Mike Freck

Lakeland, FL(Zone 9b)

Mike renber that Lotus i started in a Pepsi Bottle Last Year? Here It Is Paul

Thumbnail by phicks
Lincoln, United Kingdom(Zone 8b)

I looked at my lotus seeds last night and wondered if its to early to have another go...

Wish i had your sunshine and warm weather..

This year can't be as ba as last year though..with all that rain??? Can it?

Lakeland, FL(Zone 9b)

LOL

Kissimmee, FL(Zone 9b)

Phicks I hope not I am coming over next week! I am really going to suffer if it doesn't warm up a bit!

Lakeland, FL(Zone 9b)

Comeing Over? Where Are You? Paul

Kissimmee, FL(Zone 9b)

In Florida, I am going to Windsor for a couple of weeks, Queen lives up the hill, while we lowly peasants stay down the hill! s'nice and warm here!

Lakeland, FL(Zone 9b)

Tell Lizzy i said Hi

Kissimmee, FL(Zone 9b)

I can't do that, she never invites me up for a cuppa tea, but we do both buy our Christmas Puds in Tesco which is just across the road from me. I don't know why she doesn't ask me cos I love Earl Grey with lemon! If I see her around I will tell her "Paul in Lakeland said Hi to you" OK

Lakeland, FL(Zone 9b)

Thanks

Victoria BC, Canada(Zone 9a)

Oh my... That is the same pepsi bottle Lotus? It has done really well and Looks great! Mike and I are very Jealous:)
We are just starting to get out from under the clouds and warm up.It has been a very cool spring this year. hmm I should say we haven't really had a spring until this week. I think I will give that bottle another go too:) Mine did well until I potted it up. Think i need lessons on how to pot those things.

Bea

Kissimmee, FL(Zone 9b)

Paul, all those Lotus' are growing in the ditch round the corner, if I had the energy I would go and take cuttings, but alas I haven't so I wont bother, I will leave it to you with your pepsi bottle, I wonder if a coke bottle works as well?

Lakeland, FL(Zone 9b)

Yup

Yeah mine are ok untill iget to the potting stage. Then they go all leggy and the leaves go yellow and die quicker than new ones come out.

Lakeland, FL(Zone 9b)

Mike what do you use for Poting Mix?? Paul

I used aquatic compost as normal compost floats but aquatic mix is heavier so it sinks.
Its what we use for water lillies.
Mike

Lakeland, FL(Zone 9b)

i use cat litter

Lakeland, FL(Zone 9b)

Colocasia formosana

Thumbnail by phicks
Tampa, FL(Zone 10a)

Mike, you really need bottom heat for your Lotus.

Thumbnail by DaleTheGardener

Paul you are catching me up with that one... mine is stuck in the house as there is no way i can lift it in its pot.
My babies are in the greenhouse so we will see...

I'll try the bottom heat thing..might be a good idea. i tried inside the house...extra lighting...air pumps...so why not bottom heat! Lol... is there mush else to try? But cat litter? Is that the clay kind or what? you can buy all sorts of cat litter here..from lemon scented to one that dies you cats fur pink!

WHHHHYYYYY !!!!

Kissimmee, FL(Zone 9b)

Mike, I used the the stuff I got from the aquatic garden centre where I used to live for my water lillies, the cat litter I used in UK for my cats I would not put in the pond, I had Sainsbury's clumping stuff, but it was all a bit powdery to use. I shall send you a Dmail

Lakeland, FL(Zone 9b)

the Cat Litter i use is from WalMart Called Special Kitty theres nothing in it its the same stuff they use for the water garden soil Paul

You have a product called "special kitty" that sounds so cheesey...lol

Sounds like the clay granules though.

I am starting to wonder if its to do with water ph though..as i used tap water...didn't have a water butt sorted out last year.

Lakeland, FL(Zone 9b)

Mike I There Wal Marts There?

(Zone 8b)

No - no Wal-Marts in the UK. We do have Asda which was bought by Wally's lot, but it doesn't really compare, its much more a grocery store with extras whereas Wal-Mart is Extras with a grocery department.

Lakeland, FL(Zone 9b)

tThey will be there before Long

Tampa, FL(Zone 10a)

Lets hope not...

Lakeland, FL(Zone 9b)

Dale Theres A New Super Market Opening soon in Tampa LakeLand Haines City And Other Places Called Aldi its a german company Bring ing lots of Jobs To Paul

Tampa, FL(Zone 10a)

Good jobs, in America!?!? What a great concept.

Hope that wasn't too loud, it is 1:30 AM in the UK, hope we didn't wake anyone.

Lakeland, FL(Zone 9b)

They Pay Cashiers Ten A hour to start

Lakeland, FL(Zone 9b)

http://www.sundaysaver.com/ look for Aldi

Victoria BC, Canada(Zone 9a)

We have a wallmart here. I don't have a cat but it sure is worth a try for the lotus seedlings:)
Thanks for the tip.

Bea

(Zone 8b)

We have had Aldi here for years, I'm not very impressed with them. The range of goods is pretty limited, but they are cheap!

Lakeland, FL(Zone 9b)

Cheap is good

Cheap and rubbish..... i would never go in as its stinks of BO the minute you walk through the door.
I reckon there slowest seller is soap..going by there staff and customers...

Asda is the other side of town so i tend to use Waitrose or Tesco.

Kissimmee, FL(Zone 9b)

I agree Aldi is a rubbish place. I went to one but only once, you can't beat Waitrose, got Tesco opposite the house in Windsor, but my favourite for grocery was Sainsbury's. Never did go to Asda, over here I like Publix for fresh produce.
Perhaps Aldi will imrpove it's image a bit before it opens in Tampa.(ROFL)

I liked that American store called Bewellys or beverleys.... can't quite remember the name.
But it sells proper english tea.

Lakeland, FL(Zone 9b)

Mike Girls Drink Tea Men Drink Beer

(Zone 8b)

Not true!! This girl drinks Coffee and Beer but not at the same time. Iced tes, Texas tea etc are positively un-British, but British men enjoy their "cuppa"!

Tampa, FL(Zone 10a)

I am big on biscuits with mine.

Kissimmee, FL(Zone 9b)

I can get my PG tips, and Yorkshire tea and Twinings Earl Grey just in my loal supermarket (Publix) costs a bit more, but I do stock up on such things when I am over, plus mint suace, gravy granules etc.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.