Question

Roswell, NM(Zone 6a)

Jackie I know where the red one came from, don't remember the name, after writing and looking at 100 different iris today at the show cant remember my name much less an iris one. But when we dig next month I'll get the name. It is like a 2005 and was on the queens tabel as the best red today. Had a beautiful, rusty/red falls with pale blue standars and orange spoons one today too I'll get one for you and the right name when we dig, they were tall stalks with multiple blooms. At least now I know where I got it yea. Susan

Los Alamos, NM(Zone 5a)

Wow! I would like to know its name as well. Do let us all know!

Roswell, NM(Zone 6a)

Ok we did a member's garden tour today and I found Jackies iris Yea. Its name is Saturday Night and the tag said 2005, it came from one of the members that have dozens of beautiful iris, and they dug it and a clarance last year and gave me the small ones of each and guess what I did, someone got a Sat. Night and will wonder when it became the color of clarance. Oh well at leaset I tried and my husband is glad I found some one to share all the iris that wind up on my porch on the years we dig. Jackie do you have the LA iris that are red or the dark purple with a yellow strip? If not and you want some when I get my start I'll send you one of each.

South Hamilton, MA

There is no 'Sat. Night' in 2005. Check the plant files for 'Sat. Night Live' Schreiner'96--it is on page 4 of the S section. The person may have bought it in 2005. It is reddish black.

Roswell, NM(Zone 6a)

That could be it. I was trying to read names as we walked threw. I know they order from a lot of the iris places too. We went to three places that was just loaded with iris in bloom I've been to all these house to help dig but just one when they were blooming before so it was really neat to see what most all of the names colors were.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.