo, Australia

Hello all. wondering if anyone has some named Hosta divisions that they would be willing to swap.. happy to pay postage or send return package of rooted cuttings.

many available.
Buddleja Lochinch.
Hebe Inspiration
Hebe Lake
Verbena Purple Magic
Lavender. dark like Avonmore.
the above are in the cutting bed but ready to post off.
also
Heuchera Firefly ( in 75mm pots) or swap with other named varieties of Heuchera
Standard Bearded Iris. Abbey Road
dwarf beared IRIS spice sister, making eyes and local hero
Wallflower "Fire King" (in 75mm pots)
will be adding more and deleting as they sell/swap.

Lois

This message was edited Oct 30, 2012 10:50 AM

Ok it's 2012 starting a fresh trade list.

Same rules as before:
Please state what you are looking for ...and what you have to trade.
No chatting- contact through Dmail (just click on the person's name to send a Dmail.) to make inquiries and trade arrangements.

You can edit your requests etc as you go - Good luck everyone ! delete or add by edit.

Remember no chatting just the details ^_^ (chatting in the tea room).

chatter chatter chatter!!!!!

Camperdown, Australia

HAVE :
Dipladenia - Mandevilla Laxa ( white perfumed climber) seeds and young plants.
Seedling trees of Lillypilly for hedging or windbreaks.
Loquat seedlings.
Fig trees ( White Genoa)
Tree Onion sets

WANT:
Hazelnut suckers or seedlings
Passionfruit
Loganberry
Boysenberry
Pecan seedlings
Wisteria, white,blue or pink.
Any other edible plants for Food Forest in temperate climate.

north coast nsw, Australia

Have-Different Brom pups, Sarracenia carnivorous plants divisions. Some orchids.
Want- other Orchids, broms (i'd have to see photos and i can show you some).

Thumbnail by breeindy
ipswich, Australia

does any one know someone from australia that has cyclamens, i really like them and will they grow in the shade, i have just moved into a new unit and my garden is bare, it has a 8 foot high fence and gets a lot of shade, though my front porch never sees sun light and i have a large garden plot under the upstairs apartment it gets about 25% light through the day, i live in ipswich qld
I cant swap and trade plants as yet as i am only a begginner, and am iterested in doing so as my garden grows, but i am willing to pay a small amount for them if i have to
thanks hoping to hear back from some clever gardeners it would be great if i could have some idea's on what plants will grow under the stairs

Vic, Australia

Hi All :)
I have some Lilium’s that are about to drop seed.
If anyone wants to try and grow them, you just pay postage and ill send them to you.
There is a sunset one that was pictured a few months ago- mostly red with orange.
Trumpet regal type lily
And pixels- white with purple spots.

I also saved seeds last year from, pixels and trumpet lily but forgot to label them and they can be a mixed lot.

I know g_whizz grows lilies; he gets first dibs if he wants them

Also the main bulbs and stems should start to die down in the next few months, and I am guessing there is going to be heaps of baby bulbs or pups.
If anyone is interested in them just ask.

Just collected end of season:

Poppy seed: red with black centre, grew 1m tall short flower season

California poppy seed orange: 30cm plants flowers continually for a few months

Cayenne chilli seed: good for soups and stews and chilli con carn. Normal mild heat- won’t explode your head off.

Chain of hearts seed: never grown seed before it’s to easy just to break of a pieces of the plant and stick it in a new pot.

String of beads seed: never grown seed before, easier to grow cuttings.

AND Heaps of past years tomatoes seed that I didn’t plant out this year.

Ox heart – pink?

Yellow pear: Always a good producer – low acid and sweet

Roma: slow producer few fruit

Heritage striped: boring plants most you will get is 5 fruit per plant

Random Tomato Mix: Greens, blackish, reds, large and small fruits.

Camperdown, Australia

Hi Everyone,
I now have some more Mandevilla Laxa Seeds ( white wonderfully perfumed climber of moderate vitality- easily controlled down south) if anyone is interested in them.
Looking for seeds of edible perennials but swapping not essential.PM me of you want some. Oh and I desperately want waterlilies - any colour would be good- have a big pond to fill.
Thanks from Sue

This message was edited Jun 15, 2012 10:27 PM

This message was edited Aug 28, 2012 9:03 AM

Thumbnail by chookie2 Thumbnail by chookie2
melbourne, Australia

Hi, I am a new backyard gardener. Bought packets of seeds, and I realize that I’ll probably only use say, 10 out of the 500 seeds in the packet! So what I have for trade are:
From commercial bought: wild rocket, carrot, broccoli, cauliflower, brussel sprout, red and gold onions, beetroot, coriander, jalapeno pepeprs
From my uncle’s garden (he is a great experienced gardener): cherry tomatoes, basil

I would like plants or seeds: strawberries, blueberries, herb plants (rosemary, sage, bay, parsley, etc). If you have any other plants/seeds that are not in my have-list, I’m open to them as well.

I stay in North-East Melbourne. Greensborough to be exact.

Gosford NSW, Australia

Hi All. I've been looking for seeds/seedlings for Coneflowers other than purple. The ones that have really taken my fancy are the variety "Warm Summer". Are they available in Australia? Does anyone know where from please?

Hi, anyone from Aust that has trades, would you please send me a private message and let me know what you have to offer. Also tell me what you maybe looking for as well, please.

Thx,
Degarotty

Swan Hill, Australia(Zone 9a)

Hi Everyone, I have lots of succulent cuttings I can take, everything from aloes to zygos, also have zonal pelargoniums, crimson rosebud and scarlet rosebud, Bel Gold and a couple of unknown names, scented pelargoniums, I have peppermint, Mabel Grey and nutmeg, Irises, so far only Spiced Custard is out , but will sort out names when the others flower. (Can take pics)
I am interested in getting more aloes and zygoes, gasterias, haworthias, albucas, unusual kalanchoes, sanseverias, and pretty much any other succulent that is differrent. Also looking for Ivy Geraniums (Pelargonium Peltatum), I had a lovely collection but lost them all when I moved. More Irises would be good too. Please and thankyou.
Cheers C.

+88, Bangladesh

hi!!!!
i am interested to make a international garden.and i do not the procedure.how can i make it?i like your programs.

Go man Go!

Coffs Harbour, Australia

jamilurrahman, to make an international garden, you will need to reseacrh where certain plants come from, and then try to make the growing conditions the same. If your country is hot and humid/wet, most of the time, try using tropical plants, as plants from dry climates will often rot and not perform well. Google would be an ideal place to start your research. Good luck.

Dee why, Australia

I love to do gardening but from last 3 months I am unable to keep focus on garden as I am pregnant and working in garden wearing maternity dresses is quite uncomfortable.

http://www.fertilemind.com.au/category-breastfeeding-tops-157.aspx

Glad you love Gardening , Sofia....Im not one for maternity dresses/ and I don't think I'll ever breastfeed..I am a big sucker though, and I know its hard to do things over a 'robust' belly..But it doesn't stop me growing 1st class liliums...............No chatter, Sue.. Sorry

Hobart, Australia

I would like to get some Cuban lily bulbs, if anyone has any. I'm at Glenorchy and am happy to buy them from you or trade, you can come and have a browse in my garden as we only bought the house in Sept so not sure what is here.

Sunshine Coast, Australia

Trade Hoya cuttings for those I don't have. Anyone interested. I have epiphyllum cuttings and purple brugmansia plants.

Beverly Hills, CA

smell rose to me :)

Beverly Hills, CA

but what kind of flower?

This message was edited Jun 5, 2016 9:38 PM

New York City, NY

[deleted for spam]

Hobart, Australia

Whoops, looks like im a bit late to this party as this thread appears quite old....

I'll try anyway, i have few varieties to trade as a lot of my clients have very big gardens and dont mind me helping myself so id love to setup the following trade in Hobart if anyone's interested, i can get access to more if needed.

*HAVE*
Elephant Ears
Oncidium Orchid
Bromeliads

*WANT*
Zabaglione
Heliconias

Either message me on here or send me a message on my website (https://www.treeremovalhobart.com.au) as i wont be able to check here regularly, and make sure you mention that you found me on daves garden, cheers - Isaac

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.