Let me introduce mrsshumway aka....

Sequim, WA(Zone 8a)

Wendi - http://davesgarden.com/members/mrsshumway/ - she's my "other" friend - and while not new to gardening - she does have a fairly new house and no garden to speak of - I just invited her to join us here on DG - soooooo, knowing the generosity of my fellow "gardeners in arms" (and that Wendi won't ask) - I was hoping we could all join in and bring a few "extras" to the swap so she can start building a garden to be proud of :-)

Pic of climbing Joseph's Coat - finally opened today!

Thumbnail by Bec_No_Va
Middle of, VA(Zone 7a)

Well Becky....tell her to come on in and say hello to everyone!! What types of goodies does she like?? Tell her to check in over there http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/799678/ as well!!

Shenandoah Valley, VA

Oh my gosh, she lives in Colonial Beach. We have pictures of me as a toddler at Colonial Beach. I haven't been there since I was a very little girl. This was back when kids' sand buckets and shovels were made out of metal instead of plastic. LOL

Hi, Wendy. I'm sure I'll have plenty stuff I can bring you at the swap.

Bec, that rose is gorgeous. I had no idea Joseph's Coat was such a pretty rose. I love orange roses.

Frederick, MD(Zone 6b)

Welcome, Wendi!

Yes, please tell us more about your new yard & your gardening interests! If you need plants for sunny spots, I'm sure I can provide a few extras... If you've got mostly shade, well, I'll see what I can dig up, so to speak. If you want things like mint, catnip, black-eyed susans, obedient plant (or anything on my list), just let me know... There are some things that I have plenty of, but I won't dig a ton of it unless I know somebody wants it. Our swaps always seem to have more than enough plants to go around. :-)

Colonial Beach, VA

Thank you Bec for the intro to DG and your friends, and to everyone else for the warm welcome. Sorry that it took me so long to get into the swing of things but I get tied up with the “home” environment. As for the types of plants that I like, that is a difficult question because I do not believe that God has made one that I do not like. They are all great, indoor and outdoor. We had a house built in Colonial Beach, VA a little over 2 years ago and have lost 2 trees due to the builder cutting their rooting system and are struggling to add to the yard little by little.

Thanks again,
Wendi

Anne Arundel,, MD(Zone 7b)

Welcome- any friend of Bec's is probably a nut-job as well a friend of all Mid Atlantic. Maybe you can post a picture of house/yard for ideas.

Sequim, WA(Zone 8a)

LOL - Thanks Sally - I soooooo appreciate that :-) (Chantell, I think she means you as well!!!)

Nut jobs are the best people to know~~~~

Sequim, WA(Zone 8a)

LOL - well I guess that is true and a compliment... I think!!!

Linguistically speaking -

Noun: nutjob
A person who is regarded as eccentric or mad
- nutter [Brit], wacko, whacko, whackjob [N. Amer], basket case, nutcake [US], nutbar [N. Amer]
This is the "politically correct version" - there is an "urban dictionary" with much worse definitions :-)

I do like the eccentric part :-)

In my dictionary a nutjob is a fun person with a quick wit.
I like nutjobs.
Whackos are weird people I don't like.
I love slang! The 'common names' of the social world.

Still waiting for pics of Wendi's new yard~~!!
or is this another friend scared off by the Mid atlantic eccentricity?

Sequim, WA(Zone 8a)

Ah no - trust me - it takes waaaay more to scare her off than some of our antics :-)

Actually I think she is lurking, reading and learning "the goingons" of DG :-)

yep I remember gazing at the murky pool of DG before jumping in...........
these days if I'm home I have virtual pruney fingers from too much swimmin...

Middle of, VA(Zone 7a)

I is what I is...and as we all know...takes a nut to know a nut...LOL!!! AS my FAV tshirt proudly states..."I'm out of my mind...please leave a message" nuf said

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.