Our dear Chantell's son needs your love

Anne Arundel,, MD(Zone 7b)

In brief reply to a ongoing seed deal, Chantell mentioned this tonight
"My son's friend, who was battling brain cancer for a 4th time passed today...things are pretty sad around here."
A little more info on the Prayer requests forum. How sad. I feel sure there are those here who would want to know about this. Hope that's OK, Chantell.

Shenandoah Valley, VA

Chantell, I'm so sorry for your son and his friend's family. He must have been so young. Many hugs and prayers for all of you.

Columbia, MO(Zone 5b)

Oh Chantell! Hugs for you and your family. Please pass along to that young man's family as well if you think it is appropriate.

Chevy Chase, MD(Zone 7a)

Chantell: How tough for your son, and of course for his friend's family. Very sad. I'll be thinking about all of you.

Near Lake Erie, NW, PA(Zone 5a)

So sad this terrible cancer has taken one so young. {{{Hugs}}} to all who have been affected by this loss. I am sure his doctors did everything they could, they are a very special group of doctors and nurses that deal with this everyday.

Middle of, VA(Zone 7a)

With tears...I thank each of you (Chris - hugs). Sally very sweet to have started this thread...I appreciate it greatly. We hurt when our children hurt...so I can't even fathom what his parents are going through and have been since this was his 4th time fighting this. We know Justin's no longer in pain but I'm sure those around him - miss him just the same. I didn't know Justin or his family - just what my son has told me over the last 18 months. So many of these boys haven't experienced loss - I'm sure we all prefer our kids have less painful life lessons but I agree that it teaches just how precious life is - we're not promised tomorrow so need to make today count. Thank you ALL again!
Hugs!

Adamstown, MD(Zone 6b)

Chantell - So sorry to hear about your son's friend. Praying that his family and friends find comfort and peace in the knowledge that the young man is no longer suffering. It is so painful to see your child hurting and yet you realize how lucky you are that he is still with you. You can't stop the hurt but it is a powerful growing experience and your support and just being there for him is so important right now. Take care and know that we are all thinking of you.

St Joseph, IL(Zone 5b)

Thinking of you all Chantell.
Laura

Middle of, VA(Zone 7a)

Thank you Laura!

ALL: please keep Becky in your prayers today as well...as you know her young cousin recently passed away and his funeral was today.

Of course~~ thinking of you too Becky.

St Joseph, IL(Zone 5b)

Dear Becky,
Sorry for your loss. You are in my thoughts and prayers.
Laura

Dover, PA(Zone 6b)

I'll be thinking of you Chantell and Becky and your families. Two such young lives lost to a terrible disease.

Middle of, VA(Zone 7a)

Update - the boys (baseball team) "won it for Justin" last night: http://www.fredericksburg.com/News/FLS/2008/042008/04092008/369933
2nd pic down on right margin is "my" Michael...he was on cloud nine hitting that HR for his friend...a bitter sweet victory...
Thank you for your prayers...they've meant a lot!!!

Sequim, WA(Zone 8a)

Thank you all - I spoke to my aunt and it sounds like it was a lovely service - everyone is still numb - but, realizes that we all have "our time" - some just have a smaller amount of days available to them than others - we did find out he died from heart failure - at the age of 33 he had 80% blockage in his heart.

Shenandoah Valley, VA

Oh, Becky, I'm sorry you couldn't be there. He was so young to have been taken by heart problems.

Chantell, that's awfully sweet about the boys winning one for their friend.

Look- the angels are sending some sunshine to tell you it will be OK.

Middle of, VA(Zone 7a)

Was just thinkin' that Sally...up there teachin' em how to play ball. :)

Baltimore, MD(Zone 7a)

Chantell-----

I am not really good at all this "condolences" stuff.....But--I think it is sad that kids in their younger years have to experience a loss of one of their friends. I also think it is a very good "reality check" that one is never "immortal"--even if they think they are, and have everything going for them. I believe it adds "years" to their maturity level, even if it is in a sad way.

BE with your son and let him grieve. Let him know that it is OK to cry and mourn and be vulnerable at this time. Let him know that you are always there to comfort him....
In the long run--it builds character.

My thoughts are with you and your son and his friend's Family.

Gita

Ellicott City, MD(Zone 7a)

My thoughts & prayers are with your son & the friend that he lost.

Chevy Chase, MD(Zone 7a)

Chantell: I'm sure you saw the nice article in yesterday's Washington Post about Justin and his girlfriend: http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2008/04/16/AR2008041603415.html

Middle of, VA(Zone 7a)

OMG - I don't get the paper...thank you, happy!!! Please continue prayers this weekend - Justin's viewing is tonight and funeral tomorrow.

Chevy Chase, MD(Zone 7a)

Will do!

Baltimore, MD(Zone 7a)

Oh, Happy------Thank you for posting this link. You have me sitting here crying my eyes out after reading all 5 pages of this article. SO well written! Just tugs at my heart strings.....so sad to have someone so young die...

Chantell--It is so hard to see our children hurting! I know you want to take your son in your arms, as if he was a toddler, and just hold him and hold him.........and tell him everything will be OK. Such empty words at this time in his life.....but even adult kids need their Mom at times.

Looking ahead--what an awesome role model Justin and Courtney have been to your son and to all the other kids in that school! What an example of LOVE and CARING! On how to stay positive in difficult times and how to go on in spite of everything. A GREAT life's lesson!

Please give your son a big hug from me.

Gita

Middle of, VA(Zone 7a)

Here was the other article http://www.fredericksburg.com/News/FLS/2008/042008/04092008/369853/index_html
done the same day they put the article in when his team mates won their game the day after he passed: http://www.fredericksburg.com/News/FLS/2008/042008/04092008/369933

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.