Question

Rancho Cucamonga, CA

Does anyone have a picture of Azure Reprise that they can post for me? I can't find a picture of it anywhere...here at Dave's or on the internet.
Is there an iris called Fiera? I have one in my garden labeled Fiera and cannot find this one either.
Thanks.

Deer River, MN(Zone 3b)

I'm afraid there is no iris registered with the name Fiera (unless it's an 08 intro).

I'm also afraid I can't locate a pic of Azure Reprise for you, either.

Rancho Cucamonga, CA

Thank you Laurie. No wonder I could not find Fiera.
I have a description of Azure Reprise but cannot for the life of me find a picture.
I appreciate you replying.

Los Alamos, NM(Zone 5a)

Did you search the iris photos - hort database?

Rancho Cucamonga, CA

No, Paj, but will do it now. Thanks!

Rancho Cucamonga, CA

Didn't find anything there Paj but here's a picture of what I hope is Azure Reprise. I just want to crosscheck before I add it to my database.

Thumbnail by weegy12
Deer River, MN(Zone 3b)

Azure Reprise is sky blue with yellow hafts. Your iris appears to be white. Not a match unless your photo is deceiving.

http://www.geocities.com/RainForest/Canopy/2920/page7.html

Hi Louise. There is a picture of Azure Reprise at the link for the site.

Rancho Cucamonga, CA

Thanks echoes, sure don't look like mine. I will snap another photo of it today and see what I come up with. Not another unknown??!!?!?! This can be very frustrating, agree???!!? Thanks for helping me with yet another "not" iris!

Rancho Cucamonga, CA

Here's the one I received as Fiera which I now know is not Fiera, I wonder if there was a misunderstanding of the name on my part.

Thumbnail by weegy12
Rancho Cucamonga, CA

I've also got this one sold to me as Sultan's Palace but looks nothing like it. Does it look like Mescalero Chief to any of you?

Thumbnail by weegy12
Rancho Cucamonga, CA

I know I'm a bug with all these questions! I just really want to ID these guys.

Lincoln, NE(Zone 5b)

I love that last one, whatever it is!

Rancho Cucamonga, CA

Well, it is Mescalero Chief for sure. I took a picture of the Mescalero Chief I have in the big garden and yes, they match.

Texas/Okla central b, United States(Zone 7b)

LOL...I bought 3 Happenstance from the co-op last season..they are blooming now, still marked with their little metal tags. One is yellow, one is blue, and one is the true happenstance (pink)

Los Alamos, NM(Zone 5a)

Oops! I hope the ones I bought from the local rhizome sale last year are more true to the name on them. that is funny about Happenstance. But I have always heard it is hard to get Happenstance to bloom and you seem to have been able to do so the first year. That is a worthy achievement.

South Hamilton, MA

Happenstance not happy in our area--one of those things, not every iris (or otherplant) is happy around the country.

Rancho Cucamonga, CA

UH OH Jackie. Can I send you 2 more Happenstance this summer?

Loysville, PA(Zone 6a)

Oh Weegy12, I love that Mescalero Chief. Thanks for posting that pic (even if ya did have to figure out who it was)

o weegy..........not to worry .....stuff happens, we"ll trade again....I just thought it was funny looking out there this morning and seeing my smorgasborg of happenstances....see picture,I also have a Clarance from I don't remember where and it is the most beautiful red. And coming up roses is a gorgeous peachy apricot

Thumbnail by jackieshar

This? is coming up roses

Thumbnail by jackieshar
Los Alamos, NM(Zone 5a)

Well, Jackishar, that is an outstanding red, no matter what it is. Perhaps you need to take it to your next club meeting, if there is one while it is in bloom, and ask them what it is. Probably somebody knows. If the plant is out of bloom take the picture to them. They will probably get a laugh out of the problem. In fact, a picture of the three "Happenstances" might give them a laugh as well.

South Hamilton, MA

Clarence is a medium blue violet with white zone under the beards. Colorful red no matter what.

Sand Springs, OK(Zone 7a)

sorry Clarence isn't red
Clarence 1990
s/white tinted Violet at top F / light blue Violet / white center half's /cream beard . sweet fragrance . re -blooms in some places

the name game in iris is awful ,
but when you win a big blue ribbon in a show it worth all the trouble to keep them tagged
and only buy from big growers that guarantee color and name to be accurate . if name is important you ,
you can will go nuts playing who am i

Los Alamos, NM(Zone 5a)

I agree. I now realize that irises which have lost their tags will probably never be identified with any surety. I think I can tell the ones I bought from one another, But I have a huge number of rhizomes from my local AIS rhizome sale which I have no idea whether I can trust their names or not. I will find out this year or next.

yup the sales are a crap shot ,.
since i show mine if no name
off it goes to new home
getting to old to worry and have a judge look at me" like you know better ", tags and maps are a must , i play checkers with mine and maps are hard for me to keep updated , because i am lazy and , old too

Roswell, NM(Zone 6a)

jackie Love the red, if its one that came from me its probable a 2007 introduction, that just got mismarked by me, Iol. Thats one thing I can say for the ladies in our iris club when they dig and mark they know what is what, I love it at the shows when someone brings in an iris and wants to know the name, we have four that I think thats all they do is study iris because I've only seen one they couldn't name and it came from my yard and they figured out later it was because we have bee's they did some hybridizing for me, made a neat bluish/green with orange beards, but its never bloomed again yet, still waiting so I can get it marked. Susan

you know Susan, I think it might have been one you sent....however, I do think it is beautiful whatever it's name and WOW even neater I may have a new 07 introduction.....in the picture above it's a twin this morning...I love and appreciate all the ones you have sent me. I could not have had them otherwise.......I only need the names when I trade, and I was just being cute, I did know that Clarence is blue with white

I have bees too..lots of them, so far I haven't seen cross pollination......the only thing I worry about is them making honey from my highly poisonious Daturas which they love and just swarm......I don't know if that would make poison honey or not

Tazzy I will provide a loving home for any little illegitimates you might want to put out

Roswell, NM(Zone 6a)

Me too, I like the unnamed ones I like suprise's. I know one of the iris we had was Crimson something. And the ones we dug went from 2007 back to 1939 so it could have been one thats only been out for a year or two. I just know everyone is gearing up to dig this June and I've all ready started reminding them I wanted all the unwanted ones. The little ladies laugh about me adopting the small unwanted rhyzomes and even the old mother rhyzomes but thats were a lot of mine got started from and have really grown. I still have your list and have the list from the other two sales coming up soon. So make room Susan

Raleigh, NC

LOL - now you know, weegy, why I only get irises from growers - they will refund my $ if the nametag is wrong! Otherwise, buy from affiliated iris societies - they are persnickety about getting right names.

heres is what i got this week for having names right LOL

Thumbnail by tazzy
Cedar Rapids, IA(Zone 5a)

Clarence in my garden is very noticable. The falls have the texture of crepe paper with lighter "water spots". Horned , too. Congrats on the ribbons, Tazzy! good to see you online again.

Thumbnail by Wandasflowers

wanda
im still kicking and twiching just cleaned out pond
and i am stiff and sore even my hair hurts
LOL

tazzy.....congrats!!!!!

Thumbnail by jackieshar
Roswell, NM(Zone 6a)

Jackie what is the name of the last iris you posted? Jimmy is making this kind for a lady and the live one is just about gone, but now thanks to you I have a good picture of one. Yea. And its the right color LOL, I'll send you a picture of the finished product. Susan

I dont know Susan. It is a bog iris that likes a bit of a wet spot....I have it offered in the trades to exchange for TBs...I have hundredss available

Roswell, NM(Zone 6a)

Please put me on your list for some I'm just about to get my bog spot finished. Susan

Cedar Rapids, IA(Zone 5a)

Tazzy, getting off at noon today to go home and ready the house for the wild bunch from the 2008 Iowa Round Up. We had 40 people for the Welcome Dinner at my house last year--going for 50 this year! Tommorrow is the big Plant Swap & Potluck.

Should I bother cleaning the house, or just lower the wattage of the bulbs???

turn off lights .use candles they hide a lot of sins
plus makes everone look twenty years younger.
^_^

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.