SECRET GARDEN SWAP-CHAT AND PICTURES

Effingham, SC(Zone 8a)

TexasLizzy.... does that mean that your secret buddy gets some BBQ brisket? If so, sign me up. Yum.

Southlake, TX(Zone 8a)

hmmmm? ARe you willing to wait a couple weeks?

Camden, AR(Zone 8a)

FINALLY - at least some success!! I found ONE XXXX gift item at a local store .... the ONLY one they had and I SNATCHED it up ... along with a few other goodies that actually had the item I have been looking for on them..... NOW, to just get them in the mail!!

Hope my buddy enjoys them..........

Genna

Fritch, TX(Zone 6b)

well, i finally got it all packed up today. but didn't make it to the PO. maybe tomorrow.

isn't every place out of TX north of me?

i am NOT giving any hints. i personally am willing to bet she likes surprises and would like anything i send...

(Cathy), MO

I would join a swap like that like! Where we could get anything garden or yard oriented but it has to come from a yard sale or thrift shop! Now that would be fun.

Pacifica, CA

evening all,

oh what a wonderful surprise i came home to thank you jen_d i love ducks to begin with and this one is so cute!! will make a fine addition to my yard just so cute..
and the hummingbird feeder is beautiful! wonderful colors on it thank you for the nasturtium seeds always is a favorite in the garden and the humming bird nectar.

Thumbnail by lizrainey
Cleveland Heights, OH(Zone 5b)

Hey everybody...

Please forgive me, I have my box all ready to go for my buddy but I have no clue when I will get it to the P.O.

On the 25th we had to rush my mother to the hospital, and she was diagnosed with cancer in her lungs, bones, and adrenal glands. Please keep my family in your prayers as I have people traveling throughout the world simultaneously, as the prognosis is very poor and worsening.

I have been at the hospital almost 12 hours daily and this is my first opportunity to check my email and boards.

Thanks in advance for your prayers and understanding. I will get it out asap.

(Cathy), MO

Antoinine, I'm sure everyone in here will agree, your family is much more important that a box. Thoughts and prayers are going out to you. And your family too Gen. Life is so short, and family is first.

(Zone 1)

So sorry to hear about your mother, Antoinine! You are in my thoughts and prayers. My Mom passed three years ago. Her cancer began with breast cancer and ended up in her bones. I know what you are going through. If you have hospice available in your area, I highly recommend them. They were such a great help during both my MIL and my Mother's last days.

Take care and know that others are understanding and keeping good thoughts and prayers for you and your family.

Pittsburg, MO(Zone 6b)

Please everyone, don't worry, all of us know family comes first. We are all patient and gentle people and we do understand. Prayers are going out to all of you and your families.

(jax) Dundalk, MD(Zone 7a)

I agree with Robynzest! But, TexasLizzy, if you are sharing BBQ, I will volunteer to be your Secret Swap!!! lol

KC Metro area, MO(Zone 6a)

I got my gift today and hopefully will have it ready to go before end of week.

Those of you with family problems, take care of them first. They should come first everytime. :~)

TabacVille, NC(Zone 7a)

Echoing majority's sentiments here, Antoinine. If we were your neighbours, we'd be right there giving you a hand.

Texaslizzy, I'll wait a month for Tx style bbq brisket!

~Jaye

Johnson City, TX(Zone 8b)

Antionine, please know you and family are in our
prayers. Family comes first! Do what you can when
you can and let it be easy. You know we all understand
hardship.

Bessemer, AL(Zone 8b)

toni, sent you a d-mail. take care of your mother, and don't fret over this swap

Franklin, OH(Zone 6a)

Toni...praying for all of you...

My swap buddy box was mailed yesterday. It was hard to let it go, as it is something I love and they only had one of them!!!! Sure hope she likes it.

My swap buddy box is mailed today! I hope
it arrives safe and sound, and that she likes it!!

Whitsett, NC(Zone 8a)

Out for delivery !

TabacVille, NC(Zone 7a)

Hey all...I know Brandi's still deciding on a swap, but hoping this hasn't stepped on her toes...I started a swap for addicts like us!
It's the Red, White and Blue swap.
Come on over..
http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/841164/
Jaye

Franklin, OH(Zone 6a)

I forgot, I got so involved about Toni, but I think Cat has a GREAT idea!!! A swap where the item has to come from a Garage Sale or Thrift Store....wouldn't that be FUN???

Camden, AR(Zone 8a)

Goodmorning everyone! I FINALLY located something...... the ONLY one they had with the xxx on them that I was searching for so I snatched it up. Found another interesting goodie to put with it that I sure hope my buddy likes.....

Have it boxed up and ready to go to the post office or UPS today depending on what time I get off work and which one is still open......

The goodie box will be headed South - and will hopefully arrive by Friday.....

Thanks everyone for the well wishes for my MIL - thankfully, at the moment, she is doing some better and has been moved to the nursing home. She is not a happy camper - but she likes that better than the hospital alternative.

Antoinine, so sorry to hear about your mother. I know how difficult that type of diagnosis is on everyone. I will keep your family in my prayers......

Genna

(Zone 1)

FlStu has an interest thread on a Garage Sale/ Thrift Store/Trash to Treasure Swap. Check it out: http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/841075/

Cleveland Heights, OH(Zone 5b)

Thank you guys so much for your kind words. (((((((((((((hugs all around)))))))))))))

Toni

((((Back at you Toni))))

Bessemer, AL(Zone 8b)

((((toni))))

Tucson, AZ(Zone 8a)

Antoinine,

Sorry to hear about your mother. It is always hard when a family member is sick. Your family always comes first and you have all the hugs that I can send your way.

TabacVille, NC(Zone 7a)

((((Toni))))

Sonoita, AZ(Zone 8a)

Wow, just back from Mexico where I took my Mom for her birthday. I got my buddies gift ordered today, and of course had to get one for me too! :) I could have gotten something from Mexico, but I never made it off the beach, unless empty beer bottles is on her wish list :~{)

Toni you are in my prayers

(Zone 1)

Hey, I don't drink so the empty beer bottles would be great for me ... I could make a bottle tree with them!

( Kim) Zion, IL(Zone 5a)

Oh Boy What a great Surprise when I got home I forgot all about it I thought I had gotten my swap WRONG Thinking again I just have to stop that (Thinking)
Jordankitjo (Kathy) sent me A flower catalog with a $25.00 gift certificate Oh The Catolog is High Country Gardens Oh It is so hard to pick out thing I want them all. Good thing I went back to work Thanks so much Kathy It a Very great gift
Thanks again
Dimmer(AKA) Kim

Thumbnail by Dimmer
Bessemer, AL(Zone 8b)

kim, you should get the rest hopefully tomorrow. happy shopping

(Cathy), MO

Ok Kim, now I'm jealous!!!! I love that place!!! LOL

Pittsburg, MO(Zone 6b)

Wow Kim, what a great gift. I'm with you cat, I'm so jealous, but I really love my gifts from you. Don't want to trade them for anything.

(Cathy), MO

Yea, we want BOTH!!! :-)

Fritch, TX(Zone 6b)

Toni, praying all goes well with your mother...

I got a notice that i have a box at the PO, and it could only be from this swap, but i didn't get there in time today, ARRRRGGGGGH!

so, thank you partner!

also, i got mine sent out today, hope somebody thoroughly enjoys it!

tf

( Kim) Zion, IL(Zone 5a)

Thanks girls
This is the first time I have ever seen the Catalog and I Have no idea what too get I am starting a Black and white container with Bulbs as soon as I get them now I have to think of some others colors to start. I am not very good at watering outside so this is going to be great I will update when I no what I want LOL that is going to take some time and some more pay checks LOL
Thanks
Kim (Dimmer)

(Cathy), MO

Everythig I have ordered from that company came in really good shape Kim. I don't think you can go wrong no matter what you order.

Pittsburg, MO(Zone 6b)

It's the best company to buy from if you don't like to do the watering.

TabacVille, NC(Zone 7a)

Kim, I hope they have more flamingos for ya!
Do they have a High Country Gardens website? N'er mind...I'll check.

Danville, VA(Zone 7a)

Yes Kim and her flamingos...LOL She love them... but hey we all like what we like... they are cute.
Susan

Post a Reply to this Thread

You must log in and subscribe to Dave's Garden to post in this thread.