BINGO TIME FOR APRIL!!!!!

Braselton, GA(Zone 7b)

Here is the list you picked from. I will post both number and name.

1. Aca's "Family Reunion"
2. Big Daddy
3. Janet
4. "Stephanie" Croteau
5. Rob's "Whatever" (for Carson "whatever" is his newest favorite expression)
6. Candy Lips (Madison, who is always eating something SWEET)
7. Bud's "Melanie"
8. Dora "Lee"
9. Little Katherine (for our newest baby Kathryne)
10. "Michael" Angelo
11. "Sassy" Jewel (my sweet canine friend!)
12. Dorothy "Louise"
13. "Alice" Henry
14. Jennifer
15. Yvonne
16. King "David"
17. Maa's "Angela"
18. Maa's "Chris"
19. Anita "Vivian"
20. Maa's "Robert"
21. Pink "Patti"
22. "Coco" Loco
23. "Bob" Serbin
24. My "Molly"
25. Burgundy "Beau"
26. Lady Eliza"Beth"
27. "Steven" Dennis
28. Fredette's Sweet "Jenny"
29. Dewberry
30. Austin
31. Aca's "Betty" Davis
32. Aca's Merry "Mary"
33. Fantasy "Lou"
34. Aca's "Laura"
35. Frankie

Our cardholder is Kim [HYPERLINK@davesgarden.com]

This message was edited Apr 14, 2008 8:16 AM

Braselton, GA(Zone 7b)

We have FOUR prizes this game:

Winners choice.....

Self watering pot/$15.00 gift card from Lowes or Walmart donated by Kim (Dimmer)
A $20.00 gift certificate donated by Susan (Susan51)
Surprise Box of Gesneriads,Leaves,Plantlets,Cuttings and a self watering pot by Anonymous Donor
The Biggest Loser Prize donated by Diane (Makshi)

Thank you all for your generous offers! What wonderful prizes!!!!!

Braselton, GA(Zone 7b)

Calls will be made and posted here!

Here we go....GOOD LUCK everyone!!!

(1.) #12. Dorothy "Louise"
(2.) #30. Austin
(3.) #22. Coco Loco - Bonus call for April 14th

Calls for April 15th:
(4.) #32. Aca's Merry "Mary"
(5.) #06. Candy Lips

Calls for April 16th:
(6.) #13. "Alice" Henry
(7.) #19. Anita "Vivian"

Calls for April 17th:
(8.) #1. Aca's "Family Reunion"
(9.) #8. Dora "Lee"

Calls for April 18th:
(10.) #4. "Stephanie" Croteau
(11.) #24 My "Molly"

Bonus call for April 18th: In honor of my Daddy, it is his birthday today..he died three years ago!!!
(12.) #10. "Michael" Angelo

Calls for April 19th:

(13.) #23. "Bob" Serbin
(14.) #14. "Jennifer" (what were the chance of that happening! 14 IS 14..lol)
BONUS CALL:
(15.) #21. Pink "Patti"

Calls for April 20th:

(16.) #7. Bud's "Melanie"
(17.) #2. Big Daddy

Calls for April 21st:

(18.) #5. Rob's Whatever (for Carson)
(19.) #9. Little Katherine (for Kathryne)

Bonus call:

(20.) #28. Fredette's Sweet Jenny

Calls for April 22nd:

(21.) #3. Janet
(22.) #20. Maa's Robert

Bonus Call for April 22nd:

(23.) #27. "Steven" Dennis

Calls for April 23rd:

(24.) #11. "Sassy" Jewel
(25.) #25. Burgundy "Beau"

Calls for April 24th:

(26.) #33. Fantasy "Lou"
(27.) #35. Frankie

Bonus call for April 24th:
(28.) #26. Lady Elizabeth ("Beth")

(29.) #16. King "David"

Calls for April 25th

(30.) #34. Aca's "Laura"
(31.) #18. Maa's "Chris"

BONUS Call for April 25th:

(32.) #17. Maa's Angela

This message was edited Apr 25, 2008 9:52 AM

Braselton, GA(Zone 7b)

Picture from the AVSA page....
Dorothy Louise

Thumbnail by JanetS
Noblesville, IN(Zone 5a)

Janet keep that up I have both.

Braselton, GA(Zone 7b)

Yea! Alright then! They are both very pretty too! Louise is my Granny's name, and Austin is a dear friend (father of a sister in law) that is at present dying from kidney failure. Two very special people in my family tree!

Noblesville, IN(Zone 5a)

Sorry about your friend have kidney failure. My DS friend is on kidney waiting list. What make kidneys fail I wonder.

Yes the flowers are beautiful.

Noblesville, IN(Zone 5a)

Here is the Austin from the AVS:

http://www.avsa.org/Photographs/AustinLrg.jpg

Braselton, GA(Zone 7b)

He is 82 and the dearest, sweetest man I have ever known. He was the picture of health, and had a "complete?" physical. Doctor told him he would live to be 100. Two weeks later he was having some issues and went to the ER. BOTH kidneys...one completely gone and nothing to do about it and the other operating at less than 20%. They put in a stent and got that one to 30%. So much pain. He was at first very angry, which we understood completely given the doctors checkup....and now he is at peace with his death. He loves the Lord and is not afraid, but he hates leaving his great grand children and his wife and daughter too. He has been part of my family for 37 years, and I have NEVER heard one mean statement made about Austin. Just wonderful praise!

I am sorry about your son. I have often said, that is why God gave us two kidneys, just in case someone we love needed one of ours. Of course, that is not always possible either, we are not always a match. I am an organ donor though, I try hard to take good care of my organs, so one day someone may live because it was my turn to meet my Maker! I think that would be the most wonderful way to be remembered, to be able to give someone the "gift of life", when we are leaving this one!

Braselton, GA(Zone 7b)

http://www.avchimera.com/austin.htm
Link to description of Austin with pictures...
Thanks for posting the ASVA picture Diane, I thought I had sent that one too...but I guess I forgot to hit send! LOL

Thumbnail by JanetS
Frederick, MD(Zone 6b)

Woohooo! I have the first call on my card! Oh sunny day! LOL

Hearing Janet's story, of course now I wish 'Austin' had been on my card too, and not just because it was called today! I hear what you're saying about "spare" kidneys... any time somebody close to me worries about liver damage from meds she has to take, I point out that I've got a nice healthy liver that's much bigger than it needs to be (I think they do liver transplants now with just portions from living donors, too). Of course, I have no idea if I'm a match, but still.

My dad told me the other day about a "round robin" kidney transplant (at Johns Hopkins, maybe?) where several people needing transplants each had a friend or family member willing to donate a kidney, but they weren't a match. However, somebody figured out that patient A's friend was a match for patient B, and patient B's brother was a match for patient C, etc... and something like 5 or 6 people got new kidneys that day!

Braselton, GA(Zone 7b)

That is too cool! There was a television program on for a while that was about donors and one of the episodes was like that...I just thought, how wonderful! It is great to know it can happen in real life too!

I wondered if when I called the AVs you guys would be interested in a little family history to go with the names...lol I promise most of it is not sad, either! LOL So if you would like to really know more about my "family" names, I will add a little info to each call. If NOT then that is all good too...lol I know most of the time we use DH, DIL, DS, etc. so names are not much a part of our post. I guess that is for privacy reasons...I don't know.

Braselton, GA(Zone 7b)

Bonus call for today is:
#22. Coco Loco

After my sweet and crazy neice! Courtney...Coco for short and Loco to sure!

Thumbnail by JanetS
(Zone 1)

Woo hoo ... it's on my card! I chose that one cause we had a kitty named "Coco" with nicknames of "Monster Cat" and "Fat Cat" ... she was a big girl @25 lbs at her heaviest! She's in kitty heaven now.

Now, Janet ... I love your niece's name, Courtney ... and her nickname of Coco!

Lubbock, TX(Zone 7a)

Yipeee I had that one!

(Zone 1)

^_^ I'm up to two! LOL.

Braselton, GA(Zone 7b)

#32. Aca's Merry "Mary" for a dear sweet family member we lost on
Christmas Day 2007

Thumbnail by JanetS
Braselton, GA(Zone 7b)

#06. Candy Lips ...

.we call my DGD this, she has such a sweet tooth!!! LOL Her name is Madison

Thumbnail by JanetS
Northeast, NE(Zone 5a)

I am up to 2..loving seeing all the pretty blooms..and I really like your meaning behind each name..really neat Janet : )

Braselton, GA(Zone 7b)

Thanks, Nancy. You have two out of five already, that's not bad! I can remember one game that it took seven calls for me to have just one! LOL

(Zone 1)

I have 3 so far.

Janet, I too love that you are including a little bit of your family in this game! Have you told them about it? I love the cute nick names!

Braselton, GA(Zone 7b)

No, I haven't told them about it...lol I am sure they would approve though...my son was trying to help me think of something to do for a theme, so I will have to remember to tell him what I chose!

( Kim) Zion, IL(Zone 5a)

I am here sorry Had to to computer in been without for 5 days it was killing me But the nice thing is I got 3 of them
Dimmer(AKA) KIM

Braselton, GA(Zone 7b)

#13. "Alice" Henry was for my sweet Mama...she is 81 in May this year. She grows sweeter and dearer with each passing day!

Her first name is Alice, her second is Vauneita, and that is what she went by all of her life, until we began giving her Grandchildren...now everyone calls her "Mama Jones"...there has never been a sweeter woman! She has five children, 17 grandchildren, and 13 great grandchildren!

This message was edited Apr 16, 2008 8:38 AM

Thumbnail by JanetS
Braselton, GA(Zone 7b)

#19. Anita "Vivian"
This one was chosen for my "other" Mama....my dear MIL. She is also a true and wonderful friend! She is also known as Bebe, and Nana Bebe! She was blessed with 5 children, 14 grandchildren, and 10 great grandchildren. As you can see we have a very large family!!! Tomorrow she will be 82 years young!

This message was edited Apr 16, 2008 8:37 AM

This message was edited Apr 16, 2008 8:38 AM

Thumbnail by JanetS
Frederick, MD(Zone 6b)

You'll have to pass along extra birthday wishes from us to your MIL! It's fun to have your family "playing" the game with us this month...

Your "sweet mama" was my third call, too! Three out of seven... I think that's about par for the course so far! :-)

(Zone 1)

I don't have either one of those on my card.

Janet, Sounds like you have a very wonderful and large family! Yes, please wish your Mama a very happy Birthday from all of us! My dear Mom would have been 82 on May 3rd. Even though she is not here in person, I still wish her a happy one each year. Maybe I will bake a cake in her honor this year. ^_^ I can see her *smiling* at that one! She would approve! My dad will be 83 next week.

Happy 82nd Birthday to Nana Bebe too!

Awww, pooh!! I missed out on getting my card in! Well, I'll just have to poke my nose in to see what y'all are up to anyway! LOL And the good thing is, I can take over yelling
BINGO!!! BINGO!!! BINGO!!!
since Janet is the host and can't! LOL Good luck to everyone! ^_^

Kennebunk, ME(Zone 5a)

AWWWW Amy, why didn't you get your card in you silly goose?
I am really having alot of fun playing 12 cards. I'm close to winning *lmao*
We can both yell Bingo now because I'm not playing either *lol*

XO
Kim

LOL We'll just BINGO together, Kim! ^_^ I have been so busy and I just forgot about. Then the last few days I've been feeling rather poorly and just now realized that it had started already. Oh well, I'll catch it next time! I don't see how you keep up with all those cards! It's all I can do to watch my own! LOL

Northeast, NE(Zone 5a)

Just checking in..I had 1 of todays calls on my card!!

Amy I never even realized you weren't playing....Bummer : ( Yes you and Kim will need to take Janets place at shouting out Bingo..lol...that is so funny : )

Braselton, GA(Zone 7b)

LOL...oh, WHATEVER! as my DGS would say...BINGO!!!!

Northeast, NE(Zone 5a)

HA HA HA....Wouldn't be a real game without you doing that.....You are a hoot Janet^_^

Braselton, GA(Zone 7b)

#1. Aca's Family Reunion

We used to have these a lot when I was a child, now it doesn't happen very often. But we live relatively close to one another and do get together on Christmas and Thanksgiving every year. Still, those old fashioned "bring a dish" family reunions were wonderful for seeing distant cousins and Aunts and Uncles. Does anyone else still have those?

I love the little pink center on this one!

Thumbnail by JanetS
Braselton, GA(Zone 7b)

#8. Dora "Lee"

Now this name is REALLY special. My Granddaddy was "honestly" a distant relative of General Robert E. Lee. (Not sure I should tell that. He was really NOT a nice man...lol) But as well as being the last name of my Grandfather, it is the middle name of BOTH of my wonderful sweet Son-In-Laws! Robert Lee is one of their names and Shawn Lee is the other! Isn't that something!!!

(NOW, I feel like DORA is a family name, we have sang her song for eight years with the Grands! LOL)

Oh, MORE pink in the center!!! Very nice flowers!!

Thumbnail by JanetS
(Zone 1)

:( Neither one on my card ... but I love Dora Lee ... Wow, that one is really pretty! Love the story too. So, you are a distant kin of R.E. Lee, how neat! I love family stories!

Taft, TX(Zone 9a)

Ooooh! That Dora Lee is fabulous! I don't have her marked on my card........but going to first class and read more about her.

Noblesville, IN(Zone 5a)

Not on mine either but boy I love the Dora.

Lubbock, TX(Zone 7a)

Yes I agree- Dora is especially nice!

Man! I'm not doing so well! I only have 2 so far...

Braselton, GA(Zone 7b)

#4. "Stephanie" Croteau
This one is for my first born Daughter...Stephanie Elaine...the mother of my first and second Grandchildren!

Thumbnail by JanetS

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.