Whats up with the forecast...

Middle of, VA(Zone 7a)

...night temps down in the 30's again over the next few days?!?!? I have things that need to go OUTside...geez!!!

Near Lake Erie, NW, PA(Zone 5a)

Chantell, I'm with you! What is going on? It is to chilly for me to be outside, and there is no sunshine today and it's the weekend. So what's up with that?

Chevy Chase, MD(Zone 7a)

I hope the forecast turns wrong -- I just dragged out a lot of plants! The weather must be doing strange patterns the past two weeks, though, because the forecasters have been way off the mark.

Metro DC, MD(Zone 7a)

GRRRR ... I hadn't heard anything about it going down into the 30's! We moved a zillion flats of plants outside today, too.

Middle of, VA(Zone 7a)

http://weather.weatherbug.com/VA/Stafford-weather/local-forecast/7-day-forecast.html?zcode=z6169 And THIS is for the Stafford area....

Shenandoah Valley, VA

Ours is calling for night temps in the low 30s until Thursday when it will warm up at night to mid 40s. Snow showers in the morning. I hate this. My dark purple lilac is covered with buds for the first time since I planted it and I know they'll be killed if I don't keep it covered.

Near Lake Erie, NW, PA(Zone 5a)

Better protect that Lilac, mine is just to tall to cover but not ready to bloom, it is just starting to show some green.
This morning it was between a rain and snow. I just remarked to DH that I was running out of room in the basement and he said I should start putting things out, I don't know why I even talk plants to him. : (

Middle of, VA(Zone 7a)

My Persian Lilac's been covered in blooms since mid last week....oh the scent!!! Course not sure what will happen to them with these upcoming night time temps...grrrr

Shenandoah Valley, VA

Do you have an old sheet, Chantell? That will protect them. I will cover mine, Chris. My other lilacs are too big to cover but this dark purple one I just planted a few years ago and I can still protect it.

I'm worried about my tulips. Alliums too - they're about a foot tall and some have little buds inside. I have a lot of tulips that are just about ready to bloom. All the fruit trees are blooming too so I assume that means no peaches or pears this year.

Remember everyone that cold air sinks so plants at the bottom of a hill are going to get colder than those at the top of a hill.

Middle of, VA(Zone 7a)

I think I've got a bit of a "micro climate" in my front yard...between the yard facing south and my front being brick..it's been fine years past - so it should be ok this year. I believe this is spring number 3 for this one - and it was in a 3 gal nursery pot when I bought it.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.