Southern, WI(Zone 5a)

Jealous! Gorgeous!

Greenwood, IN(Zone 5b)

More...

Thumbnail by SteveIndy
Greenwood, IN(Zone 5b)

Howdy tracey! LOL

Southern, WI(Zone 5a)

And here I sit with just noses. Boo Hoo!

Southern, WI(Zone 5a)

Steve, it's good to have you around making all of us jealous here.

Greenwood, IN(Zone 5b)

Aww yours will come along soon! My peonies were beat to he&$ in last night's storms (sniff). Now I have to look to the lilies to give comfort.

Southern, WI(Zone 5a)

My 'Geisha Girl' looks taller than I would expect for this time of year and it is nice and fat! Can hardly wait. Your postings always help me bide my time... Hey..thanks!

Greenwood, IN(Zone 5b)

Thanks Tracey - I still remember all of your pictures....I love your lily "Geisha Girl". I am looking forward to seeing it bloom again this year!!

Ripon, WI(Zone 4a)

Steve, glad to see you here feeding our lily addictions now! I just have noses too....

Lisbon, IA(Zone 5a)

Ah, peonies and now lilies!! :) Most of mine are maybe six to eight inches tall. It's going to be a while before I see blooms on those. Keep the pictures coming!! It is raining cats and dogs, kittens and pups here this morning. Everything is breaking bud and greening up. Gotta love Spring, even if it is being difficult at times. :)

Divernon, IL(Zone 5b)

Assuming there is only 1 buggycrazy, she appears to be posting nice pics of lilies in plant files the last couple of days.

Lisbon, IA(Zone 5a)

That would be Buggy. :)

Southern, WI(Zone 5a)

There's only one Buggy Crazy ^_^

Lufkin, TX(Zone 8b)

here are my first Asiatics. both are NOID from a mix, but i am still overjoyed!

tracie

Thumbnail by aggiegrl
Lufkin, TX(Zone 8b)

this one is kinda petite, but sooo cute!

Thumbnail by aggiegrl
Greenwood, IN(Zone 5b)

Howdy goldfinch! Good to see you again.

Yes Diann, it is great knowing we can move from one genus to the next!

Nice lilies, aggie. That second one kinda looks like "Maribelle"

Lisbon, IA(Zone 5a)

Lovely Aggie, just lovely! :)

(Sue) South Central, IA(Zone 5a)

I really hate to disagree in public like this Steve, but I'm fairly sure that the 2nd lily aggiegirl posted isn't 'Maribelle'. 'Maribelle' is an outfacing lily with pollen, the lily posted above appears to be upfacing and pollenless. I think the closest lily I've seen compared to that one is 'Coral Sunrise', although it has pollen.

Photo is of 'Maribelle'

can't spell edit

This message was edited Apr 26, 2008 6:28 AM

Thumbnail by llilyfan
Lincoln, NE(Zone 5b)

I agree ~ not Maribelle.

Southern, WI(Zone 5a)

Pretty no matter who she is ^_^

Greenwood, IN(Zone 5b)

It's OK Ililyfan - I have been wrong before and am not above owning up to it! There are so many varieties it is hard to keep them all straight, and depending on lighting the coloring can look so similar on so many. Of course, my memory could just be bad as I had that one several years ago. Thanks for the correction.

This message was edited Apr 26, 2008 9:23 AM

Southern, WI(Zone 5a)

My guess is 'Coral Sunrise' too.

Lisbon, IA(Zone 5a)

Beats me who it is, I just think it's pretty. :)

Diann

I don't know who it is either, but if you ever have an extra bulb and want to trade aggiegirl, I sure would like to have that one. I'm kinda into pollenless lilies ^_^

Thank You Steve, I really do hate to correct anyone publically, but at the same time I wouldn't want a newbie to lilies assigning an incorrect name to a lily.

Lisbon, IA(Zone 5a)

Ha, Sue, don't look at the names in my gardens on my old lilies! The only ones I'm positive of a correct id are the ones I got from Buggy, PNWLS, Iowa Lily Society, Faraway Flowers, Mainiac and Magnolialover. All the rest are from years ago and not the most reliable sources. :) LOL You could have a field day in there laughing at who was supposed to be who. :) LOL I do believe I have some Suncrest seedlings from you, but I have them named Latvia seedlings.. duh. :) LOL

Let's not look at the daylilies, ok? :)

Diann

Lufkin, TX(Zone 8b)

lily,
i would love to get you the lily, but it is the only one i have. if/when it increases, i will keep you in mine. :)

tracie

Diann, don't be too set on the names of the ones from IRLS either! Over the years we have had several 'discrepancies'!

Aggie, thank you for keeping me in your thoughts for when your lily increases, I am looking forward to adding it to my gardens.

Lisbon, IA(Zone 5a)

Ah well, hopefully the discrepancies with ILS is in the past. or not.. :) LOL If they don't turn out to be who they say they are they can always go down to the land of unknown pretties. :) Of course, knowing me, it may take them several years to get there. ;) LOL

I may have to mow lawn today.... hmmmmmm. I need to find my parka...

Diann

Southern, WI(Zone 5a)

I refuse to mow grass before May no matter what.

Lisbon, IA(Zone 5a)

If I don't mow it, I'll probably be baleling it. Besides, I can mow all bundled up with my mittens on. :) LOL

I've got to mow today also, except I need to put those water wing thingys on my mower!

Lisbon, IA(Zone 5a)

Sue, how warm is it going to get down there today?

right at 60

Lisbon, IA(Zone 5a)

We might hit 56, but I doubt it. I see the husband has Olie out and the finish mower on him. So, I might need to bundle up and go out and get the Simplicity out... or not...

I think your yard might be a bit larger than mine. I can easily push mow all of mine!

I've been outside in shorts mixing up another batch of blood spray (Plantskydd).

Lisbon, IA(Zone 5a)

In shorts? I won't be wearing shorts till it's 85+ out... :) Yeah, when we sent the horses off to live elsewhere, Dan started tearing fence out, so now we mow a lot of the pasture. I'm going to try to remedy that this year by tearing up a bit of it for some new gardens. :) LOL

Southern, WI(Zone 5a)

I refuse to mow until May, but I don't refuse if somebody else comes over to do it ^_^

Lufkin, TX(Zone 8b)

same plant as above, but another flower opened and i couldnt resist!

tracie

Thumbnail by aggiegrl
Lincoln, NE(Zone 5b)

That's OK, we won't make you quit. ;) Very pretty.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.