Lets see what you have in bloom right now. part 7

Palm Coast, FL(Zone 9a)

This will probably be the last one of these threads, since the Amaryllis season is winding down for many of us in the Northern Hemisphere. I have a pretty Pink Floyd in bloom. This was so slow to break dormancy, that I almost gave up on it. Inca, Estella, and Amputo still haven't woken up.

Thumbnail by bsharf
Palm Coast, FL(Zone 9a)

Here's another new one for me. Star of Holland from "UTulip". It reminds me of Vlammenspel, except that the red in the throat is not as pronounced. As it aged it got so frilly, and I liked it even more, than when it first opened. Unfortunately, I couldn't find any information about it on the Dutch websites, so I hope that this is not a "generic" name.

Thumbnail by bsharf
Jacksonville, FL(Zone 9a)

Here is a, slightly past it's prime, clump of H. ackermanii.

Thumbnail by ardesia

And one that is a NOID to me.

Thumbnail by ardesia

Nymph, for some reason I do not really care for this one. It never looks like it is all the way open to me.

Thumbnail by ardesia
Hyannis (Cape Cod), MA(Zone 6a)

Here are a few of mine in bloom right now. At the present, I have about 160 bulbs in total of the following varieties:

Amaryllis Apple Blossom

Amaryllis Amigo

Amaryllis Amourette

Amaryllis Baby Star

Amaryllis Carnival

Amaryllis Charisma

Amaryllis Christmas Gift

Amaryllis Clown

Amaryllis Dancing Queen

Amaryllis Double Picotee

Amaryllis Double Record

Amaryllis Durga Pradhan

Amaryllis Elvas

Amaryllis Exotic Star

Amaryllis Faerie Tale

Amaryllis Faro

Amaryllis Floris Hecker

Amaryllis Green Goddess

Amaryllis Garden Pink

Amaryllis Garden Red

Amaryllis Garden Striped

Amaryllis Garden White

Amaryllis Hercules

Amaryllis Jewel

Amaryllis Mary Lou

Amaryllis Melusine

Amaryllis Minerva

Amaryllis Nagano

Amaryllis Nymph

Amaryllis Orange Souvereign

Amaryllis Picotee

Amaryllis Pink Floyd

Amaryllis Pink Star

Amaryllis Red Lion

Amaryllis Red Velvet

Amaryllis San Remo

Amaryllis Santana

Amaryllis Susan

Amaryllis Sweet Surrender

Thumbnail by litmusician
Hyannis (Cape Cod), MA(Zone 6a)

A few more of mine

Thumbnail by litmusician
Ewing, VA

Bsharf...My 'supposed to be Estella' from ABC is in bloom....

Here it is Night Star...

Thumbnail by mariava7
Ewing, VA

Oooops...I meant "with Night Star".

With Gilmar...

Thumbnail by mariava7
Ewing, VA

and with Donau...

Yes...Estella turned out to be Amputo!

Thumbnail by mariava7
Palm Coast, FL(Zone 9a)

Maria: That's interesting: so my Estella from ABC is really Amputo. But I still wish it would wake up already. Must be ashamed to show itself, since it is mislabelled.

Ewing, VA

The Dogwoods are in bloom. Spring is finally here...

Thumbnail by mariava7
Ewing, VA

Pinks in bloom...

Thumbnail by mariava7
Ewing, VA

Minis in bloom...

More to come...

Thumbnail by mariava7
Ewing, VA

More to come...

Thumbnail by mariava7
Palm Coast, FL(Zone 9a)

Benfica

Thumbnail by bsharf
L.A. (Canoga Park), CA(Zone 10a)

Ragtime

Thumbnail by Kelli
Solingen, Germany(Zone 7a)

1st of F2 (selfpollinated) of "Flammingo"

Well I assign Fammingo with double m because - as we all know - my unprotected name was stolen in order to be used for another hybrid which has little if any flamingo feathers *LOL* I wonder when the double m-ed name will be robbed as well find inappropriate usage for another commercial hybrid ***ROFL***

Thumbnail by haweha
Solingen, Germany(Zone 7a)

A view on the second flower of the maiden umbel of this seedling.
You can perceive strong similarities to "Temptation" (actually, I WAS aMMazed) *g* but differences as well.
Particularly the buds and the backside of the flower segments, respectively, remind me strongly of "Appleblossom" which must be the grandfather of this seedling (not Picotee as I erroneously stated, earlier, elsewhere)
I read about the "knight" thing (in "knight star lilies") and one explication was that the green spathe leaves were likened to horse ears when thy had just split and were still green and showed upright. Okay, in this case it is the both still unopened BUDS which are exactly in the correct position to be taken as "horse ears" *LOL*

This message was edited Apr 27, 2008 7:40 PM

Thumbnail by haweha
Mobile, AL

Hans-Werner!

I adore that last picture with the "horse ears" and your new creation is AWESOME!

Speaking of "aMMazed", I remember years ago when I first discovered Amaryllis. For some reason, I kept forgetting how it was spelled (I only had a few), and I would try to do a search for Ammarylis. At that time, there was no internet. I was searching something called "Notes" files on the huge internal network that my company had. I never did find any information on Ammarylis.

LAS and Cheers!

Ann

Mobile, AL

bsharf,

My Amputo bulbs (new and old) are still pretty much sleeping despite warm weather. I did notice this weekend that one of the older ones is producing leaves. I purchased two new ones, hoping for blooms to cross with Pink Floyd, but it doesn't appear that it will happen this year.

Pink Floyd...

Thumbnail by HSteacher
Mobile, AL

It's the middle of the season for me, and I noticed something strange this year.

My Johnsonii bloomed earlier than those that are located south of me (warmer).

This is a picture taken last weekend at my Mom's neighbor's house. They have several pecan trees with Johnsonii planted around them. The neighbor's husband told me that his wife divides and replants them often. I suspect that I need to start doing that!

Thumbnail by HSteacher
Mobile, AL

A closeup...

Thumbnail by HSteacher
Mobile, AL

New to me, this year....

Santos!

Thumbnail by HSteacher
Mobile, AL

The Garden Pink and Garden Red at Walmart this spring turned out to be all Red's, but not all the same Red. Actually, a couple of them turned out to be Orange.

I don't know about the Garden White or the Garden Red & White because they did not bloom.

Still, at $3.34 per bulb, I am thrilled because they will go in my garden.

Thumbnail by HSteacher

This is a cross of "Exotica" and "Carnival". It's the first I've had one bloom that I grew from seed.

Thumbnail by Kelli
Ewing, VA

Sir Hans...I am looking at Flammingo with a smile in my face. :-) It is good to see it once more. I fell in love with Flammingo right from the very first time you posted it's pic in Gardenweb. Very beautiful..

Yes, there is a sonatini named Flamingo. It is supposed to be a pink/white trumpet. We shall see is a few weeks. My Flamingo(s) are showing leaf/scape tips now.

Here are more of what I have in bloom...

Ferrari

Thumbnail by mariava7
Ewing, VA

Amalfi

After the mother bulb gave out 2 scapes, an attached bulblet decided to give out a scape too. On it's second season, Amalfi has produced more than 20 bulblets!

Thumbnail by mariava7
Ewing, VA

Residence

Enjoying it's first taste of rain. This is a new bulb for me this season but has produced a third scape. The bulb is not even showing any shrinking. What a performer!

Thumbnail by mariava7
Ewing, VA

Walmart Garden Pink Amaryllis

I bought 3 bulbs of these. One was Appleblossom (as expected) and the other one was a dark red (still figuring out if it is Red Lion) I think I got lucky with this one though...lol!

Thumbnail by mariava7
Ewing, VA

a closer look...

Thumbnail by mariava7
Ewing, VA

Matterhorn

Also on it's third scape. I was not too impressed by it's flowers on the first 2 scapes, looking like any ordinary white. This time it showed it's real beauty.

Thumbnail by mariava7
Ewing, VA

Striped Panther, Sweet Lilian, Zombie, Piccolo and Amputo blooming inside with some of the seedlings.

Thumbnail by mariava7
Ewing, VA

Miracle

Not as popular as Benfica but this is a giver on it's third scape with long lasting blooms.

Thumbnail by mariava7
Ewing, VA

Donau

Also showing it's best on it's third scape. The flower petals get frilly as it ages...very pretty!

It's definitely not slowing down here with the new ones still blooming and the old ones just starting to bloom. It will be a long blooming season this year. :-)

Thumbnail by mariava7
Ewing, VA

Donau

Also showing it's best on it's third scape. The flower petals get frilly as it ages...very pretty!

It's definitely not slowing down here with the new ones still blooming and the old ones just starting to bloom. It will be a long blooming season this year. :-)

More to come...

Thumbnail by mariava7

I love those Johnsonii; my main clump did not bloom this year because it has gotten too shady where they are planted. I have a few blooming in pots and smaller clumps around the garden but they make such a show when in a large mass. I have plenty of the ackermanii that bloomed but they are not as an intense red. They are bright but not stunning like the johnsonii.
Guess I'll have to get busy transplanting.

Charisma

Thumbnail by Kelli

I don't know what this is. The label got lost. It always has a short flower stalk.

Thumbnail by Kelli
Ewing, VA

What's in bloom last Tuesday night...
I had to bring them all inside for our temp. here went down to the 30s (lows).

Thumbnail by mariava7

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.