Lewis Ginter Botanic Garden Spring Plant Sale - May 1-3

Falls Church, VA(Zone 7a)

Since the discussion of this event has been going on under the Green Springs thread, I thought I'd start another one, in case anyone who could come might miss the information otherwise.

As noted in the other discussions, this is a great event at a wonderful venue. I drive down from Northern Virginia each year. I grew up in Richmond, and my mother still lives there, so I usually tend to family business at the same time, and I meet my good friend from college for lunch, shopping and ogling all the goodies that day. Most years, I come home with a pretty full car. ^_^

Barb

====================================================================
Here's the link to the Garden Web Site: http://www.lewisginter.org/

and here's the information posted there:

Spring Plant Sale
Thursday May 1, 2008 to Saturday May 3, 2008

The Garden's plant sales are among the largest in the region with more than 40 vendors selling plants ranging from well-known favorites to rare exotics. Presented by Garden volunteers.

No admission fee; regular Garden admission to visit the Garden.

Thursday, May 1, 1 - 6 pm

Friday, May 2, 9 am - 5 pm

Saturday, May 3, 9 am - 3 pm

Vendors, Products and Services

A Thyme to Plant Herb Farm: Organically grown herbs and other garden related items

Anna Springs Gardens: Hostas, perennial shade plants

Bees & Beetles: Perennials, annuals, shrubs, herbs, herbal soaps & lotions

Bloemendaal's Best: Plants propagated by LGBG volunteers & specialty trees

Blue Ridge Botanicals: Herbs, perennials, aquatics, specialty annuals, flowering vines

Carolyn's Garden: Perennials, hosta, ferns

Cedar Creek Gardens: Japanese maples, woody plants, Australian hats

Chesapeake Landscape: Rare & native plants, plants for: shade, butterflies, hummingbirds

Country Gardens: Perennials, hydrangeas, heirloom mums, rare plants

Dakota Prairie Designs: Handcast and handpainted concrete garden art, botanical tiles

Earthscapes: Rare African & Madagascan succulents, other unusual plants

Goodwill of Central Virginia: Hypertufas, annuals, perennials

Herb Garden, The: Herbs, perennials, watering cans, garden supplies, garden art

Morningside Farm & Nursery: Perennials, herbs, annuals, decorative ironwork

Mustard Seed Farm: Herbs, unusual trees, scented geraniums, hanging baskets

Nature By Design: Native trees, shrubs, perennials, vines, hardy tropicals

Next Generation Garden & Nursery: Cold hardy camellias

Out of the Woodwork: Bluebird houses, bat & butterfly houses, bird feeders

Perennial Pickle: Vegetable plants, birdhouse gourds, hosta, Solomon's seal

Pine Knot Farms: Hellebores and other shade plants

PlantSmart: Hostas

Poplar Ridge Nursery: Dahlias, ornamental grasses, perennials, hanging pots

Radical Root Inc.: Ecologically grown herbs & vegetable starts, edible fruit plants

Richmond Area Daylily Society: Daylilies

Richmond Horticulture Association: Perennials, herbs, shrubs

Rick's Custom Nursery: Rare and unusual perennials, trees, shrubs, & ferns

Stone Crop: Hardy succulents, dwarf conifers, Hypertufa gardens

Tasty Fixin's: Herbs, house plants, jellies, honey, heirloom vegetable plants

Teaberry Farm: Potted plants, perennials, annuals

Tricycle Gardens: Vegetable and herb seedlings

Virginia Orchid Society: Variety of blooming orchids, re-potting service

Virginia Society of Landscape Designers: Education in landscape design

Virginia Vista Greenhouses: Annuals, perennials, herbs, vegetable plants, epiphyllum cati

Windmill Outback Nursery: Australian native plants, metal home & garden decorations

Richmond, VA(Zone 7a)

I'm going to try and head over there Thursday afternoon with my big red wagon!!

Gardengirl, you won't be sorry! Even the weather appears to be cooperating this year. ;->

Middle of, VA(Zone 7a)

Barb - thanks for putting this out in a thread as well!! Was passing the info on to a patient today...Becky and I are heading down bright and early Sat. AM

Glad you can make it down, Chantell! I'll let you know if I find any vendors selling the lilies you're looking for, so you can hit them first!

Safe travels........Barb

Middle of, VA(Zone 7a)

You're a sweetheart...thank you!!!

Gosh - thanks - as I said earlier, I DO love a "mission"! ;-)

Lexington, VA(Zone 6a)

Wow, what a weekend! Successful, great weather and I got to meet Barb - thank you so much for introducing yourself :) Chantell and Becky arrived Sat morning and were the highlight of my day! You two are absolute nuts and it was fantastic to see you again :) I'm kicking myself that I didn't get Rick to take a picture of the three of us :( I totally forgot about trying to get the tickets for the gardens - wondering if the two of you had a chance to go?

We almost had a catastrophe on the drive home yesterday! I was following Rick when just before the long ride up over Afton Mountain our plant hook fell out of the truck and sailed across the highway, fortunately landing in the grass on the other side! I immediately pulled over, turned on the flashers, jumped out of the car and waited to cross - the traffic was incredible - everyone was heading home after the races in Richmond :( I made it safely to the other side, ran back to pick up the hook, made it safely back to the car only to jump in and realize that in my panic I had never shifted the car to PARK!!!!! My hands were shaking for the next half hour realizing my stupid mistake and what might have happened :( Regardless, the plant hook is safe - Rick has had this plant hook since he started business in 1981 and has always said if we ever lost it he would quit! LOL

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.