Pinching bacopa?

(Zone 4a)

When you start bacopa from seed - do you need to pinch the plant to make sure it gets bushy?

Ottawa, ON(Zone 5a)

I don`t know about seed grown Bacopa, but in the greenhouse (cutting plugs) we always pinched them at about 4" to get them to branch out.
I don`t think it would hurt them if you pinch them a bit.
Btw. are they easy to grow from seeds? I might give them a try next year if they are easy.

Hope this helps you.
Thea :)

(Zone 4a)

Well so far so good - they are maybe 2 inches tall right now....my seed packet come with like only 10 seeds or something and I only had about 2 seeds that didn't germinate. I think they are easy - however this is the first year I have grown them....I will tell you when they finally make it outside - which won't be for a few weeks yet LOL

Franklin, WI(Zone 5a)

Just don't water them from the top with Miracle Gro. I just lost every beautiful single one I grew from seed to damping off (about 20 plants) Boy, am I bummed.

Circle Pines, MN(Zone 4b)

I started both the blue and white types from seed this year as well. So far, so good, and pretty good germination, too!

Ottawa, ON(Zone 5a)

OK...you convinced me...lol...next year I will give the bacopa seeds a try too :)
Zarebeth, where did you get the blue seeds?
I only saw the white bacopa seeds in the catalogs, and they were a bit pricey, but then again still cheaper then paying almost 3$ for a 4" pot.

Thea :)

Circle Pines, MN(Zone 4b)

Swallowtail Gardens: http://www.swallowtailgardenseeds.com/annuals/bacopa.html

I had pretty good luck with their seeds this year.

(Zone 4a)

I did pinch them back about a week ago and yes I do think they have gotten bushier! Maybe I am just seeing things???? They look better anyhow :)

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.