most unique garden theme

Medway, MA(Zone 5b)

No themed gardens or beds, but I do have flowers named for all of us: King Henry viola, Black-eyed Susan, Katherine tall phlox, and Becky shasta daisy!

Milton, MA(Zone 6a)

I had a similar idea, Sue, white Nancy for my DD, Helen's flower for my sister in Italy (Helenium), hmmm, nothing for me, DD#1 or DH. I'll get right on it! Carrie

Medway, MA(Zone 5b)

Carrie, maybe you could get something blood red or named Prom Queen for yourself! (Carrie, the movie).

Milton, MA(Zone 6a)

Yuck, I had to deal with that when the book came out, not in my garden too! There are DLs named Carolyn, thank you.

Milton, MA(Zone 6a)

Wow, I just saw a Daylily named Debussy, which made me think of a garden with plants all named after my favorite composers.

But it seems like there are two different kinds of theme gardens, no? There are those that are just based on the names of the plants, especially in the case of daylily or hosta cultivars, and my famous composers and musicians garden would fit in this category. The rainbow garden Jen is talking about seems somehow more organic, like a spicy fragrance garden, a fuzzy texture garden or a chocolate garden. Or am I mixing apples and zebras, as usual?

central, NJ(Zone 6b)

I got these definitions, so basically was thinking it means the same thing.
1) a unifying or dominant idea, motif, etc., as in a work of art.
2) having a unifying theme

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.