Composting & Teas (back to the earth)

Near Lake Erie, NW, PA(Zone 5a)

Docgipe and Junita were having an interesting discussion on composting so I hope they continue it here so it doesn't get lost at the end of the seed starting thread which was getting very long.

Dover, PA(Zone 6b)

Thanks Ladygardener, It's a very interesting discussion and I would love to hear more about Doc's teas and composting practices. I was going to check out the composting forum but it sure would be nice to talk about it right here and I know many of us are very interested.

Near Lake Erie, NW, PA(Zone 5a)

Your'e welcome Holly. I compost, but I am a 3 T girl, "Toss, Turn and Time" I just sifted some of my compost yesterday to add to the new garden I am starting near my fence. It sure has improved my clay soil over the years.
My birthday present a few years back was a Chipper shreader, I only send invasive plant material like Bamboo to the land fill, everything else is put back into my yard.

Dover, PA(Zone 6b)

Lady I am much the same although mostly I'm a TT girl. Toss and Time, I don't bother to turn very often. We had horses and a few other animals for years and all the stall material went into the veggie garden. Sure made my clay soil nice. I sometimes get a load of Mushroom soil been quite a long time since I got the last one. That dirt pile we moved last year all got dumped down with the compost.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.