Leesburg, FL(Zone 9b)

Yeeks -- I've got thin splotchy white fuzzy stuff, i'm assuming is mold on the surface of some of my peat pots.

Is the seed ruined, and is the soil shot? or can i just scrape the top layer off and add more -- then add another seed??

UGGG, and they were my heirloom tomatoes!!

I had them in an open ziploc .... but obviously they stayed too wet ... i have them out in the sun right now.

Springfield, MA(Zone 6a)

I would also like to know - I have some delphinium seeds that got some mold.

La Salle, MI(Zone 5b)

I had some seeds with mold on them and threw them away...

TC I had some mold on top of the soil around some of my seedlings and I took tweezers and very carefully picked it off. I also had some seeds that hadn't germinated yet and the whole top of the soil was moldy, I dump those in the garbage... I was told when that happens some of the seeds are bad...

Now I am fighting fungus gnats and that is a pain, I have lost sooo many babies because of them :( I gave all my plants and babies a good drink of knockout yesterday I hope this will take care of them... It was bad enough fighting them here in the house, but they ended up out in my GH :( All my coop plants are out there. So far all out there are okay...

Springfield, MA(Zone 6a)

I'm so sorry pepsidrinker . . . .I know you work hard to be a good plant parent . . . . A curse on all the gnats! ditto for the mold.

La Salle, MI(Zone 5b)

Thanks Sean

Leesburg, FL(Zone 9b)

OH -- I have to add.... many of the containers that were moldy, have germinated. It turns out, it was my columbine containers.... boy i would have been totally BUMMED if they all croaked. there are still 4 that had a bit of mold, that have not germinated yet. One was some sort of "strawberry" something ... i'd have to look that up...but i still have more seeds that i will just direct sow.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.