My "quince" is this, I think

Laurel, MD(Zone 7a)

PlantFiles: Flowering Quince
Chaenomeles 'Cameo'

I meant for this to go into the Spring is in the air and dirt thread. Sorry.

This message was edited Apr 17, 2008 2:09 PM

Dover, PA(Zone 6b)

I just posted a picture of a bush that I was given years ago they called it a Cardinal Bush. When you posted the pictures of your Quince I thought it looked like yours just a different color. I posted pictures over in the Plant ID forum Here is a link. Could you look at them and see what you think.
http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/836160/

Laurel, MD(Zone 7a)

Holly, yes, that sure looks like the quince, the other one I mentioned that I have. It's a sort of rose color. It has thorns, however. The one I have listed as 'Cameo' is thornless and the flowers are double as you could see in the picture.

Dover, PA(Zone 6b)

Mine has thorns not very many but pretty large every now and then I find one. I haven't done anything with it for years but let it grow it's quite big and as you mentioned trying to take over that part of the yard. It grows along the drive way and did a pretty good job of providing coverage for that area. Last year Ric dug out a large chunk of it when he put in my potting shed and then last month I took out quite a bit of it on the other side when we had to do some work on the well. It wasn't quite covering the well cap up. But the guys needed to be able to work there so I cut back a space around that area.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.